The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

On 2/17/2020 at 12:23 AM, bullishfor2012 said:

Hobart - I haven't been following Kole Lind's development at all.  Is he a player that plays with edge?  Would you say that he compares to a player like David Bolland who was driving us Canucks fans crazy with his agitating and aggressive style of hockey back in 2008 to 2011?  Would you say he's got the makings of an Alex Burrows type player?

I would. He is an agitator and he has come a long way this year. And consistent too. He will press for a position next year.  I think another year in the weight room won’t hurt him and will give him a little more credibility in front of the net. 

Edited by hobart16
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Forward-wise we probably don't see anybody new save for FAs and Mac. Need some legit gritty players.

Defense we're gonna see Rafferty in top 6

Lind will probably be like Mac next season and be the first call-up

I think the Canucks still see Lind as if he was a 1st rounder, as quoted in my signature, he would have only said that if they think Lind should have went in round 1. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I don't think Bailey is in the 7, since he isn't really a prospect.  He has over 50 games of previous NHL experience and was a 2013 draft pick that's now in his 3rd NHL organization. That's journeymen territory. In the same stage of his career as Boucher

Lind is looking really good.  Sure like to see him on Bo’s wing instead of Little Things. 

• Haha 1

Lind is definitely in that group of prospects Benning mentioned. Which is great considering last year.

Podz

Hoglander

Lind

Woo

Rathbone

Rafferty

Juolevi

are the 7 I see. Personally I think MacEwen has graduated and is just waiting for a full time spot to open up.

After those seven I see McDonough, Brisebois, Jasek and DiPietro as the next group that could be slotted in as NHLer's

On 2/19/2020 at 8:43 AM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Benning also said he sees a minimum of 7 kids making it to the big club in the next 2-3 years...

MacEwen

Lind

Rafferty

Juolevi

Hogs

Podz

Bailey

Still leaves Rathbone,  Woo, Jasek, Costmar and Mcdonough as well as Focht and Tryamkin as well as DiPietro all with great chances to make it.

I don't see Bailey having a future here or even consider a part of that 7. 

Big fast guy but doesn't use his size unlike Mac. He also is't a kid anymore. He's only a few months younger than Bo who's turning 25.

7 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don't see Bailey having a future here or even consider a part of that 7. 

Big fast guy but doesn't use his size unlike Mac. He also is't a kid anymore. He's only a few months younger than Bo who's turning 25.

But how would Bailey do if given an opportunity on an offensive line?  3 hattricks in 4 AHL games should have at least given him a chance to show what he could (or couldn't) do in that position.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

But how would Bailey do if given an opportunity on an offensive line?  3 hattricks in 4 AHL games should have at least given him a chance to show what he could (or couldn't) do in that position.

I reckon he wouldn't do much better than Boucher. We're also in a tough position, if we were like 15 points ahead in the Pacific we could give some guys extended looks.

We need legit top 6 players to surround around our young players anyway and have good prospects at FWD. Hopefully Toffoli gets re-signed, it would round out our top 6 till Hog/Pod get established to the NHL game. I doubt either of them are gonna have a significant impact right away like Petey/Brock/Hughes.

Only opens spots we will have is in our bottom 6 and we need grittier players down there.

Bigger concern at D with a lack of serious D prospects. A lot of guys with some promise but nothing on a Pod/Hog level.

• Cheers 2

I remember how excited Benning was when Lind was still available at the draft. At that time, it seemed to me Lind was a really great pick and would join the team soon. But Lind was drafted almost 3 years ago and still hasn't had any NHL time. Is he close to making this team?  Or is he the offensive equivalent to Juolevi?

7 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Big fast guy's don't grow on trees....and he does hit...

bullcrap

Hardly compared to Mac, Fer or even Motte who's half his size.

No room for guys who're big, fast, don't use the body and are only AHL scorers turning 25. No need for anyone who doesn't bring a physical presence in the bottom 6. We've got guys ahead of him that are much younger.

We don't need half assers in the bottom 6. Get me someone legitimately gritty, not an AHLer.

We're trying to build a playoff team. We can't mess around.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

41 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

bullcrap

Hardly compared to Mac, Fer or even Motte who's half his size.

No room for guys who're big, fast, don't use the body and are only AHL scorers turning 25. No need for anyone who doesn't bring a physical presence in the bottom 6. We've got guys ahead of him that are much younger.

We don't need half assers in the bottom 6. Get me someone legitimately gritty, not an AHLer.

We're trying to build a playoff team. We can't mess around.

I didn't say he was an enforcer...and he may not hit in the AHL but he had 2 hits in the game he played and he said he was going to hit and do whatever it takes to stick.

Bailey deserves a better shot than one 4th line game.

As for Lind....I still see a bit of Burrows in him and it  took Burrows more than awhile to find his way...!

...so no Bullcrap....

Edited by Rollieo Del Fuego
non of your business....

3 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I didn't say he was an enforcer...and he may not hit in the AHL but he had 2 hits in the game he played and he said he was going to hit and do whatever it takes to stick.

Bailey deserves a better shot than one 4th line game.

As for Lind....I still see a bit of Burrows in him and it  took Burrows more than awhile to find his way...!

...so no Bullcrap....

I see Lind getting the Mac treatment. First call up, sticks around when injuries hit and gets used to coaches and players, groomed to be a regular the following year. He has top 9 potential and a lot more than Bailey.

Rather have someone that is already established than someone who isn't. He's gonna have to change his game and we would be a much better team if we acquired someone who does bring in an intimidating physical presence consistently than hope than someone who hasn't does.

Martin, Reaves, there are a number of FAs i'd rather have and that would be better and for a team that lacks that sort of pushback and play we need those type of players.

We want to be a playoff team right? so lets do it the right way. We need legit grit and Bailey isn't that.

That's where I am getting at.

• Cheers 1