The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

4 hours ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

went back a few pages, looking for any updates on his size and weight if any one has this?  elite prospects has him at 6ft1 and 185lbs but I am sure he is heavier than that

Yes, was hoping that prospects camp would include updated height/ weight numbers, but no such luck. I can't believe that those measurements were not part of the camp.

When Lind was drafted I thought he had the makings of a power forward. I think Wayne Simmonds is a good comparable. A bigger better playmaking Simmonds with a touch of Burrows mixed in like a couple of posters mentioned earlier. Wow, what a handful if he hits his ceiling! With his commitment to playing each game like it is his last, I have no doubt he hits it.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, TGT68 said:

I agree with everything Odd is saying but one thing.  One little perspective change.  I think the UFA signings signal that we are taking a more "classic Detroit model" thought pattern into player development.  So I think there are young players that  will get NHL looks this year.  But I don't think a first year pro like Lind gets more than one NHL look this year a la Demko last year.  I think Lind gets basically a whole year in Utica this year and is an up and down player next year.  If he does well in both years then he can earn a spot on the big club in the third year.  But I think they want a first pro year to be more about learning to be a pro, eating like a pro, practicing like a pro, training like a pro, thinking like a pro.  A second pro year to be more about learning to translate the game to the NHL.  

I think Petterssen, Dahlen, Jasek, Gaudette, Palmu and Joulevi are seen as second and third pro year guys and are the guys who get NHL looks to NHL spots. While the Lind and Gadjovich are definitely seen as first pro year guys.  Hughes may go back to NCAA or start in Utica because of this mindset or may just have the rules thrown out for such a unique player.  But Lind has something to prove in the AHL this year.  And I am curious to see how he develops and what his pro game looks like.   Is he still a pest?  Is he still a great transition guy? Is he still a sniper?   Does his great two way and playmaking make him someone we try at Center? So many questions to answer and so much time.  

I agree with you. I highly doubt more than 3 rookies crack the lineup this year. 2 forwards and a d-man. I am really excited about Utica this year. So much youth that can bond as they prepare for future careers with the Canucks. The time line puts no pressure on adding a huge number of rookies on the Canucks. I prefer they establish their pro game in the AHL first.

• Upvote 3

Lind's problem is if he plays well enough to earn a spot in training camp, there is no spot for him on the second line,

Petterssen will be try to earn the right wing spot on that line.

There won't be a spot on the second line until for Lind until the team decides to move Pettersson to centre.

• Wat 1

On 7/7/2018 at 10:37 PM, Warhippy said:

Today I learned I am 6 inches shorter and 28 pounds heavier than wayne frigging Simmonds...

Good lard

What you are trying to say is if you were Tryamkin's height, your BMI would look great.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CharlieChan said:

Lind's problem is if he plays well enough to earn a spot in training camp, there is no spot for him on the second line,

There won't be a spot on the second line until for Lind until the team decides to move Pettersson to centre.

If he plays well enough and outplays everyone else, including EP, he will be on whatever line he shows he belongs on.   The one thing Green has shown is a willingness to move people up/down the lineup.   Even the Sedins were no longer getting first line minutes and no question he deferred to them...but no else.

23 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

If he plays well enough and outplays everyone else, including EP, he will be on whatever line he shows he belongs on.   The one thing Green has shown is a willingness to move people up/down the lineup.   Even the Sedins were no longer getting first line minutes and no question he deferred to them...but no else.

But I don't think there is much chance Lind outplays Petterssen.  Then again Lind can definitely play both wings.  But then so can Jasek, and Dahlen plays left wing too.  

Lind is good and gonna be really good imho.  Just would be a big surprise to grab a spot on the Canucks this year.  

6 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

But I don't think there is much chance Lind outplays Petterssen.  Then again Lind can definitely play both wings.  But then so can Jasek, and Dahlen plays left wing too.  

Lind is good and gonna be really good imho.  Just would be a big surprise to grab a spot on the Canucks this year.  

I would be surprised too but fact is, I think it is up to the players to surprise the coaches.

5 minutes ago, Pete M said:

If Lind outplays JV...

Then JV deserves to be placed behind him on the roster.   There cannot be gifted spots if this team truly wants to improve.   That goes for JV, Horvat or anyone else.

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, CharlieChan said:

The proverbial "first world problems."

It would be amazing if the likes of Lind, Dahlen, Jasek, and Gadjovich all come in and show that they are "near-ready" for the NHL.  Others like MacEwen and Brisebois are likely to be knocking at the door as well.

• Upvote 2

On 2018-07-09 at 8:17 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Then JV deserves to be placed behind him on the roster.   There cannot be gifted spots if this team truly wants to improve.   That goes for JV, Horvat or anyone else.

But not EP40. For he is the messiah :ph34r:

• Haha 1

On July 9, 2018 at 11:32 AM, CharlieChan said:

Also competing with Dahlen, Jasek, Gadjovich, I see Lind playing whole season in Utica..

Dahlen is closest out of the 4 players i mentioned..Lets see how Kole plays in Utica, we all seen how the jump was at the end of the season GP 6 - 1 point....Big jump to AHL, glad Kole has worked hard this off season..

Jasek could surprise a lot of people in Utica this season..

• Cheers 1

On 7/9/2018 at 11:32 AM, CharlieChan said:

I hope they make room for him if he belongs, waive Gagner and hope somebody takes him.  Lind is big enough and gritty enough to play 3rd line winger for a year or two before assuming his position on 2nd line RW for the next 10 years.