The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Nice honour for Elias to take home the EHC's "Young Player of the Year" award.

Especially with this year's strong class of nominees (Dahlin, Heiskanen, Kaprizov, Pettersson, Tolvanen).

There was another Petterson he was competing against?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Nice honour for Elias to take home the EHC's "Young Player of the Year" award.

Especially with this year's strong class of nominees (Dahlin, Heiskanen, Kaprizov, Pettersson, Tolvanen).

I mean those other players had great seasons, but how can you not give it to Pettersson with the records he broke?

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean those other players had great seasons, but how can you not give it to Pettersson with the records he broke?

Yeah, I agree. Definitely Pettersson deserved the win.

Although on their home page, Pettersson was only in 4th place on the fan vote (Dahlin 48%, Tolvanen 23%, Heiskanen 12%, Pettersson 9%, Kaprizov 8%). 

http://www.eurohockeyclubs.com

But obviously their actual jury/committee got the final decision right.

You just never know with awards. I figured Pettersson was a lock for the Guldhjalmen this year but then the players chose Lindström instead.

I think these EHC awards have only been around for a year (and I have no idea how they actually work).

Last year's class wasn't nearly as strong as this year. Nominees for 2017's "Young Player of the Year" were Eriksson Ek, Kaprizov, Kubalík, Lindblom, and Sorokin, with Kaprizov winning the award.

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I doesn't matter.  JB clearly got us BY FAR the best player in last year's draft.  We should be thankful we have such a phenom.  I bet other players will really want to come here to play with EP.  I could see EK signing with us July 2019

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I can't win on this site.

If I'd left Pettersson off that list of nominees, some other smart apple would've chimed in and asked how Elias won an award he wasn't even nominated for. 

::D

Fair enough, SID. Good point. I just figured because you mentioned him in the sentence previous, that the parenthesized list of names would be the collection of losers and has-beens he beat to the mighty chalice of European dominance.

• Upvote 1

that's solid. maybe he comes to camp somewhere close to 190lbs then, which is very good.

More concerned with his strength than weight anyway.

Edited by Odd.

52 minutes ago, Odd. said:

that's solid. maybe he comes to camp somewhere close to 190lbs then, which is very good.

More concerned with his strength than weight anyway.

Let’s not get carried away.  

Considering he is injured and probably not training super hard, I wouldn’t look too far into his weight gains.   

And for a kid that skinny, 15-20 pounds in 3 months is crazy.  Don’t get your hopes up. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Got a legit source for that?

You mean more legit than a three follower Twitter account? 

The only other source I could find for Pettersson being 178 lbs was that same Twitter account 4 days earlier:

I think “confirmed recently” is probably just a reference to the May 25th interview. That’s the one where Elias was initially quoted as saying “177” (lbs) but apparently actually said “77” (kg) on the audio and was misquoted.

EDIT: Either than or Pettersson has gained 8 lbs over the past 3 weeks! Seems like a lot but who knows what “Alien” is actually capable of? He learned unicycle juggling in only one day after all. ;) 

Plus he has been eating at Paris restaurants recently:

I know I found it pretty easy to put on some weight that way. :lol:

Who knows what he weighs now? Maybe he’s 170. Maybe he’s 178. Either way, he’s gonna be fine.

And it’s possible he’s added some weight since the interview. He certainly looked a bit thicker in the pictures from yesterday’s European Hockey Awards:

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Upvote 1

They’re gonna need to add a separate page to his Elite Prospects profile just to accommodate all the awards this kid wins.

Speaking of Pettersson’s Elite Prospects page, somebody should tell them they have the wrong Twitter account for Elias. The “Elias Pettersson” they have actually belongs to @xCodstur, who describes themselves as a “part-time troll.”

• Haha 1