The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

if you were drafted which city would you hope drafted you?

Being drafted by ANY team is an honour but when it happens, it isn't about the big league city as much as their farm system and they support mechanisms to work you towards your NHL dream.   The draft process is nerve wracking for anyone not a lock first rounder and the uncertainty of what it all means far from normal as you either go back to junior (or your European team etc.) but want to keep ties to the team that drafted you.    

1. Vancouver Canucks

2. New York Rangers

3. Washington Capitals

4. San Jose Sharks

5. Minnesota Wild

6. Dallas Stars

7. Ottawa Senators

8. Montreal Canadiens

9. Philadelphia Flyers

10. Colorado Avalanche

Would absolutely hate to play for Boston, LA, NY Islanders, Edmonton, Calgary, Arizona, Buffalo, Winnipeg, or Florida.

Depends on what position I played.

For example, if I were a playmaking center with top 6 potential, I would be stoked to play in Vancouver, as I could virtually be guaranteed that they would do whatever it takes to help me meet my potential.

I wouldn't want to be drafted to a team that already had a loaded pool of players that played my position, or had players that played a similar game to myself. More competition and a lesser chance of making it.

On 2017-6-23 at 9:52 PM, -AJ- said:

How could the answer be anything but Vancouver?

Guys like Joe Sakic are on record as saying they'd never consider playing in a Canadian market, especially Vancouver in Joe's case, because of all the media distraction.

It's a much better lifestyle playing in Anaheim or something, going to play your game, making your money and then not being stopped at every restaurant you go to for a soundbite.

Toronto just so I could pull a Lindros/Elway/Francis and demand to be traded to Vancouver where I'll win a cup to which I'll bring it to Toronto under a big huge banner that says "Suck it Toronto"

21 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Chiraq?? Really. 

Chicago is a wicked city. Yeah the gun crime and murder rates are astronomical on the south and west sides but considering the sheer size of it there are plenty of safe places to live without fear. 

4 hours ago, vancouvercanucks2010 said:

Edmonton,  great development environment 

Uh, what?   They have lucked out on lottery wheel but to say they have been "great" at development flies in the face of reality.   They have absolutely ruined a bunch of promising players until the past two seasons or so.

6 hours ago, Pickly said:

Chicago is a wicked city. Yeah the gun crime and murder rates are astronomical on the south and west sides but considering the sheer size of it there are plenty of safe places to live without fear. 

I was always under the impression that in most major US cities there's always the "cool" area and "dangerous" area. As someone who does not live in the US and visits the cities as tourists I tend to judge the city based on its "cool" area 

Archived