The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

I'm eagerly anticipating this coming influx of larger, faster, & yet skilled, NA'n wingers. For the past decade+, would say we've had more of a Euro-skill, perimeter style with our key wingers.

For the entertaiment buck, pleased with the(apparently) trending direction. Lind looks like he'll be a good one.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Upvote 2

What a game from Lind last night, he has some great hockey iq, those 2 assists were nice, especially the second one. Exactly the type of playmaking we need on our PP. He deserves that empty net goal for sure, excellent game for him.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, cyoung said:

How was his game away from the puck?  we all know he can be special with it. 

Happy to see him get on the score board like that. 

Good positioning, but lost quite a few battles later in the game. 1 thing that stuck out was him getting stripped of the puck behind the net, and he didn't try to get it back. His skating reminds me of Boeser when he got drafted. Decent speed, but floats more than he should. Boeser has fixed that, hope Lind can too!

• Upvote 4

Just now, BananaMash said:

You can tell there's still some refining needed but he's tenacious in puck pursuit when he doesn't have it.

Thats good. I'm glad he's good at what you can't teach. That's what I liked about his game going into the draft. 

1 minute ago, Derp... said:

Good positioning, but lost quite a few battles later in the game. 1 thing that stuck out was him getting stripped of the puck behind the net, and he didn't try to get it back. His skating reminds me of Boeser when he got drafted. Decent speed, but floats more than he should. Boeser has fixed that, hope Lind can too!

I think there is a bit of a mental barrier he needs to break through. He needs some confidence, a few more years in the W will hopefully get him what he needs. 

1 minute ago, cyoung said:

I think there is a bit of a mental barrier he needs to break through. He needs some confidence, a few more years in the W will hopefully get him what he needs. 

I would agree.

There were plays where he was totally into it and chasing people down and looked great, then plays where he was sort of lost in floater land. Definitely seemed to be a confidence in his own abilities thing.

Just now, cyoung said:

He's AHL eligible after this season, so in theory he could be playing in the AHL at the end of the season if Kelowna doesn't do well. It's a huge year for him to go from a top junior prospect to a top pro prospect all by next fall.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Derp... said:

He's AHL eligible after this season, so in theory he could be playing in the AHL at the end of the season if Kelowna doesn't do well. It's a huge year for him to go from a top junior prospect to a top pro prospect all by next fall.

That is true. Hopefully he takes some steps in improving what he needs to. He seems very committed which is awesome. 

8 hours ago, Derp... said:

Sounds about right.  Is he likely to be given decent ice time in this year's pre-season?  He can already do things with the puck a lot of our right wingers cannot do.  I know he's very young -- and his defensive game is not being talked about as a positive -- but clearly he has that ability to make plays.  And we need that very badly.  On the pp in the young guns game he looked like a center his vision was so good.

• Upvote 1