The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Wasn't aware that you were his agent.

You don't have to be his agent to see what transpired , Jim should have traded him to Tampa and would have gotten a great return , instead he will end up trading his rights for a second or third if he's lucky. Poor management of a grade A asset .   

17 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Tryamkin well never be a canuck again that ship is sailed , Gudbranson doesn't scare anyone, If Cole is to be allowed to play feisty you need some protection. 

2 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

You don't have to be his agent to see what transpired , Jim should have traded him to Tampa and would have gotten a great return , instead he will end up trading his rights for a second or third if he's lucky. Poor management of a grade A asset .   

image.png.a0daecdeb642236dc2d882bcb2d89396.png

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, vannuck59 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8625420

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On 14/04/2018 at 3:28 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Canucks are not as small as you think.   This was start of last season without Virtanen and Archie in line up.   They are not the "smallest" team in league by any means.   

Screen-Shot-2018-01-11-at-10.50.28-PM.pn

But, but, size man. If we add a guy the size of akebono then instant cup win man. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, nowhereman said:

All I hear about these days is that small and speedy is the way to go. And, yet, there's confusion when bigger teams like the Jets have success.

At this point, it's pretty easy to see that there is no "right" path to success in the NHL. There are so many factors that go into a successful team.

The jets and fast and skilled... oh yeah and their big. 

3 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

The jets and fast and skilled... oh yeah and their big. 

Yeah, they really have a great combination. Being big is still a good attribute as long as it doesn't sacrifice speed and skill. The problem is that players like that are rare.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nowhereman said:

All I hear about these days is that small and speedy is the way to go. And, yet, there's confusion when bigger teams like the Jets have success.

At this point, it's pretty easy to see that there is no "right" path to success in the NHL. There are so many factors that go into a successful team.

That's not true. I don't think anyone is actively calling for "small" players, but rather fast players. The two aren't bonded together. 

Wheeler can play the speed game. He just also happens to be 6'5 and 225 lbs.

Ehlers can also play the speed game. He just happens to be 6'0 and 170 lbs.

Speed is just the underlying foundation of a lot of recent successful teams. Size and skill are other factors you consider on top of that. 

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎21 at 8:07 AM, Isam said:

But, but, size man. If we add a guy the size of akebono then instant cup win man. 

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎21 at 9:13 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

Truculence.....

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎21 at 9:17 AM, Isam said:

And size. Can he fill in a size 54 jeans. That is cdc scouting in nutshell.

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎21 at 9:17 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

54 slim.....

Don't forget wingspan, need lots of it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The kid needs a year or two in Utica. The WHL is not like playing in any pro league. He needs to get some time to get used to the speed of the game, especially in combination with some size.

I see Lind as having a ceiling of a borderline first line, but more likely a good-very good 2nd liner. He likely could pair up with a center that likes to drive the net, and is more of a scorer than playmaker.

Great find in the second round. I was originally a bit peeved that we didn't draft Nicholas Hague (who was the very next pick). But after Lind's season, I'd say we got a really good player, potentially.