The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

That would have been a great idea.

the sedins, Edler, burrows, Kesler, and among other players said that playing even half a season with Matt’s sundin took those guys to that next level due to his leadership and teachings.  It would be nice if the sedins would be around when juolevi, dahlen, Pettersson comes in.  

Technically, they could be 'around', even if not as players...

8 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I'd suspect it has something to do with the "minor injury" that was reported around a week ago (keeping him out of the 4 Nations U20).

Växjö probably decided they'd give him a week off (next SHL game is November 14th).

They did use him for the second leg of the Champions League knockout round. But probably they figured it was worthwhile to play him to help advance to the next round of that tournament (where the team draws significant financial benefits), but aren't willing to risk him for international play.

This is all speculation of course as I haven't read anything yet that actually speaks to these issues.

Thanks mate that's pretty logical speculating right there.

Hypothetically speaking, if the Sedins return for another year and both Dahlen and Pettersson make the team what do the lines look like?

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Dahlen - Pettersson - Eriksson

Daniel - Henrik - Virtanen

Granlund - Sutter - Dorsett

Gagner the extra forward?

Goldobin?

Gaudette, Lind, Gadjovich in Utica?

26 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

Hypothetically speaking, if the Sedins return for another year and both Dahlen and Pettersson make the team what do the lines look like?

Goldobin?

The only way I could see both Dahlen and Pettersson making the team and the twins being there is if we’re sellers at the deadline this year. If we move Dorsett and Granlund leaving more holes on next years roster. I don’t see that happening though. I’m also on the Gaudette train I think he’s our next prospect to make the roster.

3 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

Goldobin?

I agree with Gaudette, Lind and Gadjovich not being in the NHL at the start of the season. But you don't pay Gagner that much money to be the extra forward. I also think that both Dahlen and Pettersson will stay in Utica to have more seasoning on the North American game and ice. I believe that Goldobin will probably make it to the Canucks. I believe that this season, the Sedins are trying to convince the Canucks brass and themselves that they can still play as top 6 forwards. It's not looking good right now so they may not be back next season.

• Upvote 3

On 11/11/2017 at 5:22 PM, messier's_elbow said:

I'd like to see Gaudette, Petterson, Dahlen, Lind,Gadjovich and Juolevi all playing in Utica to start next season. Then I want the games Televised. 

i  could see Lind make it straight to the nhl.  im ok with them in utica even tho it would make me sad. im hoping pettersson/dahlen at least start in the nhl or get a 9 game look.  i could see juolevi going up and down easily. 

On 2017-11-11 at 5:22 PM, messier's_elbow said:

I'd like to see Gaudette, Petterson, Dahlen, Lind,Gadjovich and Juolevi all playing in Utica to start next season. Then I want the games Televised. 

Pettersson is an NHL player already.  Why would we put him in the AHL? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pettersson is an NHL player already.  Why would we put him in the AHL? 

It is amazing how many people think EP and AG are going to need time in the AHL.....EP is dominating a better league than the AHL right now and AG is doing almost as good as Johnny Hockey did and he has more size and grit....

They both make the team next year...no question....

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

It is amazing how many people think EP and AG are going to need time in the AHL.....EP is dominating a better league than the AHL right now and AG is doing almost as good as Johnny Hockey did and he has more size and grit....

They both might do a Boeser, and make our team this spring?  I think with the season ticket drive in full swing at the end of this season (likely a dismal bottom five finish too) management will want to sell “hope” for a better next season.  That’s why I think those two players are on our team for the final 10 games or so.  Plus, they are better than a lot of the vets we currently have.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

They both might do a Boeser, and make our team this spring?  I think with the season ticket drive in full swing at the end of this season (likely a dismal bottom five finish too) management will want to sell “hope” for a better next season.  That’s why I think those two players are on our team for the final 10 games or so.  Plus, they are better than a lot of the vets we currently have.  

I hope to see them at the end of the year as well...but for a playoff push...I don't think we are as bad as those last 2 games and with some gelling I think we might be as good as the Pittsburg game....we will see....in any case we need to offload some Vet.'s at the TD....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I hope to see them at the end of the year as well...but for a playoff push...I don't think we are as bad as those last 2 games and with some gelling I think we might be as good as the Pittsburg game....we will see....in any case we need to offload some Vet.'s at the TD....

At least two forwards got to go at the coming TDL, or sooner.  We need room for Pettersson and Gaudette.  Vanek and Burmistrov?  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Yeah, the real limits are roster-based, such as if the Sedins return for another year.  Gaudette will almost certainly be like Boeser and come here either at the end of this season or make the team out of camp.  Unless there are some conditioning or other physical issues, Pettersson clearly has the skill to play in the NHL already, and Dahlen appears to be ready or very close now, too.

We will need roster spots, and save some trades happening, that's why I think it will be difficult keeping the Sedins next year.  This is shaping up to be their farewell tour and the final year of the Twinsition(tm), which will make next year VERY different, and exciting.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hmmmm? Dahlen, EP and Gaudette all finish the season in Vancouver. I guess with all the TDL moves there will be room. ::D Go into the 2018 Draft with at least 2 1st Rounders and 2 2nd Rounders and I will be happy. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yeah, the real limits are roster-based, such as if the Sedins return for another year.  Gaudette will almost certainly be like Boeser and come here either at the end of this season or make the team out of camp.  Unless there are some conditioning or other physical issues, Pettersson clearly has the skill to play in the NHL already, and Dahlen appears to be ready or very close now, too.

We will need roster spots, and save some trades happening, that's why I think it will be difficult keeping the Sedins next year.  This is shaping up to be their farewell tour and the final year of the Twinsition(tm), which will make next year VERY different, and exciting.

Agreed...the only way I see the Sedins coming back is if we make the playoffs this year and they are a relevant reason why we made it...and I don't see that happening.

If we make the playoffs it will be more because the Sedins find some way to contribute with 10 min./game ice time or everybody else gels nicely and if they are only getting 10 minutes by the time the season ends...they won't be back.

Dahlen and Goldy both should have a real shot at a roster spot as well...

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser        This line needs to gel a bit but I think Baer is going to do alright on it.

Dahlen - Pettersson - Goldy       This line should score at will.....

Granlund - Gaudette- Virtanen     This line should check and score

Rodin - Sutter - Dorsett                  This line will take the puck away from the other team and make them cry....

Gaunce or MacEwen ....if Eriksson is still here we have to shave off Goldy or Granny or Gaunce as well.....

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Agreed...the only way I see the Sedins coming back is if we make the playoffs this year and they are a relevant reason why we made it...and I don't see that happening.

If we make the playoffs it will be more because the Sedins find some way to contribute with 10 min./game ice time or everybody else gels nicely and if they are only getting 10 minutes by the time the season ends...they won't be back.

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser        This line needs to gel a bit but I think Baer is going to do alright on it.

Rodin - Sutter - Dorsett                  This line will take the puck away from the other team and make them cry....

Gaunce or MacEwen ....if Eriksson is still here we have to shave off Goldy or Granny or Gaunce as well.....

That is the softest 2nd line and would get destroyed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Hmmmm? Dahlen, EP and Gaudette all finish the season in Vancouver. I guess with all the TDL moves there will be room. ::D Go into the 2018 Draft with at least 2 1st Rounders and 2 2nd Rounders and I will be happy. 

The Canucks desperately need to sell hope, or the won’t be selling tickets.

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I am going to roll the dice and say Kole Lind shocks everyone and makes the team. :rolleyes: