The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

As the first round was finishing up, I was keeping my fingers crossed that no one was going to take Lind. Then when the 2nd round started and the Canucks called his name. So awesome. Might only develop into a 3rd liner but he just seems to be a guy who the puck just follows around. Real nose for the net and a good deceptive shot. 

Nice job JB!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chickenman92 said:

I believe Benning said Pettersson would play next year in Sweden. He'll likely come over the following season in 18-19. 

Lind will play this year in Kelowna and push for a spot in 18-19. 

Lind is bigger and stronger right now. I think that will give him a bit of an edge going into camp in 18-19. I think Lind cracks the team and Pettersson spends a year adding size and learning the NA game in Utica. 

Long run, Pettersson will be the better player, but don't be shocked if Lind gets to the NHL first. 

He's not pushing for a spot in 2 years, sorry, not should anyone put such ridiculous expectations on a 2nd round pick.

1 hour ago, Glory_Days said:

I was interested in Hague as well, but I was bit leery about him too. His skating is a big issue and not everyone can work out their flaws in skating like Horvat has.

Last thing we need on the backend is a giant pylon reminiscent of Douglas Murray, would get absolutely destroyed, McDavid would quite literally, skate circles around him. Maybe he's able to fix his skating though, if he can, great pick by Vegas.

That, indeed, is likely why he was in the 2nd round. Everything I saw had him going in the mid to lower teens. And yes, another pylon is the last thing we need. Which is likely why we did not select Rasanen in the 4th round, despite his size; horrid skating. Hey, we keep getting forwards like Lind and Radjovich, we can afford some smaller Dmen; forwards with good size and willing to back check can make a MAJOR difference!

I am really happy with this pick! I am surprised he dropped into the 2nd round. I watched Kole Lind play the last 2 years here in Kelowna and his development has been really strong. He is a shoot first type guy with a lot of skill. He stepped up and lead the way in points on a pretty under-performing (Kelowna) team at the start of the year last year. He isn't the biggest guy on the ice but has a lot of potential and continues to get better. I'm excited to see where he goes from here and to watch him play this coming season for the Rockets.  

2 hours ago, John McClane said:

As the first round was finishing up, I was keeping my fingers crossed that no one was going to take Lind. Then when the 2nd round started and the Canucks called his name. So awesome. Might only develop into a 3rd liner but he just seems to be a guy who the puck just follows around. Real nose for the net and a good deceptive shot. 

Nice job JB!

If he turns into a 3rd liner that can put the puck into the net then I am happy. Been awhile since we've had any bottom 6 scoring :P

• Upvote 1