The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, cory40 said:

I have watched Connor since he has come into the league. He is a great player, And back to back art ross trophy winner. Elias will be better at getting points. And where is Connor when games matter? He was like 10 th in scoring until Edmonton was eliminated from the play-offs, Then he gets points when teams let their foot off the gas. WC hockey where was his leadership? Ferarro said it best describing young players. Do they put up points when the game counts. Elias will be in his own class as he has been in the last three years. he would have been first over all if he was 180 lbs. We can be thank-ful he wasn't. But I doubt McDavid could have done what Elias did in the SHL at 19 against men. McDavid has mailed it in when it counts so far, And in that I am disappointed. But watching McDavid he is closer to a Pavel Bure than a Wayne Gretzky. And Elias is closer to a Wayne Gretzky then a Pavel Bure. Not running either down. You make it sound like McDavid has run away with goal scoring and points. My recolition has him getting lots of points when the games didn't matter. Anyways laugh all you want Elias is coming so McDavid can get one maybe two more Art Ross trophies . And it will be his  last because McDavid has to be at top speed to get points Where as Elias has more all end Talent. And nothing to be ashamed of he is not Canadian, so we havn't seen as much as Elias. So listen to the Swedes. "Elias is coming" and he is still young will get faster.

tenor.gif?itemid=6236275

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Right.  The other issue with McDavid is that he is a money vacuum.  He sucks up so much cap space on the team that between him, Draisatl, and Lucic there is hardly any room for a supporting cast.  Just look at Las Vegas for what you can do when the talent is spread out over four lines.  Take the third or fourth best forward on thirty teams, the third or fourth best D from 30 teams; put them on one team, and you have Las Vegas

The problem there is not what McDavid makes, he is worth it.  There is plenty of cap space left after McDavid and Draisaitl and those two are a great core to build around.  The Lucic contract is the problem.  They had some money to spend on complimentary forwards but gave it all to a declining player that didn't suit the style of their team.  Despite that they still have enough money left to pull together a pretty good team, that just requires better management, they have the hardest things to get in a generational talent and another dynamic top line centre.

Vegas is only an anomaly in that they are a first year expansion team.  About every other year this happens where an okay team that plays a solid team game rides hot goaltending to the finals.  Sometimes, though not usually, they even win.  Hard to build around this as a model.  All teams want to roll four talented lines including the ones led by Crosby+Malkin, Toews+Kane, Ovechkin+Kuznetsov.  It is the teams doing it with the best talent that usually wins.

13 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Your last couple posts pointing out EPs skills were good...but when you start disparaging our two HHOF players I start to tune out as it seems you have a narrative to push... FYI.

I think we’re going to settle into the reality that EP is an elite piece/borderline franchise player (like Backstrom) but not a Swedish Connor McDavid.

The biggest thing I think we’ll see is how underrated Dahlen is as a player...

The two of them together will be magic, even if not on the same line.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nergish said:

I think we’re going to settle into the reality that EP is an elite piece/borderline franchise player (like Backstrom) but not a Swedish Connor McDavid.

I sure hope you are right about Dahlen...HURRY UP DRAFT and letz get summer over with lol.

42 minutes ago, nergish said:

EP is better than Backstrom.....right now....EP has a more complete game already, he is better at shooting by a large margin....he is better at taking pucks away...he is better at reading plays and he is even a better passer.

EP is full on Franchise already and I can see him being more valuable will scoring roughly as many points as McD.,....

It was McD. who lost us the world championships with an own zone giveaway that looked like Gagme doing it....all the while our own Bo almost won the thing anyway.

Hell, Bo might be more valuable than Mcjesus....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

EP is better than Backstrom.....right now....EP has a more complete game already, he is better at shooting by a large margin....he is better at taking pucks away...he is better at reading plays and he is even a better passer.

EP is full on Franchise already and I can see him being more valuable will scoring roughly as many points as McD.,....

It was McD. who lost us the world championships with an own zone giveaway that looked like Gagme doing it....all the while our own Bo almost won the thing anyway.

Hell, Bo might be more valuable than Mcjesus....

tenor.gif?itemid=5589511

I think I may be done with CDC for the summer.  So many absolutely ridiculous posts.  

Elias hasn't stepped foot on NHL ice and you've got people saying hes better than Nicklas Backstrom.  Put down the koolaid.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Right.  The other issue with McDavid is that he is a money vacuum.  He sucks up so much cap space on the team that between him, Draisatl, and Lucic there is hardly any room for a supporting cast.  Just look at Las Vegas for what you can do when the talent is spread out over four lines.  Take the third or fourth best forward on thirty teams, the third or fourth best D from 30 teams; put them on one team, and you have Las Vegas

you mean lose in 5 games to a team that is totally top heavy?

27 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5589511

I think I may be done with CDC for the summer.  So many absolutely ridiculous posts.  

Elias hasn't stepped foot on NHL ice and you've got people saying hes better than Nicklas Backstrom.  Put down the koolaid.

Another guy just said he's a future hall of famer... ridiculous. 

Edited by 73 Percent

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5589511

Sorry to offend your sensibilities.....

oh....and ....Just Watch...!

Come back and tell me I am wrong in 2 years time....so far no-one has posterized me yet...

I was the first to claim that Boeser's shot was as good as Laine's....that was before Boeser every played an NHL game....many called me crazy...anyone left here saying that isn't true?

I called Bo making it and being a top 2 center for us before he ever played a game....that caused a riot and several posters committed suicide....(it seemed that way anyway)

Instead of admitting I was right.

Same thing with Stecher and Hutton (who is better than last year's play) 

The kids these days are awesome, they are well trained and they seem to be ready to go at an earlier stage....the whole league is that way and EP will be leading the vanguard of that movement.

....so go ahead and try to posterize me...see where that gets you....!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Nother guy just said he's a futer hall of famer... rediculous. 

..spell check is your friend...

It's hard to take a sentence seriously with so many errors....

Oh and of course EP will be a future HOF'er  there is little doubt in most peoples minds that he will be better than the Sedins...who are soon to be HOF'ers according to everyone in the know....1

15 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

..spell check is your friend...

It's hard to take a sentence seriously with so many errors....

Oh and of course EP will be a future HOF'er  there is little doubt in most peoples minds that he will be better than the Sedins...who are soon to be HOF'ers according to everyone in the know....1

That was embarrassing lol. The auto correct on my phone has been acting wonky as of late.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Come back and tell me I am wrong in 2 years time....so far no-one has posterized me yet...

I was the first to claim that Boeser's shot was as good as Laine's....that was before Boeser every played an NHL game....many called me crazy...anyone left here saying that isn't true?

I called Bo making it and being a top 2 center for us before he ever played a game....that caused a riot and several posters committed suicide....(it seemed that way anyway)

The kids these days are awesome, they are well trained and they seem to be ready to go at an earlier stage....the whole league is that way and EP will be leading the vanguard of that movement.

What are the lottery numbers for this week? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5250129

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1