The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

3 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

I hope they make room for him if he belongs, waive Gagner and hope somebody takes him.  Lind is big enough and gritty enough to play 3rd line winger for a year or two before assuming his position on 2nd line RW for the next 10 years.

Like I said Dahlen, Lind, Gadjovich, Jasek all need AHL time... Lind will be NHL ready and challenging next season.

Lind had one point in six AHL games, looked like a deer in the headlights at times and admitted that the jump from juniors was higher than expected.  Hopefully he trains harder than ever this summer and has a great training camp but he needs to spend time in the AHL before cracking the Canucks roster.  Let the kid develop. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Like I said Dahlen, Lind, Gadjovich, Jasek all need AHL time... Lind will be NHL ready and challenging next season.

Like I said, "if he belongs".  I am not saying he should be here, I am saying if he earns a spot.  Jesper Bratt was drafted in the 6th round and nobody would have given him a shot at sticking last year, but he earned it and they kept him, and he contributed all year.  

I don't believe, in the new NHL you should hold a player back who earns a spot.  If he is big enough, fast enough, and he is clearly one of the 4 best RWers at camp, keep him.  Send a message to everybody.  In truth, I don't think he will make it just that he should if he is top 4.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Lind looked good. Really solid backcheck on Pettersson's 2nd goal to cause the offensive zone turnover. 

He looked frustrated he didnt get the pass after that . He was wide open slapping his stick. Oh well, we scored I guess. 

Lind with some strong work last night, specifically with takeaways on the back check and using his body on the forecheck.  He used his speed well and shows a solid work ethic. 

Couldnt finish his chances the way Dahlen and Pettersson did, and got lost positionally a few times in the O zone... but I do think he’ll develop into a solid middle 6 RW at the nhl level. 

Edited by 70seven

33 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Lind with some strong work last night, specifically with takeaways on the back check and using his body on the forecheck.  He used his speed well and shows a solid work ethic. 

Couldnt finish his chances the way Dahlen and Pettersson did, and got lost positionally a few times in the O zone... but I do think he’ll develop into a solid middle 6 RW at the nhl level. 

Lind reminds me a lot of Chris Higgins out there. A Swiss Army Knife of a forward. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cuporbust said:

He looked frustrated he didnt get the pass after that . He was wide open slapping his stick. Oh well, we scored I guess. 

I think this is refreshing.  So much better than deke deke deke pass and pass back and no one ever shooting.  

Lind looked good in the young stars but you can tell he is still raw. There was a couple good chances that he should have buried. I think a full year of pro hockey with a couple NHL games at the end with do him wonders. He will be looking to earn a spot on the Canucks next year out of camp. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Lind looked good in the young stars but you can tell he is still raw. There was a couple good chances that he should have buried. I think a full year of pro hockey with a couple NHL games at the end with do him wonders. He will be looking to earn a spot on the Canucks next year out of camp. 

it will be interesting to watch his progress in Utica this year. I think the few games he got in thereat the tail end of last season should have helped prepare him for the coming season. He might get off to a slow start in Utica but I doubt that will last for long as his skill level and determination take over

I think Travis Green gave us a bit of insight into Lind's projected arrival when he said Pettersson, Dahlen, and Lind were all on different timelines to make the big club. He didn't go into specifics on who was where, but I derived this:

Pettersson - makes the team this year. 

Dahlen - needs a year in Utica, potential call up this year

Lind - 1.5 to 2 years away.

30 minutes ago, Jig Jones said:

I think Travis Green gave us a bit of insight into Lind's projected arrival when he said Pettersson, Dahlen, and Lind were all on different timelines to make the big club. He didn't go into specifics on who was where, but I derived this:

Pettersson - makes the team this year. 

Dahlen - needs a year in Utica, potential call up this year

Lind - 1.5 to 2 years away.

I think your projected time lines are reasonable but we will have to wait and see how these players perform in the preseason to have a better perspective of where they are in their development.