The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

On 11/2/2019 at 9:53 AM, dpn1 said:

I thought Gadj looked good before he got hurt.  He was stronger, bolder and faster than last year.  He is starting to look a little like he did in Jr.  Not quite the torrid scoring rate that he had in Jr. but trending up I believe.

Agreed, he was looking good. For such a young guy he sure don’t mind being physical, fighting, and sticking up for his team mates. If his skating continues to improve he will be an amazing element to add to our big club one day. He has got some of that “nose for the net” back too like you said. Very interesting prospect to watch!

....back to Lind sorry...he’s been a great story too. Going thru adjustments now with all the injuries. Utica has had some juggling to do lately. Love the way Lind come out, shot from a cannon, absolutely loved it...now I want him to impress me more by doing it all year...lol, I jest, but if he can maintain pace even for 3/4 of the season I call that a win.

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Cheers 1

On 11/1/2019 at 4:21 PM, kloubek said:

If he did get a look, it would only be to assess his development, I figure. We have Baer and Gaudette (both up today) and Goldy as first fill-ins so we absolutely don't require Lind for depth right now. I'd really just rather see him get big developmental minutes in the AHL for this entire year.

I agree. Guys like Goldy, Boucher, MacEwen and Jasek are first in line and rightfully so. Goldy and Boucher are both fighting for their careers, where as Jasek and MacEwen have been knocking on the door for a while and deserve a shot soon. Lind will get his shot, but the organization will be patient with him. Look for him to battle for a spot next spring.

• Upvote 1

I love watching Kole play hockey.  The kid has a ton of Moxie in his game.  He reminds me of Alex Burrows with an offensive flair and a solid 2 way game.  Also I love the way Kole is fearless and not worried about how big the guy is in front of him.  He is an equal opportunity pest.  He seems comfortable bugging everyone.  We could really use a player like that B)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, theo5789 said:

But remember when Utica didn't know how to develop prospects?

Uh

Went from 1st line potential to JV and then up slightly

Utica had a 4 game loss streak where they couldn't score for 2 games and barely won in  OT last night due to their Vets being out of line up.

They are doing terrible job of developing prospects, Lind, Jasek etc etc have been invisible without guys like Boucher in line up and Comets can't win

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, shad0w4life said:

Uh

Utica had a 4 game loss streak where they couldn't score for 2 games and barely won in  OT last night due to their Vets being out of line up.

They are doing terrible job of developing prospects, Lind, Jasek etc etc have been invisible without guys like Boucher in line up and Comets can't win

It's called development. Are you expecting us to have superstar 1st line NHL players after a season?

38 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

It's called development. Are you expecting us to have superstar 1st line NHL players after a season?

No, I think the poster is pointing out that Lind and Jasek ( as examples) depend on the vets for their success rather than forge their own way

JB had to sign all those UFAs because he had 0 as far as prospects are concerned.  We had Bo and that was basically it.  In just 5 years our prospect pool has grow so much that we can call-up players that can fit in nicely in our line up.  I have been impressed with Jasek, Lind and Gadj.  They all came into this season having made some significant progress over the summer.  To say Utica can't develop prospects may be a bit shortsighted.  Players that this management group have chosen in the draft are just now starting to play in Utica.  Mikey is looking real good.  He seems to be further along than Demko was in his first year of pro and Mikey is just 20 years old.  OJ is looking and coming along nicely as he gets more time playing he is just getting stronger and more confident with himself.  Gadj had a nice start but was derailed by an upper body injury.  He would be in taking shifts and contributing if he were in the line up   Development takes time and I think Jim has been and will continue to draft and develop players that will allow us to slot in players when others price themselves out of our market because of cap restraints.  I would think that would be important to a team in the Salary Cap Era.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Needing veterans to insulate the prospects as they develop? What a novel idea.

You can break this down to leaders and followers. These are for the most part AHL career players that are shielding him. Assuming his expectations are in the NHL, maybe he should be a leader ??

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

You can break this down to leaders and followers. These are for the most part AHL career players that are shielding him. Assuming his expectations are in the NHL, maybe he should be a leader ??

Not every player will be an EP, BB or QH. They take different development paths. This is the path for these players such a Lind. They are insulated by AHL veterans like the top prospects get insulated by NHL veterans. Some players excel and make the jump quickly, some take time. This doesn't mean Utica doesn't know how to develop. Lind had a rough first year and is bouncing back, it's progress/development.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Not every player will be an EP, BB or QH. They take different development paths. This is the path for these players such a Lind. They are insulated by AHL veterans like the top prospects get insulated by NHL veterans. Some players excel and make the jump quickly, some take time. This doesn't mean Utica doesn't know how to develop. Lind had a rough first year and is bouncing back, it's progress/development.

I hope you're right but in the mean time  why don't we just settle for the facts. He's secondary to some life time AHL players.

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

I hope you're right but in the mean time  why don't we just settle for the facts. He's secondary to some life time AHL players.

Most young players in the AHL are. That "fact" doesn't mean that Utica isn't developing their players, so really is meaningless in this conversation. Some players are simply good in the AHL and can't put it together at the NHL level. Doesn't mean young players that are currently behind them (strictly on points which doesn't tell the whole picture) are not capable of becoming NHLers.

The other fact is that Lind has improved on last season which means he has improved and thus developed further (and currently 3rd in team scoring). Brisebois has progressed nicely. DiPietro has looked decent. The fact that Jasek is even on the radar right now is a testament for a long shot 6th round pick. Gadjovich looked to have a similar growth to Lind before getting hurt. MacEwen looks like he could crack the roster sooner than later. This all goes against all the naysayers towards Utica not being able to develop.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:32 AM, shad0w4life said:

Uh

I watched those games, and Lind is very visible... don't know who you watched.  They really miss Teves, the guy is a rock defensively.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I watched those games, and Lind is very visible... don't know who you watched.  They really miss Teves, the guy is a rock defensively.

Since Boucher and Baer have been out of line up Lind went from 1 ppg to

Nov 1 - 0 Pts

Nov 2 - 0 pts

Nov 6 - 0 pts

Nov 8 - 1A on pp

Nov 9 - 0 pts

Nov 11 - 0 Pts

• Haha 1