The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Thanks for sharing that valuable insight with us.

You're welcome.

14 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Very disappointing!!

Doesn't Kole Lind know his job is to convince YOU, some anonymous poster, that he will have an NHL career???

FIRE KOLE LIND!!!

Stop trolling.

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

k

So we're good then?

24 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

No, not at all. 

:(

I do think he has NHL upside but that expectations should be tempered somewhat. He is on a better track now than he was last year, which is great. But he's still not a good enough prospect that his NHL aspirations are certain; it's more or less a coin flip as to whether he has an NHL career now. And if he does, he still might not turn out to be a very meaningful addition.

He looks much better than he did a year ago, so that much is a good sign... I just see no reason to think Lind has definitely 'made it' at this point, though.

Edited by 112
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, 112 said:

:(

I do think he has NHL upside but that expectations should be tempered somewhat. He is on a better track now than he was last year, which is great. But he's still not a good enough prospect that his NHL aspirations are certain; it's more or less a coin flip as to whether he has an NHL career now. And if he does, he still might not turn out to be a very meaningful addition.

He looks much better than he did a year ago, so that much is a good sign... I just see no reason to think Lind has definitely 'made it' at this point, though.

Thanks for elaborating. 

I don't think anyone has an issue with you questioning whether or not Lind is going to be an NHL player....I'm not sure myself. It's just that the previous post didn't offer any sort of elaboration, and I think that's what folks took issue with. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Thanks for elaborating. 

I don't think anyone has an issue with you questioning whether or not Lind is going to be an NHL player....I'm not sure myself. It's just that the previous post didn't offer any sort of elaboration, and I think that's what folks took issue with. 

I don't think the post was substantially different in meat/content when comparing it to like four of the five above it, honestly.

10 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Just an observation, but Lind, like Miller for the Canucks, takes a ton of faceoffs for Utica. Wonder if, like Jasek, he might get converted to centre? Now that could be simply that Utica has a shortage of talented centres and a surplus of wingers.

Yeah- I was looking over the Utica roster a bit ago and was struck by how few true centres they're running with at the moment.

I think the learning process is funky and that the brain can get better at things if it does a similar task for a time and then returns to the initial one. I don't think Lind is very likely to be a primary centre on the Canucks for the entirety of this core, but I'm all for him being developed to play it sometimes on the Comets; it's possible it would help round out his game in a better way than playing winger all the time would, and it'd be cool if he could take draws for the big team, fill in as C for injuries and play it sometimes if the coach wants to shake the team up and juggle lines--just makes him all the better asset.

Edited by 112

On 1/11/2020 at 1:03 PM, 112 said:

Yeah- I was looking over the Utica roster a bit ago and was struck by how few true centres they're running with at the moment.

I think the learning process is funky and that the brain can get better at things if it does a similar task for a time and then returns to the initial one. I don't think Lind is very likely to be a primary centre on the Canucks for the entirety of this core, but I'm all for him being developed to play it sometimes on the Comets; it's possible it would help round out his game in a better way than playing winger all the time would.

Yeah, along with Jasek, MacEwen has been used both as a centre and a winger (of course he also played both in junior). Not a bad thing though for any of those players to be versatile - both MacEwen and Jasek have also been used on both special teams.

Edited by Ray_Cathode
Correct autocorrect

22 hours ago, 112 said:

I don't think the post was substantially different in meat/content when comparing it to like four of the five above it, honestly.

You're missing the one important part of context: those were positive posts and you're on CDC. Homers will be homers, but at least they're upbeat. You can't expect to throw a random negative post in without explanation, because *that* is trolling.

But it is nice to see he's improved so much this year after a rocky start last year. Players like Lind are prospects for a reason, we have to be patient and see how they develop. Continued improvement will be a good sign, and if he turns into an asset in any form then that's a win for the pick we used on him.

They can't all be Calder candidates and going to the all star game.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Started in the AHL injured (played hurt in the Memorial Cup) and never seemed to completely recover.  His skating suffered and he was just never the same.

He's back in the AHL again! Hopefully he can continue climbing!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1