The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

4 hours ago, Stech said:

Why isn't anyone talking about Kole Lind? He looked good in yesterday's scrimmage highlights, and might be closer to a spot on the roster than we think?

I have been, just not in his thread :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 3:45 AM, Stech said:

Why isn't anyone talking about Kole Lind? He looked good in yesterday's scrimmage highlights, and might be closer to a spot on the roster than we think?

Kole Lind will be knocking on the door Right wing on Horvat's line he has the same type numbers as Tanner Person in junior and AHL. Given a chance he will excel.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Kole Lind will be knocking on the door Right wing on Horvat's line he has the same type numbers as Tanner Person in junior and AHL. Given a chance he will excel.

Kole has impressive #s in the AHL last year.  He will have decent size when he fills out and can be a scrappy player when needed.  I could see him starting on the 3rd line and then competing with Podz for the 2nd later on. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Kole has impressive #s in the AHL last year.  He will have decent size when he fills out and can be a scrappy player when needed.  I could see him starting on the 3rd line and then competing with Podz for the 2nd later on. 

The next round of young talent is going to make for some interesting battles, especially on the wings. Between Podkolzin, Höglander, Lind, McDonough, we could have two lines worth of guys with top-six potential. Plus MacEwen already showing NHL chops. And still more guys like Jasek, Gadjovich, Lockwood, and Michaelis pushing from Utica, and others like Focht, Karlsson, Keppen, Malone, Costmar, Plasek, etc still with a chance to become the next “out of nowhere” kid who shows some pro potential. And still some others I’ve neglected to mention. Of course, they’re not all going to make it, but I feel pretty good about maybe a half dozen or so of these guys becoming legit NHLers to add to our current young core forward group.

• Cheers 2

Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

The next round of young talent is going to make for some interesting battles, especially on the wings. Between Podkolzin, Höglander, Lind, McDonough, we could have two lines worth of guys with top-six potential. Plus MacEwen already showing NHL chops. And still more guys like Jasek, Gadjovich, Lockwood, and Michaelis pushing from Utica, and others like Focht, Karlsson, Keppen, Malone, Costmar, Plasek, etc still with a chance to become the next “out of nowhere” kid who shows some pro potential. And still some others I’ve neglected to mention. Of course, they’re not all going to make it, but I feel pretty good about maybe a half dozen or so of these guys becoming legit NHLers to add to our current young core forward group.

It's a sexy time to be a Nucks fan

On 8/16/2020 at 2:11 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That is extremely optimistic Sid!  

I’m hoping for four out of the ones you mentioned and I’d be happy!  

A lot of those guys won’t even crack the AHL lineup. 

34 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

That is extremely optimistic Sid!  

I’m hoping for four out of the ones you mentioned and I’d be happy!  

A lot of those guys won’t even crack the AHL lineup. 

Definitely a lot will bust, but I feel really good about Podkolzin, Höglander, Lind, and McDonough. MacEwen has already made it. So just need one of the rest to make a half dozen. 

17 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Definitely a lot will bust, but I feel really good about Podkolzin, Höglander, Lind, and McDonough. MacEwen has already made it. So just need one of the rest to make a half dozen. 

Okay okay... McDonaugh, Madden’s linemate? 
He looked great on their PP especially in the last half of the season but it’s only been a year!

I hope you’re right... I’m more hopeful for your boy Jasek actually! 

We shall see :) 

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Okay okay... McDonaugh, Madden’s linemate? 
He looked great on their PP especially in the last half of the season but it’s only been a year!

I hope you’re right... I’m more hopeful for your boy Jasek actually! 

We shall see :) 

I’d say, from that forward group, I’m quite confident we’ll get a minimum of four NHL players. Reasonably hopefully for the six I said originally. And there’s potential for more, if some long shot types come out of nowhere, or some of the guys who were charting more downward last year end up rebounding.

And yeah, I’m still high on Jasek. I really think he’ll play NHL eventually. Maybe just a “cup of coffee,” but I still believe he has pretty good potential as a bottom six guy, and could still become a 200+ NHL game player.

EDIT: and I admit it’s really early to be “penciling in” McDonough as a future Canuck. Just came away very impressed with his game last season, so have high hopes for him. Plus he has some great tools, most notably his size (he’s 6’3” now and still growing) and his nose for the net. His freshman success saw his probability numbers take a huge jump, and now he’s statistically looking like a late first round pick, with NHL likelihood currently somewhere around 60-70ish percent, and projected points in the 40-50 range per season. Basically he charts like a good second line winger, which would be amazing for a 7th rounder (and would be a solid result for most first round picks). Whether he can replicate that production, or expand on it, while playing without Madden next season is the big question, but he’s definitely done enough already to be in the discussion as one of our top prospects.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 3

• 2 weeks later...
On August 16, 2020 at 8:03 AM, vannuck59 said:

I really think Kole Lind will be at least a 3rd line winger..Look how good his line mate in Calgary is doing Dillion Dube 22, 5'11..

Kole Lind - 21, 6'1 , 195 - see at least 3rd line winger/ convert to centre with injuries, he seem determined and trains hard look at improvement from previous season.. 2019-2020-- GP61- 44 PTS

2018-2019= GP 51 - 14 PTS

His off season training and improving skating will get him into the NHL by 2022 for sure..

We could lose Kole Lind in expansion draft..Will be a exciting off season for all NHL team come October 1st and then again before expansion draft next summer.

We will have to make big decision in net, either we keep Markstrom 31 Dec for 4 years? Then we have to trade Demko 24, before next summer expansion draft.

We need a return on the investment of Demko...I can see Demko being traded in this off season October or December..Management will have good idea the direction there going with in net....

I see Demko as a # 1 goalie, we should geta  late 1st rounder and prospect in return...

Exciting future..Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 3

8 hours ago, wildcam said:

I really think Kole Lind will be at least a 3rd line winger..Look how good his line mate in Calgary is doing Dillion Dube 22, 5'11..

Kole Lind - 21, 6'1 , 195 - see at least 3rd line winger/ convert to centre with injuries, he seem determined and trains hard look at improvement from previous season.. 2019-2020-- GP61- 44 PTS

2018-2019= GP 51 - 14 PTS

His off season training and improving skating will get him into the NHL by 2022 for sure..

We could lose Kole Lind in expansion draft..Will be a exciting off season for all NHL team come October 1st and then again before expansion draft next summer.

We will have to make big decision in net, either we keep Markstrom 31 Dec for 4 years? Then we have to trade Demko 24, before next summer expansion draft.

We need a return on the investment of Demko...I can see Demko being traded in this off season October or December..Management will have good idea the direction there going with in net....

I see Demko as a # 1 goalie, we should geta  late 1st rounder and prospect in return...

Exciting future..Go Canucks Go!

Sure share your enthus/optimism..but with the caveat that all teams must be roster-shuffling in preparation. The Oct/Nov break will prob see a dizzying succession of team manoeuvres, throughout the league.

Might be a good time to pick up a strong #3,4 D-man, that some overstocked team can't protect. Canes & Van seem to match up as teams with nicely contrasting excess/needs. NYI's too

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Sure share your enthus/optimism..but with the caveat that all teams must be roster-shuffling in preparation. The Oct/Nov break will prob see a dizzying succession of team manoeuvres, throughout the league.

Might be a good time to pick up a strong #3,4 D-man, that some overstocked team can't protect. Canes & Van seem to match up as teams with nicely contrasting excess/needs. NYI's too

I agree its going to be a very exciting off season and teams also making moves for expansion June 2021..

Teams will be shuffling player for picks rather they have good prospect lost in expansion..

Free agent signing will also be interesting..Team will have to watch there cap much closer with uncertain times with covid!

We really need a proven #3 D man under 27 years old to play with Hughes log big minutes and be reliable..

With Edler 34 need to control his minutes to make his last..

Tanev - 31 in December has had serious injuries will be interesting to see if we resign him? 4 yrs x 4.5 million?

Markstrom 30 - RFA - 4 yrs X 5.4 million????

Demko 24 -- If we sign Markstrom will have to trade Demko before expansion..Do not want to lose Demko for nothing..

Demko should get us a late 1st rounder and a top 5 prospect from another team..

21 hours ago, wildcam said:

I agree its going to be a very exciting off season and teams also making moves for expansion June 2021..

Teams will be shuffling player for picks rather they have good prospect lost in expansion..

Free agent signing will also be interesting..Team will have to watch there cap much closer with uncertain times with covid!

We really need a proven #3 D man under 27 years old to play with Hughes log big minutes and be reliable..

With Edler 34 need to control his minutes to make his last..

Tanev - 31 in December has had serious injuries will be interesting to see if we resign him? 4 yrs x 4.5 million?

Markstrom 30 - RFA - 4 yrs X 5.4 million????

Demko 24 -- If we sign Markstrom will have to trade Demko before expansion..Do not want to lose Demko for nothing..

Demko should get us a late 1st rounder and a top 5 prospect from another team..

I would be shocked if we get a 1st round pick for Demko.  I also want him on our team going into next year, we're going to be cup contenders-lite, and we need two good goalies.  If Seattle takes him, then so be it.  That means we won't be losing someone else like Motte or Virtanen or Gaudette. 

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I would be shocked if we get a 1st round pick for Demko.  I also want him on our team going into next year, we're going to be cup contenders-lite, and we need two good goalies.  If Seattle takes him, then so be it.  That means we won't be losing someone else like Motte or Virtanen or Gaudette. 

Demko's worth a 1st, but maybe not a high 1st. He's got a ton of potential. Definitely worth at least a 2nd.

19 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Demko's worth a 1st, but maybe not a high 1st. He's got a ton of potential. Definitely worth at least a 2nd.

I'd honestly be super disappointed if we lost Demko, even with markstrom finally becoming the goalie everyone knew he'd be.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, cyoung said:

I'd honestly be super disappointed if we lost Demko, even with markstrom finally becoming the goalie everyone knew he'd be.

I don't see how we don't lose him thanks to expansion. If we move him this offseason at least we recover something. I have no doubt Seattle would pick him, even over Myers (if he's exposed).

7 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

rather hold onto to Demko and send a draft pick to Seattle for insurance

thats risky tho, Demko's trade value goes down if we wait, and Seattle holds all the cards in that situation. He's worth a lot to a team like Detroit e.g. next year. 

30 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

thats risky tho, Demko's trade value goes down if we wait, and Seattle holds all the cards in that situation. He's worth a lot to a team like Detroit e.g. next year. 

As long as he keeps improving his stock only goes up.

One injury to Markstrom and not having Demko could cost us a season

Look at how Schneider and Demko were both handled as prospects coming up in the system. DiPietro is not ready yet and should be handled the exaxt same. 

Goaltending has been a strength in Vancouver for sometime now. We should not take that Strength forgranted 

Edited by naslund.is.king

3 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

As long as he keeps improving his stock only goes up.

One injury to Markstrom and not having Demko could cost us a season

Look at how Schneider and Demko were both handled as prospects coming up in the system. DiPietro is not ready yet and should be handled the exaxt same. 

Goaltending has been a strength in Vancouver for sometime now. We should not take that Strength forgranted 

We'd be signing a vet, UFA to back up Marky, not calling up MDP.

• Vintage 1