The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

Really good prospect, had a really good year in one of the best developmental programs in the chl. Kelowna is an NHL player factory so I cant help but be excited about this guy. Jim guys probably saw a lot of him and really liked his potential

• Upvote 2

Canucks Army https://canucksarmy.com/2017/06/01/nation-network-2017-prospect-profile-37-kole-lind/

We’re going back to the Western Hockey League for the Nations Network’s 37th ranked prospect. That prospect is Kole Lind of the Kelowna Rockets.

Lind started the season as a projected third round pick but has been so impressive that his draft stock has risen to the point where he could be selected late in the first round. Known for his anticipation and play making abilities, Lind had a noteworthy draft minus one season in 2015-16 with 41 points in 70 games. He exploded offensively this season, showcasing exactly what makes him such a good player.

Let’s take a closer look at the right winger!

Bio:

• Birthplace: Shaunavan, SK, CAN
  • Position: RW
  • Handedness: R
  • Height: 6’1″
  • Weight: 176 lbs
  • Draft Year Team: Kelowna Rockets – WHL

Future Considerations:

A smart and skilled but not overly dynamic offensive forward…a slippery skater who is able to hang onto the puck for lengthy periods thanks to his good awareness of where pressure is coming from…is very agile and accelerates quickly, enabling him to get a bit of room from opponents…has good puck skill using his hand position and speed to bring pucks in tight to his body, protecting it…can run himself out of space by trying to hold onto the puck and make that extra move…very heads up passer who leads his man perfectly…makes gorgeous saucer passes…is a playmaker but doesn’t mind taking shots, although his release is a little slow…his speed and smarts allowed him to find a lot of openings to get chances…defensively he uses his stick to close off options…not consistently physical but has shown some fire in his belly after the whistle, getting in faces and causing commotion…strong awareness and smarts should help with his potential to contribute at the pro level

• Upvote 1

Nhl player comparison for playing style is Max Pacioretty.

This is the kid I had my eye on last night. I'm pleased with this selection.  Only real knock is he needs to add strength.   Other than getting in the gym, he can skate, shoot, pass, thinks the game well, protects the puck well.   Solid all around top 9 winger.  

• Upvote 1

Good pick. Has a frame he can grow into, already has some grit in his game. Does a lot of things well. Couple of years under his belt, gain weight up to 190-195 and he looks to have top 6 potential.

I wanted Hague with this pick, very badly. We need someone in system that has the potential for back end strength. I do note he went to Vegas with the very next pick. While I think Benning got a good-very good player here, I think we will regret not grabbing Hague in years to come. This will be my one and only gripe about this draft (this year), I don't know enough about the remaining players available to make a good judgment.

So, welcome aboard kid!