The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Not thinking big enough Jimmy :P I'm talking a Werenski/Provorov/Parayko level D (which would cost us a lot more than just Stecher or Tanev)

Stecher alone, likely not but I think we could do alright if we packaged him.

I'm trying to contain myself. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm trying to contain myself. 

Again, none of this is REMOTELY likely but if Jim could add a D of that caliber for some of our forward depth and one of our lesser, expiring D, it's certainly something worth exploring IMO.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Again, none of this is REMOTELY likely but if Jim could add a D of that caliber for some of our forward depth and one of our lesser, expiring D, it's certainly something worth exploring IMO.

oh for sure, we're just short on picks, cap space and tradable assets :lol:

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

Not thinking big enough Jimmy :P I'm talking a Werenski/Provorov/Parayko level D (which would cost us a lot more than just Stecher or Tanev)

Stecher alone, likely not but I think we could do alright if we packaged him.

Werenski recently broke the CBJ franchise record for goals by a defensemen with 1/3 of the season remaining and missing games earlier in the year. The previous holder of the record? Also Werenski.

I seriously, seriously doubt he'd be a possibility to acquire unless you want to give up Pettersson.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Werenski recently broke the CBJ franchise record for goals by a defensemen with 1/3 of the season remaining and missing games earlier in the year. The previous holder of the record? Also Werenski.

I seriously, seriously doubt he'd be a possibility to acquire unless you want to give up Pettersson.

Yeah, I don't think we're actually acquiring Werenski....

1 minute ago, hobart16 said:

Heard a great story about Kole Lind last night at the game.  Apparently, the Canucks brought in a skating coach for the Comets for the first time and he took a look at Lind at the end of the year last year and measured him for new, custom skates. Lind's were two sizes too big and were the same off the shelf skates he used in junior.  Now look at him.  He is a different player this year. 

Kind of surprising a professional player didn’t have custom skates provided by the team from day one.  Shouldn’t the Canucks be providing custom skates for all their pro players? 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Kind of surprising a professional player didn’t have custom skates provided by the team from day one.  Shouldn’t the Canucks be providing custom skates for all their pro players? 

More surprising is they only had one session with a skating coach the entire year? Development of young players on your farm team is not a place you want to cheap out, especially a team that is doing well financially. I heard an interview with Ferraro, that the biggest advantage a team with deep pockets has is the ability to develop prospects by bringing in the best coaches for stuff like skills and skating on a regular basis.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Alflives said:

Paul Coffey used to wear skates way too small - same as he wore in junior. I guess players wear what they think works for them.  Thankfully we have somebody looking at this stuff.

13 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

I think they get 10% off at Sport Check 

Hard to believe but not the first story heard about what appears to be casual approach to the details of development. One of the advantages of Utica is supposed to be a easier travel sched which would allow more practice and off ice training. Not fully informed but it appears that the off ice program has not been developed as much as one would expect.  

• Like 1

The skating coach is working with them throughout the year. He caught Lind’s wacky skate set up early is all. Kind of crazy that he would have skates two sizes too big. The players choose their equipment of course and he just went with what he always had. Had gotten pretty far with his choices to that point. Of course his improvement this year is due to several other factors. Experience strength training. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, hobart16 said:

I've heard similar stories about stick flex and blade curve changes for some players.  In fact I wondered if Edler switched his flex or weight as the incidences of broken sticks for him are way down.  

Fewer broken sticks is because of a drastic decrease in the number of slapshots - he mostly uses the wrister now - which is why more of his shots are getting through.