The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Boeser is getting the respect he deserves from the NHL...named a finalist for the Calder trophy even though he missed a quarter of the season....and the guy said he thought he would be in a virtual tie with Barzal if he had not been injured.

With EP coming in next year and challenging for the Calder...

That is the start of something this town has never seen before....it is going to be something to behold indeed....!

Don't forget Olli. He might surprise too

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

If it's confirmed that he is going to prospects camp I might just have to swing over to the island - assuming it's in Shawnigan Lake again. V.I. is always lovely in July. 

I'm NOT an EP stalker though. Just wanna make that clear. 

Prospects camp was held at UBC last year.

7 hours ago, cory40 said:

He's young he doesn't want to shut down.

Yeah but that doesnt mean he wouldnt. Dahlin turned down an invite to worlds and opted to shut down instead. Doing whats best for your long term development isnt always about doing whatever you want to do right now. 

More

For some perspective:

In his D+2 season, Jonathan Dahlen put up 44 pts in 44 games for Timra this yr (16 more points than 2nd best teammate).

This is considered a good season.

Elias Pettersson scored 41 points in 43 games playing for Timra IN HIS DRAFT YEAR.

#Canucks

10 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Rebuilds ...and just overall team performance improvement...are not linear...ever...!

These days there are always 2 or 3 teams ...at least...who make HUGE jumps in the standings...I don't need to list them, they are everywhere this year.

We will be one of those teams next year....we were a playoff team in Dec.,....we played great the last 8-9 games of the season...we have MANY good players coming in or coming into there own (JV and Goldy, etc.)

This talk of "it will be 5-7 years before we are relevant "....or even "it will be 3 years for sure"...is just plain laughable....open your eyes and watch these guys terrorize...

Like taking candy from a baby...like EP's last goal of the playoffs...!

Just Watch...!

I kina see your point, And I agree this team looked really good when healthy

• Cheers 1