The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

How many U20 dmen typically tear up the AHL?

just curious..

i will admit his year hasn't been amazing by many accounts , but dmen take time and I think he has lots of potential. His trade value should be slightly lower now.

i would still be all over a 1st + Liljegren for Tanev package and if we had to add a little sure.

i think TL will be a solid second pairing PMD and second PP unit guy in a few years time.

Nobody said tearing it up. He had one goal that came in hu\is first game. He stole ice from vets just based on his name. Plus you could count on at least 2 boneheaded plays and a couple suicidse passes each game. I watched almost every Marlie game, vWas not impressed except for his speed.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Odd. said:

Yikes, so that makes the Juolevi pick what then?

Considering Olli is a big bodied guy, his pick is brilliant.  Little guys either put up points, or they go to Europe.  Olli is a big boy, who is clearly going to be a very good top four NHL dman.

We hit home runs on his pick and Pettersson’s pick.  Two certain future stars fir us.  :towel:

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Yikes, so that makes the Juolevi pick what then?

Oj is such a diff player. 7 goals in 10 games in a very tough Finnish league. Their top team went to the KHL and lit it up. OJ  said records for u20 players in that league. He has been compared to Tanev with 40-59 point potential. so much diff then LILy. OJ is a keeper.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, R3aL said:

How many U20 dmen typically tear up the AHL?

just curious..

i will admit his year hasn't been amazing by many accounts , but dmen take time and I think he has lots of potential. His trade value should be slightly lower now.

i would still be all over a 1st + Liljegren for Tanev package and if we had to add a little sure.

i think TL will be a solid second pairing PMD and second PP unit guy in a few years time.

FYI , the Canucks did not give liljegren an interview last year.

he was in their no draft list.  Low iq player.  Huge pass. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

I remember the no interview - thought that was strange but just figured they thought no way he was in their draft range anyways 

but ya most likely won't be trading for Timothy anyways

52 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

His line was out there for one Sweden goal.  

That said head head he’s not getting much ice time, Lias Anderson getting more ice time.

I only hope its because and rightfully so ep40 is a lock and Liass Anderson needs to show. Other than that there is some serious playing favs going on. If that is the case Gronberg needs to go.

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Considering Olli is a big bodied guy, his pick is brilliant.  Little guys either put up points, or they go to Europe.  Olli is a big boy, who is clearly going to be a very good top four NHL dman.

We hit home runs on his pick and Pettersson’s pick.  Two certain future stars fir us.  :towel:

Oj may not have taken the league by storm. But either did a lot of the greats and he is so young Could have been in London instead he is tearing up the Finnish elite league. For anyone wanting to call it bush, Jokerit moved to the KHL with the  same finnish players and  dominart\ed I think after scoring 7 goals and logging the most minutes in the playoffs for his team leads me to believe that this was the year he  would have so\pent in Utrica and i full expect him to take Hi\uttons place, While Dahlin plays his offside on the left. Wonder if he is left-handed. I shoot right but an\m a lefty and all through growing up I kept getting told how unique that is. Hopefully, he is the same

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Getting another first would be a must. Gotta think that we would be better off getting picks and prospects or younger players for Tanev. If this was the only deal on the table... might just hold on to Tanev. Still go out and sign another d man and left wing. 

Tanev’s value could go up if he had some support making it less likely to get injured. Then trade him later. 

I've really liked the idea of Tanev to the Flyers since the trade deadline and the Playoffs/Gudas exposed why. Tanev for 1st 2018 (STL) + 2nd 2019 + Lehtera would be a great move I think. Although, I could see whoever we pick this year affecting the likelyhood of that. If we pick a right handed defenseman (Boqvist, Bouchard, Dobson) then sure make the trade, but if we pick a left handed defenseman (Dahlin, Hughes, Smith) it might be worth it to hold on to him to make sure they develop properly at the NHL level. Juolevi could also benefit. 

Seems as though Pettersson is getting a chance with good players, but the coach is limiting his minutes. If he can generate a goal, it'll be harder for him to restrict him. 

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Seems as though yet again our boy is getting shafted. Looks as though he's just not going to get much of a sniff playing in tournament play for his country.

All the more reason to come over to Canada.

Sweden is hard headed. And they hate to look wrong. EP has exceeded everything put in front of him. Yet they insist on not giving him a chance. If Sweden loses the fans are going to cry for the hockey ops to be fired.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bp79 said:

I think I could be wrong, But wasn't Debrusk drafted when Boston had 3 picks in a row? 13-141-15 or something? At the time People were shocked at the picks. If he was one of them, all I can say is what a good find if they went off the board. Yup 14th he had 17 goals and 47 points. He was picked ahead of Barzel Brock Conner Samsanov to name a few. The weirdest thing. The guys picked before and after him, by Boston, Both missed the entire season. Imagine having Barz Debrusk and Brock?

Regardless they seem to have found the typical Bruin in hi. And TBH after seeing how proud his Pa is I'm really happy for him. That being said the Laughs f up. they lost their 3rd man centre in bozack. They lost JVR. Plus they have enough money to maybe sign a 3-4 defenseman. Certainly not a top 2.

For anyone that wanted Dermott no thanks, he was terrible his pinches were horrible. As for Gardiner.Sure 50 points are nice, and if we had him with a guy like Tanev he might be able to cover for the numerous bonehead mistakes he makes. One of the analysts said he may not be on the ice for all the goals he causes. but given how many times he has made an ill-advised

play then switched lines he is to blame for some of those goals as well. 

He may get 50 points. But how many is he responsible for?

Hey Alf, I believe you are correct, if I recall the picks were Jakub 

Zboril, DeBrusk, and then Zachary Senyshyn. The Bruins have been taking a lot of heat for those three picks. Considering they passed on Matthew Barzal, Kyle Connor and our own Boeser I am not surprised. Can you imagine if Boston had those 3 in their line-up???

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Swedish fans are piiiiiiiised that pettersson is getting a short leash here omg , they hate gronberg.

Sweden's coach prefers Andersson it seems.

More physically ready I guess?

1st: Tears of joy
2nd: Jump/Standing fist pump
3rd: Aggressive high-five to your neighbour
6th: Smile and nod approvingly
7th: Conciliatory head nod
8th: Grumbling acceptance
9th: Momentary disappointment then acceptance

found this on twitter

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, bp79 said:

If we're lucky enough to draft Dahlin awesome. But that 6 d is a top 12 D easy. Why the fascination to trade Tanev for some unproven rookie? You don't trade your best shut down guy when you are 26 in GAA Plus him and OJ who are both so high in hockey IQ could be a really good shut down pair that can put up [points thanks to OJ.  

The only way I trade Tan man is  in a package for OEL or EK

Indeed, Tanev will NOT be traded for picks.  If he is ever moved, they've even said that they'd want (need) a top-4 type dman in return.

Seems pretty clear that they hope Juolevi is ready and to pair him up with Tanev.  The bottom-4 and bubble dmen are the ones to be moved, save some outrageous offers for Edler or Tanev that they can't say no to.

50 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

This is quite notable, considering that a RHS PPQB, which Liljegren was projected to be, was one of the two positions that JB said were the priorities.

7 minutes ago, cory40 said:

1st: Tears of joy
2nd: Jump/Standing fist pump
3rd: Aggressive high-five to your neighbour
6th: Smile and nod approvingly
7th: Conciliatory head nod
8th: Grumbling acceptance
9th: Momentary disappointment then acceptance that clearly the lottery is rigged and the NHL hates the Canucks

found this on twitter

one last little tweak, otherwise I agree.  The chances of the Canucks picking ninth is very very low.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

one last little tweak, otherwise I agree.  The chances of the Canucks picking ninth is very very low.

If the Lottery is rigged the Canucks pick 3rd. That allows the NHL to say it isn't rigged.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I liked @Sundstrom17's idea of getting Anisimov from Chicago. He would likely come cheap given Chicago's eternal cap struggles and he could play a similar role with Pettersson that Backlund would, just at a lower overall level. I believe his NMC doesn't kick in until July 1st, so we'd have a chance to get him without worrying about that. Jenner out of Columbus would also be a very good but more expensive option. 

13 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Why give up Tanev for a 29 year old? We're a rebuilding club. There are 29 year old 3rd liners available UFA for Anisimov's $4.5 salary without giving up Tanev. Or less, or even PTO's. 

I'd rather stay solid defensively & give centre minutes to Pettersson & Gaudette. Get a good enough return in youth & we can consider a Tanev trade.

Gaunce, Gagner, Granlund & I believe (?) also Motte all can play pivot.   

Yeah I'd be game for Ani but more as a cap dump and not for Tanev.