The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Penguins Acquire Reaves

Noble 6

14 minutes ago, Rocky Balboa said:

Wait.  Did a knuckle dragger just get traded for a 1st?

What is this, 1998?

Looks like the league champs value toughness and having a safe playing environment. Go figure??

Just now, RRypien37 said:

Looks like the league champs value toughness and having a safe playing environment. Go figure??

I agree with you Ryp, you can throw Reaves on the 4th line and he doesnt hurt the team.  i was hoping the canucks could pry him out of St Louis.  Having a guy like him and Gudbranson in the lineup can pretty much deter a lot of teams from doing stupid stuff against the younger players that will be transitioning into the lineup.

8 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I agree with you Ryp, you can throw Reaves on the 4th line and he doesnt hurt the team.  i was hoping the canucks could pry him out of St Louis.  Having a guy like him and Gudbranson in the lineup can pretty much deter a lot of teams from doing stupid stuff against the younger players that will be transitioning into the lineup.

Need to temper expectations with this team. And by temper I mean having none at all because it's always a huge let down and disappointment in anything they are involved in. 

10 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Reaves >>> Peluso.

Reaves can play a regular shift and isn't a liability. One of the few pure fighters who has that ability. He happens to be the best fighter currently employed in the show too. Solid pick up for the Pens. 

in terms of hitting they are equal they both hit to hurt. Fighting head to head they are even with a slight edge to Peluso. 

He can also skate well for his size and can put up Reaves number if healthy.

Younger, bigger, meaner and cheaper and you dont have to give up a late first for him. Klim Kostin for Reaves ouch.

Peluso 5 points in 35 games

Reaves 13 points in 81 games

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

in terms of hitting they are equal they both hit to hurt. Fighting head to head they are even with a slight edge to Peluso. 

He can also skate well for his size and can put up Reaves number if healthy.

Younger, bigger, meaner and cheaper and you dont have to give up a late first for him. Klim Kostin for Reaves ouch.

Peluso 5 points in 35 games

Reaves 13 points in 81 games

Lol not even close.

Reaves is the undisputed heavy weight champ right now. 

Peluso meanwhile managed 2 points in 20 odd games this season in the AHL.

If Peluso was capable of playing a regular shift in the show he wouldn't have spent the year in the minors. 

Don't get me wrong Peluso is a very tough legit heavy but Reaves is clearly on another level.

18 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

They said that 2 years ago. Reaves CAN play a regular shift. There are a few like this, and they will remain. 

I rather have a skilled guy on my team instead of Reaves.

Him playing 5-10 minutes on a 4th line won't deter anyone from taking a run at Sidney.

What did Cooke, Engelland, Asham, Ruff do when Crosby got concussed in 2010-11?

Rutherford Ruthefording.  Not a very good GM.  Being at the wheel while a team wins doesn't necessarily make that GM a genius. 

Dealt a hand he couldn't lose with, otherwise, has been massively over-rated that past few years.

I like Reaves - hits everyone in his path, good underlying numbers (virtually no ozone starts), plays hard, responsible defensive player - but paying this price for a guy that plays 8 minutes and change?  

Archived