The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Rush17 said:

On a person perhaps. They will look great in his display cabinet to go with all his future hardware though lol

Maybe. But he will need room for all the Stanley cups he is gonna win. Lol

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Keep him down as long as possible, until he requires waivers.  Then we can #savesumcash and not have to re-sign him for big bucks, so we can have cap space to sign UFAs... er, to have cap space.  Of course, that's all in the faint hope he actually signs with the Canucks instead of sitting out and re-entering the draft.  He probably wants to play for Detroit anyway.  Oh well.

#fire everyone. #we are doomed. Ahhhhhhhh

• Haha 2

I hope Pettersson goes to the world championships. I'd love to have another reason to watch.  Pettersson, Horvat, possibly Juolevi, and then Nilsson who is probably going to be a bench warmer lol

Edited by Rush17
  • Upvote 1

I think Jim needs to hold a press conference talking about the success of Pettersson and his plans for him next season and his hopes for what he will accomplish at the world's. Lol.

C'mon that season deserves a press conference. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

He sits atop a very impressive list of players

Notice the +40 and 1.32 PPG

DbZKq9BWkAIGskL.jpg

Pettersson plays with a lot of heart and brings a very good defensive game to the table and strong effort on defense tends to go unnoticed due to his great offensive abilities but won't go unnoticed by coach Green.

I really credit this young kids overall effort at being a great team player playing very hard all over the ice and going into traffic risking physical contact.

To me it's all these attributes that make this kid unreal not just his dynamic offensive abilities.

• Upvote 2

Congrats to EP for a dominant season in the SHL on the big ice surface. Sounds like he is going to Denmark next month, which will have some good competition. 

As a personal wish though I would have preferred him come to NA to get in some Utica Playoff games, even if they get bounced in the 1st round. It re unites him with Dahlen, gives our AHL fans something awesome to see and gives EP a taste of pro level hockey on the smaller NA ice surface. To add to that it would give him a longer off season to rest/train and hopefully add in theory 10lbs of muscle, but because of his build I think 5lbs of muscle by training camp would be as much as we could expect. EP wont fill out a lot but here is hoping he can with good nutrition/workout program going forward.

The World's games will be televised though will they not? So we should get to see him play against men next month, which would be nice!

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm trying to imagine what CDC would have been like had the Canucks listened to the majority here on draft day and picked Glass or Vilardi instead of Pettersson:

"Why didn't our idiot GM take Pettersson even though most of us didn't want him?"

Would have been one of the most hilarious turnabouts ever. Thankfully, we don't live in a world where that happened. He might actually be OP.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1