The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

had the same thought exactly, it kind of explains a lot of what he's doing. Sure he's light but thats not a weak person there, just no frickin' body fat. 

Some kids at 19 look like kids still, he does not (other than his 12 year old face with stick on peach fuzz).

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

Doesn't look weak at all.

No, he doesn’t. He needs to gain a little weight, but I think it would be a mistake for that to happen to fast. I think if he can show up in camp around 172 to 175 lbs range, he’s probably pretty good to to. I think he’s always going to be lanky, optimal playing weight, probably med 180’s.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

No, he doesn’t. He needs to gain a little weight, but I think it would be a mistake for that to happen to fast. I think if he can show up in camp around 172 to 175 lbs range, he’s probably pretty good to to. I think he’s always going to be lanky, optimal playing weight, probably med 180’s.

175-180 lbs sounds about right. Though I'm not worried if he doesn't.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you Swedes are nutty :P 

many of the draft predictions had Elias at 9 or 10, I feel very lucky we got him at 5! 

some more "nuttiness" for you!

Here is all the gold paintings in SHL since Sportbladet started painting in 2001

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/shl/article18754502.ab

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm all for the hype, on the hype train, I'm pumped for him to come to the NHL, but let's not kid ourselves, though it is a very good league, the SHL is a long way from the NHL.  

The SHL is also a long way from a kids league...and yet EP makes it look like he is taking candy from a baby playing with these guys...

Next year he will taking candy from preteens...he still gets the candy...!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

Hes probably going to Worlds. If not though, he probably shuts down for the year. 44 regular season games 14 playoff games 7 WJC games and 11 CHL games. Thats a lot of hockey in one season considering all his travel, his illness back in january, and how much he has been taret in the 2nd half of te season

He's young he doesn't want to shut down.

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

What a season and talk about turning up for the playoffs....

Man oh man... the exploits of EP has made most of us totally forget about, what was otherwise an ordinary season at best. 

Thank you so much JB for making this pick. EP is going to revolutionise this franchise. Book it... He has got Patrick Kane written all over him except the duchesses.

The future is so bright it hurts.... Its going to be a really fun ride. Enjoy...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

If Elias is going to the world championships camp. Would he sign his ELC before or does it not matter.  

I'm glad he won in Sweden. Hopefully that makes him feel he's ready for the next chapter here in Vancouver.

37 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you Swedes are nutty :P 

many of the draft predictions had Elias at 9 or 10, I feel very lucky we got him at 5! 

It just goes to show how hard it is to predict the future of these kids....

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

If Elias is going to the world championships camp. Would he sign his ELC before or does it not matter.  

I'm glad he won in Sweden. Hopefully that makes him feel he's ready for the next chapter here in Vancouver.

If I’m Jim I’ll sign him after. He’s in a groove, no rush to give him the contract now.