The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

40 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Nothing to do with Lind wanting to be a leaf....Lind is from the area and wants to support and raise money..

Lind is very happy to be drafted by Vancouver... 

T'was a joke.  Our flag has a maple leaf on it lol, I know it doesn't mean he's a leafs fan.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

T'was a joke.  Our flag has a maple leaf on it lol, I know it doesn't mean he's a leafs fan.

Be exciting to watch Kole at rookie camp.. I think Kole 20 will be spending a few years in Utica..

We have so many wingers under 23.. Goldobin 22, Dahlen 20, Jasek 21, Gadjovich 20, ..

Canucks team, Boser 21 , Jake 21 , Liepsic 23  -- Pettersson 19 W-C

On 6/24/2018 at 8:03 AM, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Virtannen Pettersson Boeser

Dahlen Horvat Goldy

Gadjovich Gaudette Lind

Quinn Trymakin 

OJ Woo

Guddy

Demko

Dipetro 

Given Pettersson's previous play with Dahlen in addition to Virtanen's slow progress and likely limited ceiling, I see this as being more likely in a year or two:

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser

Virtanen Horvat Goldobin
Gadjovich Gaudette Lind

On D, with Woo's size and if Tryamkin DOES come back, I see no need for Guddy.  So then I predict something more like this (assuming Tanev gets moved):

Quinn Tryamkin 
OJ Woo

Edler Stecher

1 hour ago, SingleThorn said:

Can anyone tell me why Kole Lind's contract is not 'slide-able' while Jonah Gadjovich's is ? The only difference I see is that Kole played a handful of AHL games. Their birth  dates and CHL careers are similar. Thanks.

CapFriendly link..... https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

CapFriendly has Gadjovich listed for an ELC signing age of 18 and Lind for an ELC signing age of 20.  I'm not sure that is correct and Gadjovich wouldn't slide anyway based on this...

"An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide."

Edited by UticaHockey

3 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

CapFriendly has Gadjovich listed for an ELC signing age of 18 and Lind for an ELC signing age of 20.  I'm not sure that is correct and Gadjovich wouldn't slide anyway based on this...

"An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide."

Thanks. They are the same age, but their ELCs were signed 5 months apart. All too complicated for my little brain.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Further to this, from a feature on SN:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-lind-carrying-lessons-humboldt-tragedy-pushing-forward/

Partial quote:

The Canucks sent minor-league strength and conditioning coach Ken Hetzel to work with Lind in Saskatoon, where he trains and spends the summer. Lind lives with former NHL player Rich Pilon, with whom he billeted during midget hockey.

“It’s almost night and day,” Lind said of his conditioning now versus a year ago. “I’ve committed myself a lot to training and getting better this summer and being more powerful on the ice. I think it’s starting to show now; give me another two months and we’ll see where things go from there.”

His AHL experience obviously left an impression.

“I don’t think you can prepare for it until you get there,” Lind said. “You think, obviously, it’s going to be faster and you want to try to play a faster game. But it was a huge step for me. There were things I had to fix in my game before I worried about contributing, and that didn’t come very much in the minors.

Hopefully, it will come next year.

“At times, I almost found myself getting pushed around a little bit. Even in the minors. So I think that really was an eye-opener for me.”

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I know a development camp video is not an indicator of how ready or good a player is, but the video of Kole Lind is quite impressive. He’s got good hands, good posture, nice edge work, great skating and just knows how to find the back of the net. In that video he reminds a lot of a Kesler/Perry type player already. I was very impressed. Hope he continues his great work this summer. He’s become one of those 2nd tier prospects for us now, but in reality it’s only due to the fact that our prospect pool os crazy good and that we just pay more attention to EP and Boeser. He’s gonna be a very important player for us, and maybe sooner rather than later. 

lol read your post after I did mine - same thoughts though! It's really awesome.. and I agree!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, R3aL said:

It's kind of funny we go a little while without a second round pick and all of a sudden we have three second round guys that years ago would be our TOP PROSPECTS.

Lind

Gadj

Woo

these guys would be the top of our prospect pool years ago - but now we have such highend guys in front of them it's going to allow them to develop with less pressure and to do it the right way in our new farm system.. pretty awesome organizational transformation if you ask me.

I am so high on these three kids too.

Exciting times for us coming soon.

Hahaha even our recent third and fourth round picks.

DiPietro

Lockwood

Tryamkin

Brisebois

All look like they can be NHLers in the future and no one had confidence in that type of drafting in the past with Gillis.

• Like 2