The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

39 minutes ago, Scorevat said:

Really good prospect, had a really good year in one of the best developmental programs in the chl. Kelowna is an NHL player factory so I cant help but be excited about this guy. Jim guys probably saw a lot of him and really liked his potential

26 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

Good pick. Has a frame he can grow into, already has some grit in his game. Does a lot of things well. Couple of years under his belt, gain weight up to 190-195 and he looks to have top 6 potential.

I wanted Hague with this pick, very badly. We need someone in system that has the potential for back end strength. I do note he went to Vegas with the very next pick. While I think Benning got a good-very good player here, I think we will regret not grabbing Hague in years to come. This will be my one and only gripe about this draft (this year), I don't know enough about the remaining players available to make a good judgment.

So, welcome aboard kid!

24 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Interesting, and then Hague going right after. Seems decent enough so I'll have to look up on him more.

I feel the same way. I like this pick. Scoring, some edge to his game, and really wants to be here. I would liked Hague with this pick but I have no problem with Lind. And I like Gadjovich at #55. Another guy with toughness who also scores a lot a the major junior level.

58 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

Kelowna mainly produces D-men, but has produced some incredible forwards too (Benn). Looked to be rated as a late 1st rounder. Solid pick. Our RW prospects are looking good. 

Actually liking the fact Jim is finding some righties who shoot right.  

1 minute ago, chickenman92 said:

Solid pick. Wouldn't shock me if he plays in the NHL before Pettersson. 

Considering he'll have to spend two more years in Jr when Pettersson is AHL eligible, I highly doubt it.

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Considering he'll have to spend two more years in Jr when Pettersson is AHL eligible, I highly doubt it.

I believe Benning said Pettersson would play next year in Sweden. He'll likely come over the following season in 18-19. 

Lind will play this year in Kelowna and push for a spot in 18-19. 

Lind is bigger and stronger right now. I think that will give him a bit of an edge going into camp in 18-19. I think Lind cracks the team and Pettersson spends a year adding size and learning the NA game in Utica. 

Long run, Pettersson will be the better player, but don't be shocked if Lind gets to the NHL first. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Father Ryan said:

Good pick. Has a frame he can grow into, already has some grit in his game. Does a lot of things well. Couple of years under his belt, gain weight up to 190-195 and he looks to have top 6 potential.

I wanted Hague with this pick, very badly. We need someone in system that has the potential for back end strength. I do note he went to Vegas with the very next pick. While I think Benning got a good-very good player here, I think we will regret not grabbing Hague in years to come. This will be my one and only gripe about this draft (this year), I don't know enough about the remaining players available to make a good judgment.

So, welcome aboard kid!

I was interested in Hague as well, but I was bit leery about him too. His skating is a big issue and not everyone can work out their flaws in skating like Horvat has.

Last thing we need on the backend is a giant pylon reminiscent of Douglas Murray, would get absolutely destroyed, McDavid would quite literally, skate circles around him. Maybe he's able to fix his skating though, if he can, great pick by Vegas.

9 minutes ago, chickenman92 said:

I believe Benning said Pettersson would play next year in Sweden. He'll likely come over the following season in 18-19. 

Lind will play this year in Kelowna and push for a spot in 18-19. 

Lind is bigger and stronger right now. I think that will give him a bit of an edge going into camp in 18-19. I think Lind cracks the team and Pettersson spends a year adding size and learning the NA game in Utica. 

Long run, Pettersson will be the better player, but don't be shocked if Lind gets to the NHL first. 

I doubt that, very few kids make it to NHL right out of their draft year, only a few more from draft year +1

Realistically, unless you're a top pick in the draft, or have been playing against men for several years already, not likely to go straight from juniors to NHL