The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

12 hours ago, Time Lord said:

But Kessel had 15 points in 15 games with Boston, 6 points in 7 games with Toronto, and 50 in 56 with Pittsburgh. I'd say he's been a dominant playoff performer wherever he's played. His performance for the Pens was almost Conn Smythe worthy, both years.

Kessel doesn’t get those 15 pt’s in a primary role.  His line was taking on the secondary and tertiary lines with Malkin and Crosby taking the tough minutes. 

That was my point about Nylander. He is not a primary guy. But if the right cast is in front of him, he is capable of being a Kessel. 

EP looking good so far against Nikita Tryamkin and the Russian squad

No points yet through two, but he's playing on a line with Adrian Kempe and Mikael Backlund who are looking real good so it's only a matter of time B)

Seems like Gronberg is deploying him in the slot on the PP, and not in his regular spot on the top of the circle

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I also remain of the opinion this would be a GREAT youth possibly 3rd line;

Jake - Gaudette - Pettersson

Jake in particular, but all 3 are very fast. Jake could get in on the for-echeck, dig out pucks. Gaudette & Pettersson both are expert at hounding passing lanes. With Sutter and Bo each pivoting against top match ups, Bo's line with Boeser the top opposing match up pair, this would be a very sheltered 3rd line. They could run around crazy like Pitt's 3rd line.

This team will be loaded with young forwards in the coming years. Adding a few solid guys that can deter the meatheads of the league would be a very high priority this off season. 

10 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I made a point of saying I wouldn't give up Tanev unless their 1st was coming back.

Getting another first would be a must. Gotta think that we would be better off getting picks and prospects or younger players for Tanev. If this was the only deal on the table... might just hold on to Tanev. Still go out and sign another d man and left wing. 

Tanev’s value could go up if he had some support making it less likely to get injured. Then trade him later. 

36 minutes ago, GrizzlyAdams said:

EP looking good so far against Nikita Tryamkin and the Russian squad

No points yet through two, but he's playing on a line with Adrian Kempe and Mikael Backlund who are looking real good so it's only a matter of time B)

Seems like Gronberg is deploying him in the slot on the PP, and not in his regular spot on the top of the circle

His line was out there for one Sweden goal.  

That said head head he’s not getting much ice time, Lias Anderson getting more ice time.

13 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Getting another first would be a must. Gotta think that we would be better off getting picks and prospects or younger players for Tanev. If this was the only deal on the table... might just hold on to Tanev. Still go out and sign another d man and left wing. 

Tanev’s value could go up if he had some support making it less likely to get injured. Then trade him later. 

Tanev's future could be factored into who Benning anticipates drafting in June. If he sees a clear path to his primary choice Tanev might be retained simply to solidify the d-core. We don't know what is cooking. Tanev might have more value at the TDL next spring. Personally I would like to move him now if possible.  

On 4/26/2018 at 3:45 PM, Alflives said:

It’s those soft wingers jobs to slow down the other team.  WN is soft on and off pucks, or that was what the radio guys on 1050 were saying.  DeBrusk was often up against WN, and he dominated.  I think they might be the same age.  WN puts up way more regular season points, but look at the difference in how each guy effects the playoff games.  I see Pettersson as sup hyper competitive.  He’s going to be a beauty for us.  

I think I could be wrong, But wasn't Debrusk drafted when Boston had 3 picks in a row? 13-141-15 or something? At the time People were shocked at the picks. If he was one of them, all I can say is what a good find if they went off the board. Yup 14th he had 17 goals and 47 points. He was picked ahead of Barzel Brock Conner Samsanov to name a few. The weirdest thing. The guys picked before and after him, by Boston, Both missed the entire season. Imagine having Barz Debrusk and Brock?

Regardless they seem to have found the typical Bruin in hi. And TBH after seeing how proud his Pa is I'm really happy for him. That being said the Laughs f up. they lost their 3rd man centre in bozack. They lost JVR. Plus they have enough money to maybe sign a 3-4 defenseman. Certainly not a top 2.

For anyone that wanted Dermott no thanks, he was terrible his pinches were horrible. As for Gardiner.Sure 50 points are nice, and if we had him with a guy like Tanev he might be able to cover for the numerous bonehead mistakes he makes. One of the analysts said he may not be on the ice for all the goals he causes. but given how many times he has made an ill-advised

play then switched lines he is to blame for some of those goals as well. 

He may get 50 points. But how many is he responsible for?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Seems as though yet again our boy is getting shafted. Looks as though he's just not going to get much of a sniff playing in tournament play for his country.

All the more reason to come over to Canada Utica.

Marlies are going down tomorrow, the cup run continues B)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bp79 said:

I think I could be wrong, But wasn't Debrusk drafted when Boston had 3 picks in a row? 13-141-15 or something? At the time People were shocked at the picks. If he was one of them, all I can say is what a good find if they went off the board. Yup 14th he had 17 goals and 47 points. He was picked ahead of Barzel Brock Conner Samsanov to name a few. The weirdest thing. The guys picked before and after him, by Boston, Both missed the entire season. Imagine having Barz Debrusk and Brock?

Regardless they seem to have found the typical Bruin in hi. And TBH after seeing how proud his Pa is I'm really happy for him. That being said the Laughs f up. they lost their 3rd man centre in bozack. They lost JVR. Plus they have enough money to maybe sign a 3-4 defenseman. Certainly not a top 2.

For anyone that wanted Dermott no thanks, he was terrible his pinches were horrible. As for Gardiner.Sure 50 points are nice, and if we had him with a guy like Tanev he might be able to cover for the numerous bonehead mistakes he makes. One of the analysts said he may not be on the ice for all the goals he causes. but given how many times he has made an ill-advised

play then switched lines he is to blame for some of those goals as well. 

He may get 50 points. But how many is he responsible for?

Just listening to Ed Willis on 650.  He’s covering the Comets v Marlies series.  He said the TO top D prospect, Liljegren, looks horrible at the AHL level.  

The Leafs have a huge propaganda machine promoting how wonderful their entire system is from Lou at the top to their youngest prospects.  I trust Ed Willis, who is actually watching the games, opinion more.  Liljegren is a bust, and that makes me happy. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Tanev's future could be factored into who Benning anticipates drafting in June. If he sees a clear path to his primary choice Tanev might be retained simply to solidify the d-core. We don't know what is cooking. Tanev might have more value at the TDL next spring. Personally I would like to move him now if possible.  

Just curious why you would move an asset after his 2 worst injury plagues seasons"?: Without him our rigfht side is Guddy 9servicable also a little  slow) Stecher (big heart whi\o  scored one goal in an offensive  role.) Who is 3rd Pouiliot? on his off side?

I hear this arguekj\mwent oh trade Tanev for a pick and a prospect. What are the chances either ever become as good as Tanev? 

I've heard let's get Carlson so we can trade Tanev. So 2 steps forward one step back? Why not get Carlson, and have Tanev Him and Guddy on the right As for the left Edler  OJ Zotto Pouliot

Stecher as the 7th. 

If we're lucky enough to draft Dahlin awesome. But that 6 d is a top 12 D easy. Why the fascination to trade Tanev for some unproven rookie? You don't trade your best shut down guy when you are 26 in GAA Plus him and OJ who are both so high in hockey IQ could be a really good shut down pair that can put up [points thanks to OJ.  

The only way I trade Tan man is  in a package for OEL or EK

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Just listening to Ed Willis on 650.  He’s covering the Comets v Marlies series.  He said the TO top D prospect, Liljegren, looks horrible at the AHL level.  

The Leafs have a huge propaganda machine promoting how wonderful their entire system is from Lou at the top to their youngest prospects.  I trust Ed Willis, who is actually watching the games, opinion more.  Liljegren is a bust, and that makes me happy. 

I can't stand Lily. Everyone but you and me seem to have a huge boner for him, If he was this wunderkind who only dropped cuz of mono and was supposed to go 3rd, well it is not very often a 3rd overall d from Sweden doesn't make the jump right away unless they are small.Plain and simple his hockey IQ was exposed in Sweden once he played in the SHL you know the same league EP40 just destroyed. sorry, couldn't resist.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bp79 said:

I can't stand Lily. Everyone but you and me seem to have a huge boner for him, If he was this wunderkind who only dropped cuz of mono and was supposed to go 3rd, well it is not very often a 3rd overall d from Sweden doesn't make the jump right away unless they are small.Plain and simple his hockey IQ was exposed in Sweden once he played in the SHL you know the same league EP40 just destroyed. sorry, couldn't resist.

Count me in.  Liljegren is the mos overrated prospect on hfboards.  Other fan bases are calling the bluff on them on how hard laffs fans are selling people on how great he is, and how he has the record for most points as a 18 year old in that league. Wtf, he has 1 goal all season  came from the first game p, and that’s it.  

Overrated from the wjc, overrated today.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

I agree if and i personally am against trading a known elite asset for the chance to appease or fan base with a shiny new 1st round pick. But at least let the guy be traded when his value is back up. 

Besides why not add a Carlson and OJ and for once have a  formidable d again. Why are people so hung uo\p on the what ifs? We have a sure thing in his prime, and who knows with the right additions and step forward we might be in that group fighting for a spot. Besides the Knights, the Pacific is wide open.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Count me in.  Liljegren is the mos overrated prospect on hfboards.  Other fan bases are calling the bluff on them on how hard laffs fans are selling people on how great he is, and how he has the record for most points as a 18 year old in that league. Wtf, he has 1 goal all season  came from the first game p, and that’s it.  

Haven't seen him enough to make an opinion about him but from what I recall he had a good WJC tournament.

3 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

I wish I could give you and Alf more than one like. It is so obvious to any fan of D this guy is terrible. FWIW does it not seem that most of the Marlies are good career AHLERS? Not what I would call a farm  system

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

How many U20 dmen typically tear up the AHL?

just curious..

i will admit his year hasn't been amazing by many accounts , but dmen take time and I think he has lots of potential. His trade value should be slightly lower now.

i would still be all over a 1st + Liljegren for Tanev package and if we had to add a little sure.

i think TL will be a solid second pairing PMD and second PP unit guy in a few years time.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Odd. said:

Haven't seen him enough to make an opinion about him but from what I recall he had a good WJC tournament.

I think  3 secondary assists on a  pretty good offensive team. While blowing assignment after assignment. No IQ that guy. I used to be on his bandwagon till i got a chance to see him live last year in Sweden He did not look like his highlight package. CHEERS

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bp79 said:

I think  3 secondary assists on a  pretty good offensive team. While blowing assignment after assignment. No IQ that guy. I used to be on his bandwagon till i got a chance to see him live last year in Sweden He did not look like his highlight package. CHEERS

Yikes, so that makes the Juolevi pick what then?