The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Fewer broken sticks is because of a drastic decrease in the number of slapshots - he mostly uses the wrister now - which is why more of his shots are getting through.

his PP time is down so I guess his opportunities to break sticks are too.  I can't think of the last time he broke a stick 

I wonder if he needs another year in the AHL or whether he'll compete for a roster spot next season. It's going to be pretty tight to get onto the Canucks next year, with most of the same faces returning next year, but Lind could be quite an explosive bottom-9 forward for us going forward. I still think he's 1-2 years out but you never know, Gaudette impressed enough to steal ice-time and Lind is progressing so quickly that he may do the same.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wonder if he needs another year in the AHL or whether he'll compete for a roster spot next season. It's going to be pretty tight to get onto the Canucks next year, with most of the same faces returning next year, but Lind could be quite an explosive bottom-9 forward for us going forward. I still think he's 1-2 years out but you never know, Gaudette impressed enough to steal ice-time and Lind is progressing so quickly that he may do the same.

For us to fit guys like Marky, Tanev, Jake, and others under the cap we are going to need cheap cap hits playing on the team too.  That likely means guys on ELCs who are better players than journeyman players who get paid similar amounts.  Lind might replace Leivo.  Wouldn’t that save us a million?  Heck, if Jake is going to get 3 million, then he might (for cap reasons) have to be replaced by a cheaper ELC player like Hoglander.  While we are stuck with the Loui, Sutter, Rooster, and Baer (18 million total) contracts there are going to be some valuable players who we lose as a consequence.   

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

For us to fit guys like Marky, Tanev, Jake, and others under the cap we are going to need cheap cap hits playing on the team too.  That likely means guys on ELCs who are better players than journeyman players who get paid similar amounts.  Lind might replace Leivo.  Wouldn’t that save us a million?  Heck, if Jake is going to get 3 million, then he might (for cap reasons) have to be replaced by a cheaper ELC player like Hoglander.  While we are stuck with the Loui, Sutter, Rooster, and Baer (18 million total) contracts there are going to be some valuable players who we lose as a consequence.   

IMHO fans should be looking at the CAP structure of the Canucks for hints on where Benning has to go with his roster. If the bottom line goal is being a serious CUP contender in 2023 then hard decisions have to be made by the TDL or this summer. 

Baer - gone

Goldy - gone

Schaller - gone

Ferland - LTIR 

Ericksson - some kind of deal or buyout, has to go

Leivo, Virtanen, Mott: resigned 

Roussel, Sutter: one will go

Fantenberg: good season I would resign

Stecher: Great team guy but if Tryamkin is coming back he has to be moved

Tanev: a solid season and a 4D or 5D on a Cup contender. His CAP and term hit probably determine whether he stays. IMO term can only be 3 years.

Marky: has to be resigned

Demko: has not got enough games for a decision

Unknowns:

Tryamkin: is he coming back or not? Will Benning know in time to react to other moves he might make? 

CAP Limit: Bettman is renegotiating the American TV contract. A new deal has every potential of solving a lot of contract CAP issues. Rumors of $10 to $15 million a year to each NHL club might be coming. For teams like Vancouver this would be a game savor.  

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

IMHO fans should be looking at the CAP structure of the Canucks for hints on where Benning has to go with his roster. If the bottom line goal is being a serious CUP contender in 2023 then hard decisions have to be made by the TDL or this summer. 

Baer - gone

Goldy - gone

Schaller - gone

Ferland - LTIR 

Ericksson - some kind of deal or buyout, has to go

Leivo, Virtanen, Mott: resigned 

Roussel, Sutter: one will go

Fantenberg: good season I would resign

Stecher: Great team guy but if Tryamkin is coming back he has to be moved

Tanev: a solid season and a 4D or 5D on a Cup contender. His CAP and term hit probably determine whether he stays. IMO term can only be 3 years.

Marky: has to be resigned

Demko: has not got enough games for a decision

Unknowns:

Tryamkin: is he coming back or not? Will Benning know in time to react to other moves he might make? 

CAP Limit: Bettman is renegotiating the American TV contract. A new deal has every potential of solving a lot of contract CAP issues. Rumors of $10 to $15 million a year to each NHL club might be coming. For teams like Vancouver this would be a game savor.  

Baertschi will be gone before next season, possibly at the deadline.

Markstrom will be resigned, I think around 6 million 

Eriksson, I believe will retire this summer, after receiving his next bonus.

Schaller won’t be resigned

Ferland, I also believe will stay on LTIR for the rest of his contract 

Goldobin, doesn’t matter if we keep or not, I think we will qualify him as there’s a lot of talent there is he can figure things out on consistency 

Stecher, I think gets traded this summer, possibly before the draft as part of a package to regain a first round pick. This will make room for Tryamkin

Tanev I believe gets resigned for around 6 million per

Good post, I think we are closer to really competing than a lot of people think.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Baertschi will be gone before next season, possibly at the deadline.

Markstrom will be resigned, I think around 6 million 

Eriksson, I believe will retire this summer, after receiving his next bonus.

Schaller won’t be resigned

Ferland, I also believe will stay on LTIR for the rest of his contract 

Goldobin, doesn’t matter if we keep or not, I think we will qualify him as there’s a lot of talent there is he can figure things out on consistency 

Stecher, I think gets traded this summer, possibly before the draft as part of a package to regain a first round pick. This will make room for Tryamkin

Tanev I believe gets resigned for around 6 million per

Good post, I think we are closer to really competing than a lot of people think.

Love to keep both Tanev and Marky.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 2/14/2020 at 1:17 PM, hobart16 said:

The skating coach is working with them throughout the year. He caught Lind’s wacky skate set up early is all. Kind of crazy that he would have skates two sizes too big. The players choose their equipment of course and he just went with what he always had. Had gotten pretty far with his choices to that point. Of course his improvement this year is due to several other factors. Experience strength training. 

Hobart - I haven't been following Kole Lind's development at all.  Is he a player that plays with edge?  Would you say that he compares to a player like David Bolland who was driving us Canucks fans crazy with his agitating and aggressive style of hockey back in 2008 to 2011?  Would you say he's got the makings of an Alex Burrows type player?

1 hour ago, bullishfor2012 said:

Hobart - I haven't been following Kole Lind's development at all.  Is he a player that plays with edge?  Would you say that he compares to a player like David Bolland who was driving us Canucks fans crazy with his agitating and aggressive style of hockey back in 2008 to 2011?  Would you say he's got the makings of an Alex Burrows type player?

he's a pesky winger like a Marchand or Mathew Tkachuk.  hes a guy that can play in between whistles too.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hoglander   Gaudette    Lind

That would be a pesky 3rd line...

Where would Virtanen slot in? Assuming that Lind makes it to the NHL  and Höglander too. There's no gaurantee that either of those two guys make it to the NHL and become productive NHL players. 

I'm hoping of course that Lind makes it and so does Höglander. that'd be such a boost to the organization's depth. Would be amazing. 

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Where would Virtanen slot in? Assuming that Lind makes it to the NHL  and Höglander too. There's no gaurantee that either of those two guys make it to the NHL and become productive NHL players. 

I'm hoping of course that Lind makes it and so does Höglander. that'd be such a boost to the organization's depth. Would be amazing. 

I'd play Virtanen and Podkolzin with BO.  That would be our shutdown line.  Lotto Line, Nasty Line, Shutdown Line.  I don't think we are going to re-sign Pearson...

• Like 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I'd play Virtanen and Podkolzin with BO.  That would be our shutdown line.  Lotto Line, Nasty Line, Shutdown Line.  I don't think we are going to re-sign Pearson...

As the games have ramped up Pearson has disappeared.  

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

As the games have ramped up Pearson has disappeared.  

I agree.  I don't think I would re-sign him.  He'd want over $4 million.  I'd rather go with Jake and Podz with BO and roll the dice.  Podkolzin is going to be a beauty.  Put Jake on the left wing where he belongs and that would be a great line I think.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  I don't think I would re-sign him.  He'd want over $4 million.  I'd rather go with Jake and Podz with BO and roll the dice.  Podkolzin is going to be a beauty.  Put Jake on the left wing where he belongs and that would be a great line I think.

Yeah I'm not against this. I do have a feeling he'll turn it up in his contract year though. Hopefully virt continues to take steps in the right direction and we wont miss pearson at all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Lind Jasek Madden Pod Hog BigMac. We got options, no need to worry about Pearson if he wants a kings ransom he can go to Ottawa and ask

1 minute ago, gurn said:

So, how good has Pearson's center been over the last few games?

I’d like to see Cole Lind come up and play with Bo.  Lind plays with passion and that would help Bo.  Or, is it our coach’s systems that are causing this passive, chase the game play?  

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

So, how good has Pearson's center been over the last few games?

It's the Loui effect.  Loui has zero points in his last 8 games.  No empty netters to speak of.  Loui is the engine of that line.  Without him going that line is barely average really.  We need Loui to step it up...

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's the Loui effect.  Loui has zero points in his last 8 games.  No empty netters to speak of.  Loui is the engine of that line.  Without him going that line is barely average really.  We need Loui to step it up...

The Loui effect might cost us the ability to sign both Marky and Tanev.  Thinking of Loui’s effect on our cap, and ability to resign our own much needed players makes me :sick:

• Upvote 1