The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Just like Trevor.  There is a point in the Lind highlite reel (4:54) where he skates through the neutral zone, and splits the D.  That's got Trevor written all over it.  Tall, lanky, fast, aggressive, and an excellent shot.  I think we sometimes forget .Trevor was once youthful too:

IMG_0806.JPG

Really? He looked young in his rookie season but you could tell from the get go that Linden was special. 

Never forget going to a Canucks game at the Saddledome. Only two Canucks showed up for that game, Gino and Trevor. Linden stood out on the ice like a sore thumb. He had it all. Gino stood out for different reasons but he was a thing of beauty. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, nzan said:

Trying to figure out why I can't get excited about this pick...realized it's been 25 years since we had one of our second round picks turn into a real hockey player. 

And Mason Raymond I guess, but that would lend more weight to why I can't get excited about a second round pick.

i can't wait for him and Gadjovich and Thatcher to all change the tides.

He sure didn't look very good in today's game against the US.  He looked both slow and tentative.   Score was lopsided but Canada played well (goaltending was brutal - any shot on goal was, well, a goal - check out the highlights on US Hockey).    However, as a bright spot the best Canadian player on the ice was probably Gadjovich - he seemed faster than I remember him and far more confident with the puck than at Prospects Game.   However, this is Lind's thread so won't dwell on another pick doing better at least today.

1 hour ago, Erik Karlsson said:

Not really a big fan of Lind for some reason. Guess I just don't really see him becoming much more than a career AHL'r with call ups. Similiar to Chaput.

Yeah Lind just seemed like a player with a lot of good aspects to his game but no elite aspect. I do see him as a bottom 6 player but hopefully he puts it all together. He's got time on his side!

haha everyone being so hard on an 18 year old kid who's young and immature. Gadj for example seems to be a very mature guy for his age so comparing him to lind at this stage in their respective careers/ages doesn't make a lot of sense. Lind was a potential first overall pick and you aren't that if your not talented. In my mind Benning made a lot of good picks this draft and Lind should not be underrated and compared negatively to other lower picks.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Really? He looked young in his rookie season but you could tell from the get go that Linden was special. 

Never forget going to a Canucks game at the Saddledome. Only two Canucks showed up for that game, Gino and Trevor. Linden stood out on the ice like a sore thumb. He had it all. Gino stood out for different reasons but he was a thing of beauty. 

I was 9yo when I saw Linden play as a rookie and my only game I saw live that year had 'The Shift' by him.  He had the puck in the corner and no one was going to get it from him, think he scored 5 points that game.  From then on he was my hero and my hockey idol.

But I digress, wish I could watch Lind play today.  For those who can his game is on one of the TSN channels at 10am today iirc.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha everyone being so hard on an 18 year old kid who's young and immature. Gadj for example seems to be a very mature guy for his age so comparing him to lind at this stage in their respective careers/ages doesn't make a lot of sense. Lind was a potential first overall pick and you aren't that if your not talented. In my mind Benning made a lot of good picks this draft and Lind should not be underrated and compared negatively to other lower picks.

Think you might mean 1st round pick?

• Upvote 1

Kole Lind seems to really struggle with settling down passes. I admittedly have seen very little of him on Kelowna so I am judging primarily on the Canucks development camp and the World Junior Showcase so it could largely be due to nerves. But based on my viewings, he really needs to work on softening up those hands.

on hfboards.com someone slapped together a video of only Gajovich's shifts.    Which of course was on LInds line.

He looked good, Lind, looked more invisible.  Their line was out there for both goals.  Gajovich actually looked more in control of the game, as everytime his shift was out there, the commentator was always saying Gajovich's name.

Second game watching Lind in this tournament and he looks a tad slow and lost.   Good news for Canuck faithful is play of Gajovich who looks like he is playing in beast mode.   Already has something like four shots on goal out of a total of 19 so far for Canada.    Second game in a row he is one of the better players on the ice for either team.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Second game watching Lind in this tournament and he looks a tad slow and lost.   Good news for Canuck faithful is play of Gajovich who looks like he is playing in beast mode.   Already has something like four shots on goal out of a total of 19 so far for Canada.    Second game in a row he is one of the better players on the ice for either team.

Whole Canadian team looks slow. TBH so do the Fins. I guess that's what u expect with summer league games

1 minute ago, TheHockeyNerds said:

Whole Canadian team looks slow. TBH so do the Fins. I guess that's what u expect with summer league games

Watch the delay on Youtube - put speed of replay at 1.1 or 1.2 times normal - things look good and fast then.    I can even make Lucic look fast with that trick.

15 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Watch the delay on Youtube - put speed of replay at 1.1 or 1.2 times normal - things look good and fast then.    I can even make Lucic look fast with that trick.

Too bad you can't just do it for one side. ;)