The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

9 hours ago, BCNate said:

Giving up the first shot and two on the first 5 minutes in 3 straight games shows you are not ready to play.  Giving up a goal in the first 30 seconds of a close game in the 3rd period in back to back games shows the same.  He needs to show up and make a few big saves or this team is done. 

Never said he played good, just saying it’s unfair to say it was just him.

7 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

Lind is ready for a look . He is a élite playmaker that will excel at this level is a driver and plays with sand paper. Will make the team next year. 

Will keep getting better as well.  Need to trade a few players this off season.  

Stecher, Roussell, Ferland?, Leivo, Erickson, Benn all need to go to give the kids some room.  

On 3/7/2020 at 5:14 AM, vannuck59 said:

Lind is ready for a look . He is a élite playmaker that will excel at this level is a driver and plays with sand paper. Will make the team next year. 

Same as someone above, I suspect he will get the MacEwan treatment next year and be the call up who plays rather than sits in the box for long stretches.

One great thing is we have solid enough prospects that we can afford to trade away some good roster players for assets or to get rid of dead cap.  We might actually be able to roll in cheese younger guys for a few years and add assets in return for other club controlled players.

If we re-sign Toffoli, I have zero heartache with trading Virtanen and using MacEwan in that third line spot.  You could probably get a good return for Virtanen (or gain is a bunch of cap space which is just as good).

On the right side having a top three lines with Toffoli, Boeser, and MacEwan is pretty solid.

Lind maybe even as a 4th liner if he excels during training camp, or any other leftover veteran we can’t ditch in that spot is fine.

We are also only a season away from Podkolzin absolutely being in the lineup as RW.  Benning has said outright they plan on him coming right to the NHL and not the AHL.

That leaves us completely set on RW for a long time and maybe even down the road being able to trade Boeser for a haul and replace him with Podkolzin.

• 4 weeks later...
On March 11, 2020 at 1:50 PM, Provost said:

Same as someone above, I suspect he will get the MacEwan treatment next year and be the call up who plays rather than sits in the box for long stretches.

One great thing is we have solid enough prospects that we can afford to trade away some good roster players for assets or to get rid of dead cap.  We might actually be able to roll in cheese younger guys for a few years and add assets in return for other club controlled players.

If we re-sign Toffoli, I have zero heartache with trading Virtanen and using MacEwan in that third line spot.  You could probably get a good return for Virtanen (or gain is a bunch of cap space which is just as good).

On the right side having a top three lines with Toffoli, Boeser, and MacEwan is pretty solid.

Lind maybe even as a 4th liner if he excels during training camp, or any other leftover veteran we can’t ditch in that spot is fine.

We are also only a season away from Podkolzin absolutely being in the lineup as RW.  Benning has said outright they plan on him coming right to the NHL and not the AHL.

That leaves us completely set on RW for a long time and maybe even down the road being able to trade Boeser for a haul and replace him with Podkolzin.

There are wingers coming down the pipe younger and maybe more talented which we will see soon enough...Podkoizin, 19, 6'1  1st or 2nd line, Hoglander top 6, Lind 21 should be a trop 9 forward in a few years 2022 season..

We have watched how big MacEwen 23, 6'3, has improved every season and now NHL ready..If Lind continues his hard work in the off season and his skating he will be a NHL winger soon enough..

Edited by wildcam

38 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Will be very interesting to see progress Lind. There are wingers coming down the pipe younger and maybe more talented which we will see soon enough...Podkoizin, 19, 6'1  1st or 2nd line, Hoglander top 6, Lind 21 should be a trop 9 forward in a few years 2022 season..

We have watched how big MacEwen 23, 6'3, has improved every season and now NHL ready..If Lind continues his hard work in the off season with skating he will be a NHL winger soon enough..

... and I am not worried like some folks are if we end up with too many talented players for the roster.  That is when you can make trades to make a space for the new up and coming guy that is pushing to be on the roster.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 3/11/2020 at 1:50 PM, Provost said:

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I've always thought Jake plays better off the LW. Shoots harder. Looks way more comfortable. If theres a glut at RW put Jake on LW.

I do not disagree with this comment

and if that is what JB wants to do and the result is positive, I am all for it!

If however, JB is not in favor of it, and if the return is solid

I am not against moving him...……...

As I am not against moving anyone "IF" the return is positive.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Provost said:

... and I am not worried like some folks are if we end up with too many talented players for the roster.  That is when you can make trades to make a space for the new up and coming guy that is pushing to be on the roster.

I agree and get more draft picks or trade for depth in a weaker position....Its a good problem to have ...

16 hours ago, wildcam said:

I agree and get more draft picks or trade for depth in a weaker position....Its a good problem to have ...

Ya, I think people are used to the spare bodies being older players on bad value contracts... those are hard to get rid of.

If we have too many good RWers and need to move Boeser or Virtanen.... that isn’t going to cause us any issues.  Ideally that is what happens and when we aren’t drafting high, we can occasionally trade away good players for high picks or blue chip prospects.

it may happen as early as this offseason depending on who can can re-sign.  Demko and Virtanen could possibly be moveable.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Provost said:

Ya, I think people are used to the spare bodies being older players on bad vlIe contracts... those are hard to get rid of.

If we have too many good RWers and need to move Boeser or Virtanen.... that isn’t going to cause us any issues.  Ideally that is what happens and when we aren’t drafting high, we can occasionally trade away good players for high picks or blue chip prospects.

it may happen as early as this offseason depending on who can can re-sign.  Demko and Virtanen could possibly be moveable.

Yes and we will have to move a goalie before expansion draft June 2022...

Demko should get us a good draft pick between 25th - 40th and say young prospect under 23..

Jake is scary to move have to be a top D prospect in return..I see Jake a  22-25 goal scorer, gritty power forward every team will want...

Boser - Could also bring back a top end player..

If we sign Taffoli to 4 yr deal things could get interesting..

Hope Jim moves away from Tanev UFA save that 4.5 million and  trade for top #2 D man under 27 years old...

Maybe with Covid -19 and league cap issues, maybe there will be a 1 player buyout clause ?...

Imagine Erickson and 6 million off cap...Big big celebration ..

Will be a interesting off season..

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, wildcam said:

Yes and we will have to move a goalie before expansion draft June 2022...

Demko should get us a good draft pick between 25th - 40th and say young prospect under 23..

Jake is scary to move have to be a top D prospect in return..I see Jake a  22-25 goal scorer, gritty power forward every team will want...

Boser - Could also bring back a top end player..

If we sign Taffoli to 4 yr deal things could get interesting..

Hope Jim moves away from Tanev UFA save that 4.5 million and  trade for top #2 D man under 27 years old...

Maybe with Covid -19 and league cap issues, maybe there will be a 1 player buyout clause ?...

Imagine Erickson and 6 million off cap...Big big celebration ..

Will be a interesting off season..

Jeez. I'd hate to move Jake because of what you said about him. I see Jake as being a pivotal player for the Canucks. 

With that being said, I hope the league gives a 1 player buyout. Buying out Ericksson and his 6 million dollar tag would be a huge bonus. Would allow Toffoli resigning, and the others as well like Gaudette, Virtanen. I'd let Tanev go. It's time for the Canucks and him to move on, especially if he's going to cost too much to retain. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...