The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Look at the points and PIM's he had........wow.

#6 – Red Deer Rebels
Name: Kalan Lind                                Position: Forward             Hometown: Shaunavon, Sask.
Previous Team: Swift Current Bantam AA Broncos
Stats:  27 GP – 68G – 52A – 120PTS –  90 PIM

42 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Look at the points and PIM's he had........wow.

#6 – Red Deer Rebels
Name: Kalan Lind                                Position: Forward             Hometown: Shaunavon, Sask.
Previous Team: Swift Current Bantam AA Broncos
Stats:  27 GP – 68G – 52A – 120PTS –  90 PIM

Could perhaps turn into another early round pick. Jack/Quinn Hughes's younger brother is also probably gonna be a top 10 pick in 2021. He's a defenseman too.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:52 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

Could perhaps turn into another early round pick. Jack/Quinn Hughes's younger brother is also probably gonna be a top 10 pick in 2021. He's a defenseman too.

If JB can some how make some moves to acquire a top 10 pick in the 2021 draft, I will love to bring in Luke Hughes to the Canucks. We need more quality blueliner who can move the puck and Luke Hughes has the potential to be even better than Quinn :shock:

On 4/24/2020 at 10:49 AM, ruilin96 said:

If JB can some how make some moves to acquire a top 10 pick in the 2021 draft, I will love to bring in Luke Hughes to the Canucks. We need more quality blueliner who can move the puck and Luke Hughes has the potential to be even better than Quinn :shock:

If he's got the potential to be even better then he'll be a top 3 pick for sure!  

This may not sit well with everyone, but I really hope that we can trade Brock to Minnesota for their unprotected 1st round pick in 2021 and a defenceman.  

We need cap space to resign Toffoli and we are going to have a 1 year gap of no significant young players as we'll be without our 1st and 2nd round picks this year.  2021 would be a nice year to go into having two 1st round picks.  

Kole Lind is going to be a beast for the Canucks at a "Kesler Level"...gotta a good feeling about Lind....he might even get to a Linden level but that would be a stretch.

In fact, I'll take it to a confidence level of Lind making JV expendable.

Lind will flourish under mentor ship by JT Miller.

Edited by Pete M

5 hours ago, Pete M said:

Kole Lind is going to be a beast for the Canucks at a "Kesler Level"...gotta a good feeling about Lind....he might even get to a Linden level but that would be a stretch.

Sounds way better than what we have in Virtanen!

15 hours ago, Pete M said:

10 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Sounds way better than what we have in Virtanen!

what is it you guys see in Lind's game that lets you put such lofty aspirations on him?

I look at the guys drafted near him and see that his stats are similar

13/20 guys drafted in the early 2nd round have played NHL games ( not that I am condoning early NHL games, I think that harmed Virtanen)

Compared to his 2017 draft co-horts Linds numbers are average

So what is it you see that makes him deserve to be compared to Kesler or Linden?

1 hour ago, lmm said:

what is it you guys see in Lind's game that lets you put such lofty aspirations on him?

13/20 guys drafted in the early 2nd round have played NHL games ( not that I am condoning early NHL games, I think that harmed Virtanen)

So what is it you see that makes him deserve to be compared to Kesler or Linden?

I'd think it unfair to compare him to Kesler et al but you have to give the guy some credit for his turn around this season. He was likely disappointed with his first season worked hard and has some limited success, a good insight into his character, previously in question

2 hours ago, lmm said:

Well it's more of a hope on Lind meeting and surpassing expectations...he is in the right spot for him to develop (unlike JV as a 19/20 year old being thrown into the NHL and being immature).

Lind seems to have a lot going for him and he seems to be getting better at each step of the way. So far, he is showing improvement every step of the way.

It's more of a glass half full view of him since he has improved each year (the year before, he got injured so that year seems to be a one off)...I'm projecting his max benefit to the team to be at a Kesler level, which is high expectations...I just hope he reaches that level or better.

I think for him it will be confidence thing to take it to another level, and he seems to have the ability to get there by his progression in Junior and now his progression in the AHL.. He hasn't stopped progressing, the next step will be getting a taste of the NHL level and I've got a good feeling that he will not disappoint. Another year in the AHL with some games with the Canucks to see where he is at would be good to see. He might even stick with the Canucks if he takes off to another level. Look below at Kesler's stats and his progression, Lind is on a similar progression; however, time will tell because Kesler was 24 years old before he started taking off.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Pete M

Mind you.....JV is also on a similar path as Kesler, points wise. JV too has potential to take it to another level and break out...similar to what Kesler did. It's a confidence thing because I believe both JV and Lind have the ability to keep getting better. JV is on the verge though on breaking out. Next year and the one following will be telling years for JV.   

Lind is a few years off in his development.

Capture.PNG.1a09022e238a71465ffcb733c4ebd2db.PNG

Edited by Pete M
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Steven Stamkos said:

Can confirm, Kole Lind is a mental midget on the golf course. 

Isn't everyone a mental midget on the golf course?

11 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Pretty well everybody knows what a mental midget is. Obviously the question was, "Why did you call Lind a mental midget?"

It's funny, cuz when I hear mental midget, I picture Rambo at 3'4"

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Steven Stamkos said:

He took a 8 on the first hole and never recovered to say the least. 

If his golf game is what you are concerned about then you envision the Canucks future goals quite differently than I do.  Lind is not a mental midget on ice.  

• Haha 2