Rodin x

Gaudette barely any games

Brisebois x

Diepietro x

all played in Utica and have played at least some games with the Canucks

X mean didn’t make any kind of difference for the Canucks

Also I’m talking about Success coming out of Utica and translating to the NHL

11 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Yeah but you eventually need some of your picks outside of the first round going through your farm system to be successful. And the lack of success coming out of Utica translating to the NHL is disheartening 

That looks like 'some of" their picks outside of the first round to me.

39 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Moving the goals posts?

• Haha 1

Markstrom, Biega and Baertschi careers were made in Utica during Calder run under Green. Virtanen and Demko both made in Utica. Not many who came through and got a shot with Utica and played modestly for Canucks have turned into something for another team. Corrado and Clendening both moved on to play in the NHL some but were trade fodder. So it isn’t like we did something wrong and missed the boat on somebody who took off in the NHL after leaving us. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

And how many guys on that list were top tier prospects that 'should' make the NHL and stick for 200+ games?

The vast majority of that list were/are longer shots. The ones who weren't, are largely in, or on track for, the NHL.

That's not a 'failing' of Utica. That's the simple reality that most players don't make the NHL. And most of the 1st rounders who didn't make it weren't picked by the current regime and have done nothing since we moved on from them.

• Upvote 3

I know that this is probably premature but I would love to see Kole get a game in Vancouver this year.  He has been impressive this season so far.  I think the most impressive thing is his confidence and his ability to be an excellent pest (Something our team has lacked since Burrows in his heyday).  He is also showing a play making and scoring touch.  I see him being a good middle 6 RW.  I think it would be interesting to see him play up here and be that pest.  He may surprise some. B)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

There should be a comparison with Prospects that made it out of the NCAA. Our current best prospects are either NCAA or EU. I have higher hopes ( and this is just a personal opinion, not a fact)  for Hoglander than Lind 

11 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I know that this is probably premature but I would love to see Kole get a game in Vancouver this year.  He has been impressive this season so far.  I think the most impressive thing is his confidence and his ability to be an excellent pest (Something our team has lacked since Burrows in his heyday).  He is also showing a play making and scoring touch.  I see him being a good middle 6 RW.  I think it would be interesting to see him play up here and be that pest.  He may surprise some. B)

A play making pest hmmmm sounds just what the doctor order for Bo or Guad. :towel:

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 3

On 11/13/2019 at 9:07 AM, dpn1 said:

Let him develop properly wait until next season to give him a taste of big league.. 

He won't be able be a pest in NHL until he matures physically and has the game to back it up with.

Young raw rookies never be pests first couple of years in NHL. First develop his game then start being a pest when he can.. that part of game comes with time.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Get real canuck fans said:

Kole with a goal and assist tonight. 

Boucher back and Comets tear it up.

Goldy with two primary, looks like he needs a sniper to play with. Would like to see Boucher, Goldy and Baer come up as 3rd line

• Haha 4

I agree with the let him develop thought pattern.  He is doing very well but he needs grow more and do more.  When he grows into what he can be at the AHL level bring him up for a taste.  Then he can begin to grow into the next level.  

Kole does not need to be an NHL player next year to have an NHL career.  

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Kole's anticipation/reading of the play has greatly improved...he is now ahead of the curve!

I'm pretty sure Utica's poor development is bound to ruin him any moment now ;) 

• Haha 4

We are just starting to see the influence of this management's draft picks on our farm system.  Lind, Gadg, Mikie and Jasek are all taking big steps so far this season and I can't think of a GM in our history that has drafted as well Jim and his team.  I know some feel Jim isn't that good and are quick to jump all over the OJ and JV picks but if you you look at any other GM and they all miss on some pick.  Jury is still out on OJ as no one seems to know the nature of this resent injury and Jake is rounding out to be a solid middle 6 winger over the next year or so and to be honest I never really saw Jake as much more than that.  I am not saying I think taking Jake was a bad idea, just that there is no scientific ways to choosing the right player all the time.  Jake was taken around where he was expected to go.  I believe for every Jake out there, there is a Brock.  Both can have a positive impact on our teams future.  I try not to get too hung up where players are drafted and look at the draft as a whole.  The only first round pick I had a real problem with was the OJ pick.  I really liked some others around him, specifically McAvoy.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/19/2019 at 11:16 AM, dpn1 said:

We are just starting to see the influence of this management's draft picks on our farm system.  Lind, Gadg, Mikie and Jasek are all taking big steps so far this season and I can't think of a GM in our history that has drafted as well Jim and his team.  I know some feel Jim isn't that good and are quick to jump all over the OJ and JV picks but if you you look at any other GM and they all miss on some pick.  Jury is still out on OJ as no one seems to know the nature of this resent injury and Jake is rounding out to be a solid middle 6 winger over the next year or so and to be honest I never really saw Jake as much more than that.  I am not saying I think taking Jake was a bad idea, just that there is no scientific ways to choosing the right player all the time.  Jake was taken around where he was expected to go.  I believe for every Jake out there, there is a Brock.  Both can have a positive impact on our teams future.  I try not to get too hung up where players are drafted and look at the draft as a whole.  The only first round pick I had a real problem with was the OJ pick.  I really liked some others around him, specifically McAvoy.

How is Gadjovich taking a big step this season?

From reading Utica threads one would think he is a bust. I don't know enough about him so serious question.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

How is Gadjovich taking a big step this season?

From reading Utica threads one would think he is a bust. I don't know enough about him so serious question.

Naw, he's just had bad luck with injuries.  Only played 3 games so far.

• Hydration 1

I can see Kole Lind developing into a Jannik Hansen type player. Middle six leaning more toward a third liner, smaller guy but with some grit. 

• Hydration 1