The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I remember Loob being just a little guy too, but very skilled and fast, from what I remember. Best NHL season he had 106 points (50 goals) in 80 games for CGY in 87/88. Won a Cup with them, but only played 6 NHL seasons. 

I think Pettersson will have a better NHL career. :)

2 minutes ago, Isam said:

Oh Nilsson. Didn't that gretzky fella say that Nilsson was the most skilled hockey player he ever played with. 

He was on TSN's top 10 most skilled NHL players of all-time that was made a while back too.

18 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

With full sound (just to enjoy the crowd reaction). What a moment!

Man... similar feels to the Bieksa stanchion goal watching and listening to that.

This kid :wub:

• Upvote 2

Man I wish I could just time travel 3 years in the future

To be able to watch a 26 year old Horvat lead Boeser, Pettersson, Gaudette plus our first from this year, not to mention the likes of Lind etc etc.

There is going to be a very wide window to win this cup, not like when we only had 3-4 years from 2009 on 

2 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

To be able to watch a 26 year old Horvat lead Boeser, Pettersson, Gaudette plus our first from this year, not to mention the likes of Lind etc etc.

There is going to be a very wide window to win this cup, not like when we only had 3-4 years from 2009 on 

Biggest challenge will probably be planning for the cap!

• Upvote 1

I’m probably in the minority here but I think we need to pump the brakes on expectations with this kid.  He looks great and and has had a great year but I am holding off on getting too excited. Kid has a ways to go.  Just my 2 cents. 

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, rekker said:

I just got the shivers. Congrats young man. Props to JB and staff. Would of been so less controversial to take Glass. Can we trust in the scouting staff already?

I'm pretty sure Gradin and Lindgren pushed JB in his direction. The most interesting comment from Gradin was very early in the season when he said that both EP and Jonny Dahlen were ready to play in the NHL.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

I'm super stoked for these prospects as well, but the window is pretty hard to see through with our current defensive prospects. 

27 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

He has to make the team next year. Canucks fans need this. 

He is a shoe in to be in the NHL next year. Would be a massive disappointment if he didn't make it with this type of success in the SHL. Many other players have translated to the NHL with less success than this, so his expectations now are to be on the opening day roster for sure