The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

The Loui effect might cost us the ability to sign both Marky and Tanev.  Thinking of Loui’s effect on our cap, and ability to resign our own much needed players makes me :sick:

He's going to retire after he gets he $3 million bonus in the summer.  He's not going to play the entire year for only $1 million, especially if we send him to Utica.  The last year of his deal he can make up by playing in Sweden for a couple years.  I think this is the plan already laid out for Loui.  That's why he hasn't been sent to Utica this year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's going to retire after he gets he $3 million bonus in the summer.  He's not going to play the entire year for only $1 million, especially if we send him to Utica.  The last year of his deal he can make up by playing in Sweden for a couple years.  I think this is the plan already laid out for Loui.  That's why he hasn't been sent to Utica this year.

That’s got to be the plan.  

On 2/13/2020 at 9:47 AM, Alflives said:

Kind of surprising a professional player didn’t have custom skates provided by the team from day one.  Shouldn’t the Canucks be providing custom skates for all their pro players? 

I would think that contractors would have their own equipment, its not like the players don't get paid enough money

Just now, Alflives said:

True, but we are developing players, and skating is the most important quality of being a player. 

totally agree on skating being the most important quality in a player but there's plenty of players out there and I would think again it has to be the players responsibility to supply top notch equipment for themselves

1 minute ago, Sbriggs said:

totally agree on skating being the most important quality in a player but there's plenty of players out there and I would think again it has to be the players responsibility to supply top notch equipment for themselves

Cole said he had never lived on his own before he went to Utica.  He said he didn’t even know how to food shop and cook.  We need to support our prospects with skates that fit, at least.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Cole said he had never lived on his own before he went to Utica.  He said he didn’t even know how to food shop and cook.  We need to support our prospects with skates that fit, at least.  

Hey he's not a maid or a cook, he's a hockey player, he should at least know his equipment shouldn't he? Could you imagine a framer who needed to be supplied a hammer and measuring tape?

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

As the games have ramped up Pearson has disappeared.  

He has a rep for being hot and cold. He has had a better than expected season and should help the kids n playoffs. It doesn't change what Benning has to do with every player. Evaluate performance against those who can replace them. Will Pearson be a top 6 player in 2023 and if he is will he contribute to a serious CUP run? 

On 2/17/2020 at 2:11 PM, Boudrias said:

He has a rep for being hot and cold. He has had a better than expected season and should help the kids n playoffs. It doesn't change what Benning has to do with every player. Evaluate performance against those who can replace them. Will Pearson be a top 6 player in 2023 and if he is will he contribute to a serious CUP run? 

No Pearson will not be in the top 6 or even top 9 in 2023.  But Kole Lind will.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I think he gets the Big Mac treatment.

Main call up and sticks around when injuries happen. Groom him to be a regular the following year.

Benning said he sees Mac as a regular next year.

Benning also said he sees a minimum of 7 kids making it to the big club in the next 2-3 years...

MacEwen

Lind

Rafferty

Juolevi

Hogs

Podz

Bailey

Still leaves Rathbone,  Woo, Jasek, Costmar and Mcdonough as well as Focht and Tryamkin as well as DiPietro all with great chances to make it.

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMO Rathbone will be on the Canucks within two years.  He’s 21 and physically and emotionally mature.  He’s maybe even ready now. Kid is going to be a seriously good player for us. 

Ya...I would have put Rathbone in the "7" ...but there was already 2 D in the top 7 and Tryamkin could come back which would make it just about impossible for all 4 D. to make it within 3 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Ya...I would have put Rathbone in the "7" ...but there was already 2 D in the top 7 and Tryamkin could come back which would make it just about impossible for all 4 D. to make it within 3 years.

Edler, Stecher, Fatenberg, Benn and maybe Tanev will all be gone by end of next year.  So there will be lots of spots open for the young guys.  If Benning decides to re-sign Tanev and Edler then there will still be 3 spots open minimum by end of next year.

I could see Tryamkin, Juolevi and Rafferty taking those spots.  Rathbone, Woo and Brisebois would also be in the mix.  We could also make a trade if we re-sign Toffoli.  I could see us trading Brock for a top 4 Dman.  We have lots of young prospects on D. 

16 hours ago, Tystick said:

I think Kole Lind makes the team next season.

Looks like he's taken significant strides.

I think he'll be given a really good look in camp, but I think he'll just be one of the first ones on the ladder for call ups. I think he has made significant progress, but I think he still has work to do and that the Canucks will want him playing significant minutes, not just sitting on the 4th line.

• Cheers 3

23 hours ago, TGT68 said:

No Pearson will not be in the top 6 or even top 9 in 2023.  But Kole Lind will.  

I mean Pearson's not THAT old.  

Kole Lind will be ecstatic if he attains the level of play of Pearson in the NHL.  Everyone online overrates prospects simply because they are prospects.