The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Zfetch

On July 17, 2017 at 10:12 AM, missioncanucksfan said:

Take this for what it is until ISS churns out their list in Sept.

Obviously missing a few names such as;

Tkachuk

Evan Bouchard

Some decent skilled defenders to be had tho but damn are they on the small side. Heres to hoping they grow

big no on Tkachuk please. He'll never sign here. 

Plus we need D, with 6/10 top prospects being D it makes sense to pick for need as much as BPA, its probably the same thing anyway if we end up picking in the 5-11 range. 

6 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

big no on Tkachuk please. He'll never sign here. 

Plus we need D, with 6/10 top prospects being D it makes sense to pick for need as much as BPA, its probably the same thing anyway if we end up picking in the 5-11 range. 

How about #14 - JET WOO?  I love his name!  Get him JB!!!

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How about #14 - JET WOO?  I love his name!  Get him JB!!!

anyone but Tkatpuke. His dad hates Vancouver, he's committed to college, and he won't want to play against his bro in the same division. It would be a horrible waste of a pick. 

Too bad we didn't get Cliff Pu... it could have been "Woo to Pu" for the win. 

Straight up 100% onboard the Rasmus Dahlin train. I doubt anything will change my mind. I know the highlights packages cherry pick the best footage, but wow. The kid looks good. 

Can you imagine from the net out in 5 or 6 years if the Canucks get this kid? Matched with whats in the system.

Make me drool

THIS IS THE YEAR PEOPLE, WHEN THE HOCKEY GODS SMILE UPON THIS TEAM COME LOTTERY DAY!

4 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

anyone but Tkatpuke. His dad hates Vancouver, he's committed to college, and he won't want to play against his bro in the same division. It would be a horrible waste of a pick. 

Too bad we didn't get Cliff Pu... it could have been "Woo to Pu" for the win. 

Actually Brady is the rougher of the 2. 

Btw...Keith equally hated Calgary so you can put that theory to rest.

Pettersson 

Tkachuk

Horvat

Scary center line-up for the next 10-12 yrs

But ya.... I'm taking THE best D when it's our turn to pick

On 11/07/2017 at 11:57 PM, Goal:thecup said:

All the 2018 picks (so the lottery can't stop us).

I know, I know, shouldn't gush over these kids, but this one...

Man, oh man.

Wow just wow.... Whoever gets to chose Dahlin will be selecting a surefire superstar... 

11 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Actually Brady is the rougher of the 2. 

Btw...Keith equally hated Calgary so you can put that theory to rest.

Pettersson 

Tkachuk

Horvat

Scary center line-up for the next 10-12 yrs

But ya.... I'm taking THE best D when it's our turn to pick

Keith hates us more. Just think its too risky given the family competition and the college thing, next years pick is too valuable to take the risk on him. He's getting a lot of attention imo in how he's using his size now, against some pretty small opposition. We may also have sufficient grit in Gadjovich and we can always go out and get more in free agency. 

And with actual top pairing D available.... thats pretty tough to bypass, "BPA" or not. 

Svechnikov and Dahlin are still kind of interchangeable I believe. There is a genuine race for the number one spot this year between the two. 

Although I absolutely adore Dahlin, dmen usually are harder to project, however Dahlin does fit our team and would most likely give us our first ever true defensive superstar. 

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Svechnikov is Russian, he may bolt back to the KHL and use it as a leverage when his ELC is up. I really hope we end up with the #1 pick and get Dahlin as Swedish players usually works out well with Vancouver and we have a strong Swedish personnel in the organization to help him adjust.

The top 2 seem consensus locks 

picks three # to 6 is where we should be keeping a close eye as our most likely pick is in this range with our luck.

D would be the more pressing need  and this draft seems to loaded with generational + blue chip 1 an 2 pairing prospects.

If the team lucked out An slipped to the number one pick the consensus would be  Dahlin he is the true gem of this draft.

This will be the thread that gets me through this upcoming season.  I loved checking the top prospects profiles and imagining who might be available at our pick last year.  Especially with a potentially really deep draft.

Hey everyone! I have been a reader of these threads for several years now but am a first time poster. The Andrei Svechnikov signing with the Barrie Colts has been made official. I am originally from Vancouver, but am now living about 30 minutes south of Barrie, Ontario. I normally get out to quite a few Colts games every year, and now Svechnikov certainly provides more reason to buy tickets! I'll be sure to comment on his play whenever I see him and I look forward to finally contributing to these boards! Cheers.

Archived