20 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

I’m happy Kole is off to a solid start.... as someone said above it takes time for players too adjust to a new levels of league play. 

i can see Kole Lind as a future replacement for Tanner Pearson once he’s contracts up....but who knows that’s years away. Hope Lind continues his offensive upside just like Gaud.

good work Kole I’m routing for yah.

i hope he keeps it up.  last year was not a good year for him.  Hope he proves em all wrong.

• Upvote 1

I finally got to watch that game tonight. Kole played a heckuva game - of course it doesn’t hurt playing with Boucher on your line in the AHL - two of those assists were on Boucher goals. Great setup by Kole on the second one.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I finally got to watch that game tonight. Kole played a heckuva game - of course it doesn’t hurt playing with Boucher on your line in the AHL - two of those assists were on Boucher goals. Great setup by Kole on the second one.

so the Lind line is the 1st line?

16 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

so the Lind line is the 1st line?

It appeared to be in this game - on the Comets the Boucher line is probably the first line most nights because Boucher is a dominant player in the AHL when healthy.  But Lind played well, he earned those assists - he seems bigger and faster. However, that could change in the next game if Goldobin and Baertschi play (maybe with Graovac (who also played well and has a good AHL pedigree).

Gadg. Graovac ZM

Bouchier Camper Lind

This was the 1st and second line.

• Upvote 1

I have to say that I am really impressed with Kole's game so far this year.  I know its only 2 games but he is looking like the Kole Lind from the "W".  Another win for Utica putting them at 2-0 for the season.

• Hydration 1

37 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I have to say that I am really impressed with Kole's game so far this year.  I know its only 2 games but he is looking like the Kole Lind from the "W".  Another win for Utica putting them at 2-0 for the season.

Nice. He looks a lot better than last year then?

1 minute ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Nice. He looks a lot better than last year then?

Night and day.

• Like 1

Kole Lind is really doing extremely well once you consider his age and draft year.  Gaudette for contrast, is three years older (23 vs 20), and since Gaudette went the college route, has a few more years experience playing against men.  Playing this high up the depth chart in Utica is a testament to his progress.  Both statistically and eye test have shown Kole to have made significant strides.  He's identified areas he needed to work on and done a commendable job of getting the job done.  Playing with an AHL dominant player like Boucher doesn't hurt, but he's making the most of his opportunity so far.  He's maybe one or two years out for making the NHL I'd think.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lind got his first goal of the season today in Utica's 8-2 win over the Charlotte Checkers. He now has 1 goal and 5 assists in 4 games this season.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

Great to see Lind taking off this year.

I think some people expected this of him last year but, he is a young guy, in a new league, in a new city, likely getting used to living on his own, learning everything about being a pro behind the scenes, and trying to get his conditioning to the point of the rest of the league.

One year later and he knows what it's all about.

Keep it up Lind!

Edited by Kosmo Kramer
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

I was thinking during RJ interview, it's a shame JV didn't have a plan and it's a shame he didn't go back to Junior and then Utica. I think the treatment of Lind is a result of the bad development of JV. Maybe we have a player in Lind!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I was thinking during RJ interview, it's a shame JV didn't have a plan and it's a shame he didn't go back to Junior and then Utica. I think the treatment of Lind is a result of the bad development of JV. Maybe we have a player in Lind!

Well good news is it looks like JV is on a better track now. This is why we don't run players out of town. The ones the team keeps are generally the ones the team knows (behind the scenes) that they are willing to put the work in. Trust the process.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Way too much blame was being placed last season for the slow development of prospects last season in Utica and Trent Cull was unfairly made the scapegoat by Canucks Twitter.  Some players just are not ready for the jump from juniors to professional hockey.  I like Kole Lind and am happy that he used last season as a wake up call and motivation to take ownership of his career and put in the work needed to succeed.

• Upvote 3