The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

2 minutes ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

As a over age 21 year old. 

Lind is 18.

He still it and the quoted post said since Brandon Reid. 100 pts is no joke no matter how old you are, that being said Lind getting 100 points all depends on how good the rest of the Rockets team is.

1 minute ago, CanuckinEdm said:

He still it and the quoted post said since Brandon Reid. 100 pts is no joke no matter how old you are, that being said Lind getting 100 points all depends on how good the rest of the Rockets team is.

Dane Fox isn't wasn't & never will be as good as Kole Lind.

46 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I think Gunnerson is too old. You forgot to mention Juolevi. Lockwood also has a chance to make the U.S. team. And I expect Di Pietro to make the Canadian team.

Could be the best Canuck showing at the WJC in, like, forever.

I was thinking Juolevi was too old since he's played in 2 WJC already, but his first was as an underager. I have a feeling Juolevi makes the Canucks though. 

14 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

I was thinking Juolevi was too old since he's played in 2 WJC already, but his first was as an underager. I have a feeling Juolevi makes the Canucks though

Could still loan him...

But yeah, it does lower his chances.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanuckinEdm said:

The great Dane Fox did it while he was signed to us.

Dane Fox was never drafted by Canucks.  He was an overage 20 year old UFA who played in CHL for five seasons that Canucks took a flyer at hoping he might learn to skate someday.  He didn't.   Comparing him to a first year pick isn't very logical other than for the point totals - which Fox he had highly inflated in the "Strome" manner.

1 hour ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Dane Fox isn't wasn't & never will be as good as Kole Lind.

13 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Dane Fox was never drafted by Canucks.  He was an overage 20 year old UFA who played in CHL for five seasons that Canucks took a flyer at hoping he might learn to skate someday.  He didn't.   Comparing him to a first year pick isn't very logical other than for the point totals - which Fox he had highly inflated in the "Strome" manner.

I never said Dane Fox was good. I was just stating that Brandon Reid was not the last Canuck prospect that managed 100 points in JR because he wasn't.

19 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

I never said Dane Fox was good. I was just stating that Brandon Reid was not the last Canuck prospect that managed 100 points in JR because he wasn't.

Still is a bit of a non-sequitor as he was picked up AFTER doing that.   For that matter, Sven B was six points shy of that mark and Linden Vey blew that away (116 pts) - to name two.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, messier's_elbow said:

I was thinking Juolevi was too old since he's played in 2 WJC already, but his first was as an underager. I have a feeling Juolevi makes the Canucks though. 

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Could still loan him...

But yeah, it does lower his chances.

Juolevi could make the Canuck team. Benning seemed very impressed that he was up to 198 lbs and I am guessing he hits a full 200 by the time training camp starts. The argument that he is not strong enough to play in the NHL does not make a lot of sense any more,

But even if Juolevi does well in camp, the Canucks have Tanev, Edler, Stecher, Hutton, Gudbranson and Del Zotto on the depth chart ahead of him and it does not make any sense to have Juolevi sitting in the press box as 7th man. Benning said he will move guys out if the young guys are good enough to make the team, but the 6 Ds ahead of Juolevi are not guys you want to dump just to make room. Obviously a good trade is always possible but the lead-up to the start of the season is usually a hard time to make space through trading (by trading a roster player for prospects or picks) as most teams are trying to get down to the roster limit and have extra bodies on hand.

And the Canucks probably want to have a look at Wiercioch and Holm as well. After all, they just signed both guys. And Wiercioch would have to clear waivers to be sent to Utica. Holm probably starts in Utica but would be in line for an early call-up if things go well. And there is still Pedan and Subban to consider.

And even if Juolevi does make the Canucks, it would make sense, depending on injuries, to loan to the Finland WJC team and take a look at some other guys.

So I am expecting to see Juolevi at the WJC, but obviously there is no guarantee.

And, to get back to the topic of this thread, I am also expecting to see Lind at the WJC. Hard to believe he was still available in the second round. (Kind of like Demko in the 2014 draft.)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CanuckinEdm said:

The great Dane Fox did it while he was signed to us.

I probably should have clarified that no Canucks draft pick has scored 100 pts in major junior since Brandon Reid. Also Fox was signed half way through the season he scored 60+ goals, 100+pts, (he already had 68 pts when he was signed) so he really doesn't count. 

Edited by pluralsight

40 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Better yet...who was the last Canuck draft pick to score 100 points in a single WHL season? Although it has been awhile there are a few and a few who came within 5 points or less of a hundred.

Nathan Barrett, an 8th round pick from 2000, was the last Canuck draft pick to put up 100 points in the WHL. He did it in his overage season for the Lethbridge Hurricanes.

Went on to play an astounding 0 games in the NHL.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nathan Barrett, an 8th round pick from 2000, was the last Canuck draft pick to put up 100 points in the WHL. He did it in his overage season for the Lethbridge Hurricanes.

Went on to play an astounding 0 games in the NHL.

Do you remember Rick Girard? 1992-93 Swift Current 72 games 71 goals 70 assists 141 points! 2nd round pick never played a game in the NHL he did however play a lot of games in Germany lol

14 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Do you remember Rick Girard? 1992-93 Swift Current 72 games 71 goals 70 assists 141 points! 2nd round pick never played a game in the NHL he did however play a lot of games in Germany lol

Nope, but I remember Josh Holden.

Put up 112 points for Regina in his draft year. Went on to put up 13 points in 46 games for the Canucks before going to Carolina.

That was back when 100+ points in junior was much more common though.

39 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Nope, but I remember Josh Holden.

Put up 112 points for Regina in his draft year. Went on to put up 13 points in 46 games for the Canucks before going to Carolina.

That was back when 100+ points in junior was much more common though.

Yes not as bad as the mid 80s, I remember the Lebeau brothers putting up close to 200 points each in the Q

Kole Lind, Jonah Gadjovich, and Micheal DiPeitro all invited to Canada's WJC Camp

http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/three-canucks-prospects-heading-to-team-canada-world-junior-development-camp-1.21045154

The last Canucks prospect to play for Team Canada in the World Junior Championship didn’t fare too well. Jake Virtanen was expected to be an offensive leader on the 2016 team after a solid 2015 tournament in a supporting role. Instead, he and Team Canada crashed and burned, falling to the eventual gold medalists Finland in the quarterfinals.

Canucks prospects will hope for a better result in the 2018 tournament. The Canucks could have as many as three prospects playing for Team Canada, as Michael DiPietro, Jonah Gadjovich, and Kole Lind have all been invited to the Canadian National Junior Team development camp.

DiPietro is the youngest of the four goaltenders invited, but still has a strong case for making Canada’s final roster in December, with strong international performances in the Under-17 championships and the Ivan Hlinka tournament. Carter Hart is the incumbent, with a World Junior silver medal already under his belt, which is, admittedly, a strange place to keep a medal.

Gadjovich has no international experience, but a 46-goal, 74-point season at 6’2”, 200+ lbs will get you noticed. He’ll be in tough, with a lot of returning players boasting similar size, but another goal-filled season for Owen Sound will make it difficult to leave him off the roster.

Lind isn’t listed on the camp roster just yet, as he was a late addition. Like Gadjovich, he has no international experience, which puts him behind the 8-ball, but Canada would be foolish to leave one of the top scorers in the WHL off of their camp roster.

All three will presumably play in the World Junior Summer Showcase in Plymouth, MI, which runs from July 28th to August 5th, featuring games between split-squad American and Canadian teams, as well as teams from Finland and Sweden.

They won’t be the only Canucks prospects participating. Will Lockwood, their 2016 3rd round pick, is on the USA development camp roster after a strong freshman season at the University of Michigan, while Olli Juolevi and Elias Pettersson will presumably represent Finland and Sweden, though their rosters have yet to be released.

TSN broadcast the last World Junior summer showcase, but they have yet to indicate they will be doing so again this year.

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Kole Lind, Jonah Gadjovich, and Micheal DiPeitro all invited to Canada's WJC Camp

http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/three-canucks-prospects-heading-to-team-canada-world-junior-development-camp-1.21045154

is Pettersson eligible for the wjc?  or could we see him in the Olympics if nhl players are barred entirely from the event?  sweden probably still has an amazing calibre team without its nhl roster players.

• 2 weeks later...