The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

I think that Lind is why Madden got dealt.  I think that Benning sees us having a heavy, talented, and fast top 9 going forward.

Miller-EP-Boeser

Pod-Hovat-Hoglander

Virtanen-Gaudette-Lind

....In whatever order you see fit....

Who was Madden going to bounce from that list?  I feel that Lind and Madden were both looking at the same slot.  Lind is tracking the same or better at this point, and fits the physical mold that Benning is after.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I think that Lind is why Madden got dealt.  I think that Benning sees us having a heavy, talented, and fast top 9 going forward.

Miller-EP-Boeser

Pod-Hovat-Hoglander

Virtanen-Gaudette-Lind

....In whatever order you see fit....

Who was Madden going to bounce from that list?  I feel that Lind and Madden were both looking at the same slot.  Lind is tracking the same or better at this point, and fits the physical mold that Benning is after.

I 100% agree.  But why not use Madden as sweetener in a deal to dump Loui, Sutter, or Baer?  Kind of a waste on the Tofu deal.  

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I 100% agree.  But why not use Madden as sweetener in a deal to dump Loui, Sutter, or Baer?  Kind of a waste on the Tofu deal.  

I don't think you need much of a sweetener to move Sutter, he is not a cap dump.  Baer will be bought out or retire.  Demko will be added to LE to move him.  I personally love the Toffoli deal he is a great fit on the 1st line. If we miss the playoffs, it's cause Demko has been atrocious in his opportunity to prove himself. What a disappointment, he cost us 3 points on that trip.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

8 hours ago, BCNate said:

I don't think you need much of a sweetener to move Sutter, he is not a cap dump.  Baer will be bought out or retire.  Demko will be added to LE to move him.  I personally love the Toffoli deal he is a great fit on the 1st line. If we miss the playoffs, it's cause Demko has been atrocious in his opportunity to prove himself. What a disappointment, he cost us 3 points on that trip.

Unfair to say he costed us, the team started slow all but 1 game and than the one game we started fasted we slowed down

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, BCNate said:

What an awful post

• Cheers 1

On 2/29/2020 at 7:34 AM, stawns said:

I don't think there's any doubt that's he's one of the "7" JB was talking about.  I think he's a far more complete player than Goldy, but not sure we see him in Van next season.

I see him as a tanner Pearson type

On 2/29/2020 at 7:34 AM, stawns said:

I don't think there's any doubt that's he's one of the "7" JB was talking about.  I think he's a far more complete player than Goldy, but not sure we see him in Van next season.

He'll probably be the call up guy like McEwen was for us this season. Logging the mileage between Utica and Vancouver

11 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Unfair to say he costed us, the team started slow all but 1 game and than the one game we started fasted we slowed down

Giving up the first shot and two on the first 5 minutes in 3 straight games shows you are not ready to play.  Giving up a goal in the first 30 seconds of a close game in the 3rd period in back to back games shows the same.  He needs to show up and make a few big saves or this team is done. 

21 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Cool, love to see what you don't agree with and why

Probably your lack of support for our rookie goaltender. The huge disappointment he’s been for us. It’s these kind of comments that really grind a guy. The complete lack of faith in someone’s ability. It’s gross

• Wat 1

7 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Probably your lack of support for our rookie goaltender. The huge disappointment he’s been for us. It’s these kind of comments that really grind a guy. The complete lack of faith in someone’s ability. It’s gross

The fact that he was not ready to play in any of his 3 starts is a huge disappointment.  He is 24 years old and has a chance to prove himself and was not ready to play.  It is not lack of faith in ability, the ability to play is there, the willingness to compete was not.  A huge part of that is be ready, he was not.  That is not acceptable at this stage of the season.

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

The fact that he was not ready to play in any of his 3 starts is a huge disappointment.  He is 24 years old and has a chance to prove himself and was not ready to play.  It is not lack of faith in ability, the ability to play is there, the willingness to compete was not.  A huge part of that is be ready, he was not.  That is not acceptable at this stage of the season.

You have no idea the mentality of a goalie. And how fragile ones mind can be after a bad goal. He’s obviously been nervous since Marky has been down. It was absolutely NOTHING to do with a willingness to compete. He’s a rookie and the struggles have been more then normal. He’s going to fine because he’s gone through every level before this and has risen to the occasion  

5 hours ago, BCNate said:

I actually agreed with your original post but saying that his willingness to compete wasn’t there is just such a far reach. 
None of us conducted a psychological assessment or interviewed Demko between periods. 

8 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I actually agreed with your original post but saying that his willingness to compete wasn’t there is just such a far reach. 
None of us conducted a psychological assessment or interviewed Demko between periods. 

Sure, but don't omit the fact that he was looking to the bench right after Mathews goal.

11 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Sure, but don't omit the fact that he was looking to the bench right after Mathews goal.

Yeah his confidence was low no doubt 

Demko, looks over at the bench thinking " Wonder if Coach is calling a time out like that other game"

Many Vancouver fans thinking "OMG Demko's confidence is shot, he's looking to the bench to get pulled"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Demko, looks over at the bench thinking " Wonder if Coach is calling a time out like that other game"

Many Vancouver fans thinking "OMG Demko's confidence is shot, he's looking to the bench to get pulled"

How often do you see coaches call a time out 5 minutes into a 2-1 game that has been pretty evenly played?

1 hour ago, gurn said:

I honestly thought that he might get pulled. 

That second goal was one of the worst goals given up all season by a Canucks goalie. 

Edit: Back to Lind! 

Edited by VancouverHabitant

On 3/2/2020 at 10:55 AM, Alflives said:

Yeah....why trade a tiny centre prospect for a legit tough top 6 forward!!

Outrage!!!!!!!!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1