The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

7 hours ago, dpn1 said:

It was nice to see an edgy side to his game.  He was not as hesitant as he was last year. 

During the game last night they said Lind only had 17 points last year (5 goals) and he has 3 just last night. I hope he has a monster year.

It was great seeing him get in other guys faces (including him punching the one guy in the head) lol. We need that on the big club.

• Cheers 3

People just have to remember that "MOST" NHlers have a development curve in every league they play in...……….

AKA

when in their first year midget, they learned the speed and size of the player

then the second year, those adjustments, and understanding have already happen

so they start from a better place in their second year

additionally, they are a year stronger and more mature, which help immeasurably

some will actually take 3 years to have that all figured out and gain strength

The same things happen in Junior, where their 1st year is one of learning

and 2nd year is one of executing

Then, when they reach pro, same thing again...….not all players can jump into a league

and show what they are made off their 1st year 

The years to watch are the 2nd (which is why the draft is at 17, and not 16, and their 3rd year

when by the end, if they are not showing well, then it will be a tough road....

Pretty simple really...……...go to just to about any player and take a look at their junior stats

it will show you this...……..not all players are McDavids, very few in all reality

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

I’m happy Kole is off to a solid start.... as someone said above it takes time for players too adjust to a new levels of league play. 

i can see Kole Lind as a future replacement for Tanner Pearson once he’s contracts up....but who knows that’s years away. Hope Lind continues his offensive upside just like Gaud.

good work Kole I’m routing for yah.

i hope he keeps it up.  last year was not a good year for him.  Hope he proves em all wrong.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

so the Lind line is the 1st line?

It appeared to be in this game - on the Comets the Boucher line is probably the first line most nights because Boucher is a dominant player in the AHL when healthy.  But Lind played well, he earned those assists - he seems bigger and faster. However, that could change in the next game if Goldobin and Baertschi play (maybe with Graovac (who also played well and has a good AHL pedigree).

I have to say that I am really impressed with Kole's game so far this year.  I know its only 2 games but he is looking like the Kole Lind from the "W".  Another win for Utica putting them at 2-0 for the season.

• Cheers 1

Kole Lind is really doing extremely well once you consider his age and draft year.  Gaudette for contrast, is three years older (23 vs 20), and since Gaudette went the college route, has a few more years experience playing against men.  Playing this high up the depth chart in Utica is a testament to his progress.  Both statistically and eye test have shown Kole to have made significant strides.  He's identified areas he needed to work on and done a commendable job of getting the job done.  Playing with an AHL dominant player like Boucher doesn't hurt, but he's making the most of his opportunity so far.  He's maybe one or two years out for making the NHL I'd think.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1