The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Zfetch

5 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Have a sneaky feeling we'll end up with Ryan Merkley out of this draft. I'd be more than happy with that. 

Knowing the Canuck luck of even if we finish last we'll miss out on Dahlin and Svechnikov. I will agree with you on Merkley. I think Merkley locks in a top 5 spot and we snag him with our pick around 3-5. I mean Merkley or Boqvist would be fantastic additions.

Veleno and Tkachuk will go high and be very tempting, but I hope JB stays on course and picks some defencemen because we neglected the D in 2017 and are wearing thin again on the blueline. Veleno with elite status would be a very tempting big playmaking top line center, pushing Pettersson and Dahlen to the wings and Horvat at 2C and Sutter at 3C but if Dahlin's available, we take him.

Tkachuk would fill out our top-6 nicely too, but again we can't not-take one of these top defencemen.

Lets hope JB has some sort of a plan to nab us another top-10 pick. We're almost guaranteed a top-5 pick again this draft anyway.

6 hours ago, canucklehead80 said:

How's the centre depth look for 2018? Is Veleno the top guy heading into the season? Tkachuk? Is there much past these guys?

Ryan McLeod (brother of Michael McLeod) of the Mississauga Steelheads and Oliver Wahlstrom in the USHL are other top centres for next year.  

On 1.7.2017 at 2:38 AM, 73 Percent said:

Just watched my first dalhin highlights. Are you kidding me??

crazy thing is he is alreay playing in the top league in Sweden, the SHL with one of the top teams, Frölunda. He really killed it even in the playoffs last season with some highlight reel goals. This kid is truly unbelievable. .. 

8 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

crazy thing is he is alreay playing in the top league in Sweden, the SHL with one of the top teams, Frölunda. He really killed it even in the playoffs last season with some highlight reel goals. This kid is truly unbelievable. .. 

LMAO no way. I actually though those were just like a junior Sweden league highlights. I'm all in for him now. Bring on the disappointment!

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

Really hope we get Dahlin. 

Juolevi - Dahlin just sounds perfect. 

There is a catastrophically low-no chance we end up with the 1st or 2nd overall pick to get one of Dahlin / Svesnikov. 

The names you should be getting familiar with are Ryan Merkley, Adam Boqvist, Quinton Hughes, Bode Wilde, Evan Bouchard, & Jett Woo. 

All of those guys are in the Canucks wheel-house & we just have to watch over the next 11months to see who pushes to the top of the pack. Then get excited to get one of them. 

57 minutes ago, sharbinder said:

There is a catastrophically low-no chance we end up with the 1st or 2nd overall pick to get one of Dahlin / Svesnikov. 

The names you should be getting familiar with are Ryan Merkley, Adam Boqvist, Quinton Hughes, Bode Wilde, Evan Bouchard, & Jett Woo. 

All of those guys are in the Canucks wheel-house & we just have to watch over the next 11months to see who pushes to the top of the pack. Then get excited to get one of them. 

Ryan Merkley looks really, really good. I know it's early, but if we end up with him, I'd be pretty happy.

On 2017-06-30 at 6:37 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Veleno and Tkachuk will go high and be very tempting, but I hope JB stays on course and picks some defencemen because we neglected the D in 2017 and are wearing thin again on the blueline. Veleno with elite status would be a very tempting big playmaking top line center, pushing Pettersson and Dahlen to the wings and Horvat at 2C and Sutter at 3C but if Dahlin's available, we take him.

I haven't seen much of him other than highlights, but how good is Veleno right now? I know that he was a star when he was much younger, but is he still considered a star? I love the fact that he's Canadian, but from what I've seen of him, he doesn't seem to be dominant.

I've been watching all the highlights I could find of both Dahlin and Boqvist and the one thing that really stands out for me about Dahlin is how physical a defenseman he is. As much as I enjoy Boqvist he is defiantly not in the same class as Dahlin. Decent consolation prize but oh man if we land 1st overall next year I will be a very happy happy man!

Archived