The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Bailey should get a game....there is no way he couldn't do as much as "little things"...who can't even come close to hitting the net on a slapper from 20 feet out....or Schaller doing anything except on the PK...or Roussell who has disappeared for games now...

I would put both of them in and take 2 of those 3 out...

Lind is next years hot sauce...maybe a bit in the playoffs this year....!

For the most part, we have been playing exceptional hockey for the last 4 or 5 weeks and performing incredibly well as a team, and you want to make changes to that?

Everyone is doing their job, even Eriksson, which is a really nice surprise.

I would love to see what Bailey can do, but not until the current run ends. You don't mess with a winning formula, you change things when you're losing.

Lind, will likely get some games next year, but he's still young and developing.. 

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

For the most part, we have been playing exceptional hockey for the last 4 or 5 weeks and performing incredibly well as a team, and you want to make changes to that?

Everyone is doing their job, even Eriksson, which is a really nice surprise.

I would love to see what Bailey can do, but not until the current run ends. You don't mess with a winning formula, you change things when you're losing.

Lind, will likely get some games next year, but he's still young and developing.. 

Bailey or MacEwen would have looked better than Erikkson or Roussel in that game in Boston...we lost a game in OT then we lost a game outright...time for new blood...

27 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Bailey or MacEwen would have looked better than Erikkson or Roussel in that game in Boston...we lost a game in OT then we lost a game outright...time for new blood...

You're talking 2 games, one we were very much in, one where we were exhausted, 3 games in 4 nights. We are still one of the hottest teams in the last 5 weeks, and you are never going to win all of them. There's ALWAYS going to be games that you are out of, happens to every team in the league. There will always be a fatigue factor at some point in the season.

Now, that said, I would very much like to see Bailey get into a game and see how he performs. I think he has the core talent, hoping that he's finally putting it together at an NHL level.

MacEwen, we already know that he can hold his own in the NHL.

• Cheers 1

Can’t help but think a player like Lind would help push some energy into our lineup getting real sick of players like Rousell sutter Loui schaller and few others just slugging around getting hemmed into their own zone or just throwing pucks at net and retreating to play defense 

12 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Can’t help but think a player like Lind would help push some energy into our lineup getting real sick of players like Rousell sutter Loui schaller and few others just slugging around getting hemmed into their own zone or just throwing pucks at net and retreating to play defense 

No one should have Roussel, Sutter, SChaller or Ericksson pencilled onto the roster for a serious CUP run in 2023. We have to hope that a Lind and other prospects from the system can force their way up onto the big club. Hoping Lind gets a crack next year. 

31 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

No one should have Roussel, Sutter, SChaller or Ericksson pencilled onto the roster for a serious CUP run in 2023. We have to hope that a Lind and other prospects from the system can force their way up onto the big club. Hoping Lind gets a crack next year. 

On a side note I don't begrudge Roussel's play this season. Injuries will slow down anyones play early in the season and especially at an older age.

Im hoping were sellers at the deadline. At least of our expendable players. Obviously not all of these guys but if you get a good offer Id take it.

Sutter, Schaller, Benn, Fantenberg, Tanev, Stecher and Marky (if management think Demko's ready and can acquire a decent backup in return)

Marky

for

Mrazek+Bokk+2nd

18 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Lind should be given some games this season.

And for F### sakes can we see Eriksson sit for that?!? Absolutely sick of him playing in the top6 with Horvat and accomplishing nothing.

Pearson-Horvat-Lind would be a fun line to see at times this year and moving into next

While LE has had a little resurgence this experiment has to come to an end. Hes a boat anchor for the top 6.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Be very careful referencing Eriksson in any negative tone.  Apparently he has rebounded and if you disparage him it is because you hate him.  Problem is the numbers have never supported him. Go figure. Here's his last five games.  MacEwen, Bailey or Lind couldn't accomplish this?

image.png.43af8b35df3656b2fd0c5ef670d4722e.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Borvat said:

Be very careful referencing Eriksson in any negative tone.  Apparently he has rebounded and if you disparage him it is because you hate him.  Problem is the numbers have never supported him. Go figure. Here's his last five games.  MacEwen, Bailey or Lind couldn't accomplish this?

I was actually getting pretty impressed with eriksson for a good 10-15 games there but he just seems to fall back to sleep, the fact he woke up I wonder if there is anyway we could trade him retaining a couple million and getting these guys some reps in the bigs 

3 hours ago, Borvat said:

In a comparable match up role they might have a few more minuses? So in that sense... :P

But yes, he seems to have lost whatever he found for a few weeks there and I sure wouldn't be upset to see him pushed down the lineup/sat in favour of getting Bailey in, particularly with Boeser out.

Something like:

Pearson, Horvat, Gaudette

Miller, Pettersson, Virtanen

Roussel, Sutter, Bailey

Schaller, Beagle, MacEwan/Eriksson 

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

Loui cooling back down is a positive development. Had he continued to play decently, he may have thought that maybe he can still play in the league after this year. With him continuing to struggle, the potential of him making a prideful retirement at the end of this year because he realizes he is no longer up to NHL-par becomes more and more likely.

Edited by Yung1
Woops thought this was the Loui thread
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Oh god...here we go in this thread too.

"Fans" willing to trade Tanev, Marky, Roussel, and Sutter.  Hahah...thank god they have day jobs.

haha will you stop complaining about everything and trolling everyone else? Everyone has their own opinions. Just because yours are "right" doesn't mean anything to anyone else

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Oh god...here we go in this thread too.

"Fans" willing to trade Tanev, Marky, Roussel, and Sutter.  Hahah...thank god they have day jobs.

Tanev and Marky have trade value.  The other two would cost us assets to just to dump.

And we’re not trading anyone anyway.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha will you stop complaining about everything and trolling everyone else? Everyone has their own opinions. Just because yours are "right" doesn't mean anything to anyone else

haha will you stop whining and trying to trade the Canucks best defensive d man? Just because you think it is a good idea, nobody else does...including actual hockey management.

yeah...I can do that too pal...:picard:

• Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

haha will you stop whining and trying to trade the Canucks best defensive d man? Just because you think it is a good idea, nobody else does...including actual hockey management.

yeah...I can do that too pal...:picard:

Speaking in absolutes just shows a lack of imagination.

Is it likely Tanev gets traded? No. Is it possible? Certainly.

I still think it's more likely Stecher would be on the way out (whether this TDL or this summer) but if Benning somehow managed to upgrade our top 4 with a young, RH'd stud D to play with Hughes for the next 5-10 years, it would certainly be possible to then move Tanev (either as part of that deal or separately). 

Again, it's not terribly likely, but it also isn't the complete non-starter you make it out to be.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Speaking in absolutes just shows a lack of imagination.

Is it likely Tanev gets traded? No. Is it possible? Certainly.

I still think it's more likely Stecher would be on the way out (whether this TDL or this summer) but if Benning somehow managed to upgrade our top 4 with a young, RH'd stud D to play with Hughes for the next 5-10 years, it would certainly be possible to then move Tanev (either as part of that deal or separately). 

Again, it's not terribly likely, but it also isn't the complete non-starter you make it out to be.

I think thats going to have to come from within, and that guy might be Rathbone. I could see Rafferty being a placeholder for the next season or so while Rathbone marinates in Utica.

Stecher very likely does get moved at the draft, or just as likely now is allowed to walk as a UFA which I'd be fine with tbh. Kid should be able to pick his spot and we're not getting an earth moving return back anyway.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think thats going to have to come from within, and that guy might be Rathbone. I could see Rafferty being a placeholder for the next season or so while Rathbone marinates in Utica.

Stecher very likely does get moved at the draft, or just as likely now is allowed to walk as a UFA which I'd be fine with tbh. Kid should be able to pick his spot and we're not getting an earth moving return back anyway.

Not thinking big enough Jimmy :P I'm talking a Werenski/Provorov/Parayko level D (which would cost us a lot more than just Stecher or Tanev)

Stecher alone, likely not but I think we could do alright if we packaged him.

• Haha 1