The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

7 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

These kids are playing way too much hockey, IMO.

I agree, these kids right from september have played a full season, plus playoffs, plus Junior prospect showcase tourneys to showcase their skills, some already participated in the world juniors, NHL prospect camps, to the world junior camps etc.

Very little rest.

4 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I agree, these kids right from september have played a full season, plus playoffs, plus Junior prospect showcase tourneys to showcase their skills, some already participated in the world juniors, NHL prospect camps, to the world junior camps etc.

Very little rest.

And there are sooooo many opportunities for TC scouts/coaching staff to judge these players . You don't need to send the kids all over the country, send them to Finland for another showcase, Russia-Canada CHL challenge in the Fall, another TC camp before the WJHC.... it is just too much. 

54 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Very little rest.

I was thinking the same thing. I am glad Juolevi is not playing for Finland at the World Junior Summer Showcase. I would also prefer if Pettersson were not playing for Sweden, especially if he has a nagging injury. I think there is a pretty big "sports science" literature that indicates that sometimes "less is more" -- getting adequate rest is as important as training hard and good nutrition, and getting full recovery from injury before re-stressing the injury is particularly important.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

Lind is playing on the second line with Gadjovich and Cliff Pu vs Finland. The rebroadcast is playing on TSN 2 now. First period.

That line had some good shifts but were broke up later. Lind played some PK. He might look a little lost but adjusting his game would be harder for him than Gadjovich. Coaching moved him around and he seemed to get stronger as the game progressed. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2017 at 0:18 AM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I though LInd looked great...he was stealing pucks and being in the right place on D., as well as making some nice passes....really don't know why he wasn't getting played at the end of the 3rd period...hopefully just a bit banged up and not a coaching decision...

I think Team Canada has too many players.   Heck even Cody Glass didn't play the 1st 2 games or something. 

Gadjovich Canada's most effective player the 1st 2 games sat out their latest game.

The coaches must see something in Lind.  He played but Inspector Gadget did't. ::D  I don't mean to say Jonah is no good.  I really like him as a prospect and think he could Make the nucks down the road.  Just trying to pump his tires a bit (Roberto Luongo words :))

11 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

I think Team Canada has too many players.   Heck even Cody Glass didn't play the 1st 2 games or something. 

Gadjovich Canada's most effective player the 1st 2 games sat out their latest game.

Sure they have a lot of players there. This is an evaluation camp for those that 'might' be on the radar. IMHO Gadjovich sat out to give some TOI to others. He has played extremely well and definitely improved his chances to play at WJC. 

Lind played another game as coaching seems to want him in the 3C spot with a defensive posture. His play reminds me of Cassels with less physicality but more speed. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm excited about this kid because of his play but I also love the attitude he brings. A bit of a swagger without being arrogant and a little less filtered than we normally get around here. If he can overachieve even a little in his career - I'm looking forward to having him. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Canucks/status/906382722544758784/video/1

Edited by AllWeatherFan
Link