The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

34 minutes ago, khay said:

Looking back, 2014 draft could have been one of those legendary drafts for the Canucks like the 79 draft for the Oilers when they picked Messier, Lowe, and Anderson. We had all the right picks to draft the star players. I bet if we re-do that draft with current scouting team rather than the one that JB inherited from Gillis, we come out of that draft with Ehlers, Pastrnak, Demko, Tryamkin, and Forsling.

2 first line players, starting goalie, top 4 and top 6 defenceman in one draft. Would have been the best draft in the history of Vancouver. Only draft that comes somewhat close is 2004, Schneider, Edler, and Hansen. Starter, top 2/3 defenceman, and best third liner in the league at one point.

In light of the players we drafted and traded for, imagine if we had Ehlers and Pastrnak:

Ehlers-Pettersson-Boeser

Dahlen-Horvat-Pastrnak

Gadjovich-Gaudette-Lind

That's Stanley cup winning top 9 forwards.

Switch Virtanen in for Ehlers, and then the team has more balance. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe this might sound like blasphemy... but if Pettersson comes up to the NHL... maybe have him centre a line with Horvat on the wing? :ph34r:

Horvat has a good combination of both size, speed and puck handling ability.... let him be a "Bo" in a china shop, Boeser with the snipes and Pettersson with the set-ups.  

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

Did they take away a point for EP? I kept reading 50 points in 40 games. Now I am seeing 49 in 40 on hockeydb and eliteprospects. Am I missing something?

EP actually has 51 points in 41 games, he scored in his last game. 

Edited by taskicon

8 hours ago, appleboy said:

He is still 19 , I think. We will not really know what we have until he is in his early twenties. I hope he is just a solid D man. I don't care about offense from him. The hardest thing to find is the guy who can play 25 minutes. Tanev makes us better.

Does Tanev play for us?  I thought mostly he was just hurt. Last year he played 53 games, if we are lucky, he might get that many again this year - that is if we count all of the games when he is subpar because he if playing hurt and thus less effective.  Staying healthy is a skill, and Tanev does not have it - it s not merely a matter of chance that some players are hurt so much and others not.  Injury is more attached to the way players play and train.  Players that are injured a lot tend to keep getting injured until they breakdown entirely and can no longer play the game.  The time to move Tanev is before that happens, and with the way he keeps getting hurt, I’d say we have a closing wi where his value in trade diminishes with each new injury.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Does Tanev play for us?  I thought mostly he was just hurt. Last year he played 53 games, if we are lucky, he might get that many again this year - that is if we count all of the games when he is subpar because he if playing hurt and thus less effective.  Staying healthy is a skill, and Tanev does not have it - it s not merely a matter of chance that some players are hurt so much and others not.  Injury is more attached to the way players play and train.  Players that are injured a lot tend to keep getting injured until they breakdown entirely and can no longer play the game.  The time to move Tanev is before that happens, and with the way he keeps getting hurt, I’d say we have a closing wi where his value in trade diminishes with each new injury.

... and unfortunately Ray,.  The window of opportunity to capitalize on Tanev’s worth is now closing. 

Hard to say what the worth is of a player, who only plays around 60% a season.. almost consistently.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

... and unfortunately Ray,.  The window of opportunity to capitalize on Tanev’s worth is now closing. 

Hard to say what the worth is of a player, who only plays around 60% a season.. almost consistently.

Yeah, a year ago Tanev was probably worth a mid to high first and a prospect.  Now, who knows?

5 hours ago, taskicon said:

EP actually has 51 points in 41 games, he scored in his last game. 

How come its not updated on any site? Hockeydb is normally very quick with it. 

Edited by RRypien37
nvm looks like elite prospect site has it updated correctly now

Game in 2 hours @Frölunda

Fun facts :

Växjö won all 3 games Vs Frölunda so far this season (3-1) (7-3) (5-2)

It was in the second match Vs Frölunda EP had one of his best individual performances puttning up 5pts (3G 2A)

Växjö has won 8 of The last 9 games 

Frölunda had 4 consecutive wins before last Game which was lost in overtime (4-5 Vs HV71)   

Pettersson needs 3 more points in the last 3 games to tie MR Magic (Kent Nilsson) for the best U20 season Ever in the SEL/SHL

Edited by ForzaTikare
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Game in 2 hours @Frölunda

Fun facts :

Växjö won all 3 games Vs Frölunda so far this season (3-1) (7-3) (5-2)

It was in the second match Vs Frölunda EP had one of his best individual performances puttning up 5pts (3G 2A)

Växjö has won 8 of The last 9 games 

Frölunda had 4 consecutive wins before last Game which was lost in overtime (4-5 Vs HV71)   

Pettersson needs 3 more points in the last 3 games to tie MR Magic (Kent Nilsson) for the best U20 season Ever in the SEL/SHL

Cody Glass?

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Cody Glass?

You men that guy with 1,59PPG in a junior League that i heard somewhere its 4 Times easier to score than the SHL where the stud EP got 1,24PPG? :lol:

Edited by ForzaTikare

6 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

So 3 games left in the season, I think his MVP odds are looking pretty good right now.  Tied for first in points but has played 6 less games than the guy he is tied with, 3rd in goals and is a plus 23 on the best team in the league.  Not exactly sure how the mvp voting works in the SHL though 

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league.php?season=2017&leagueid=SHL&pos=&leagueteam=&teamname=&nation=&nationname=&age=&prospects=&order=TP

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guldhjälmen

Link in english about "guldhjälmen" (the golden helmet) which is SHLs MVP award, similar to The Ted Lindsay award

5 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Any buds out there willing to help a guy find a link for today’s game?  

I have a Europe hockey package...using my Germany address/account.  Not sure what options are in Canada but as far as an update, Frolunda scored first against run of play - Lakers down early 1-0.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I have a Europe hockey package...using my Germany address/account.  Not sure what options are in Canada but as far as an update, Frolunda scored first against run of play - Lakers down early 1-0.  

2 to 0 frolunda