The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, combover said:

LOL That's all you can do when it comes to bennings vancouver days. Hopefully there numbered. 

Ranked worst gm for good reason. 

150lb project taken in the top five. Oh well there's always next years lottery hopefully we have an NHL gm running the team by then.

You're kidding right? A ppg in a men's league at 18

• Upvote 1

Bit disappointed in the pick, as I was hoping for somebody else. Having said that, from what I've read he's got some great skill and a high ceiling. Guess, I'm not terribly disappointed, just have the feeling we may be waiting longer to see him in the bigs. Hopefully it's only a year or so, and not 3-4. Either way, we needed more high end skill in the pipeline. Can't wait to see who else we select and how our prospect pool looks after the weekend.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Well, that's the thing. It seems to be a lot easier for guys with slight frames to make it in the league as wingers than they do as centers. Especially in the west.

Yeah, I agree with you. None of us have a crystal ball and if one of us does...WTF man, come on and share it with the rest of us!

I don't see Pettersson becoming a legit 1st line center in NHL, I think either he may be converted to a wing, or will slot in as our 2nd line C, neither are bad, I'd argue at least a third of players picked that are picked as centers get converted to wing at NHL level.

looks like 4 other gms are as dumb as benning at this point for not drafting vilardi... fire them aswell?????

tbh i wanted glass but the Pettersson history with dahlen is enough that i like the pick.

GCG

welcome to the team i promise to be as patient towards you as i am towards all prospects.!!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Elias is eligible to go to the AHL, but in the video above, Bob Mckenzie said he has actually signed a 1 year deal to stay in Sweden.

@ :16 Gary Bettman: get outta here kid. :lol:

Edited by NHL'er
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mangosteens said:

150lbs? He's a project.

His brother, Emil, was drafted by Nashville in 2013, so maybe he is an indication of how much weight Elias will put on.

Can you provide the source you saw him listed at 150lbs?

4 minutes ago, mangosteens said:

150lbs? He's a project.

His brother, Emil, was drafted by Nashville in 2013, so maybe he is an indication of how much weight Elias will put on.

According to the preds site he's 6 foot 2....162 pounds....