The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Then there are other politics at play.  Lind isn't an issue as he played himself out of consideration if you ask me but Gadjovich was consistently one of the best players on either team playing in all the games he played and then to not be in the stated mix from Hockey Canada (parroted by their parrot on TSN) seems at odds with performance.  

Indeed, not doubting Jonah's performance at all. I think Button is credible but he is known to pick favorites, there were times during this year's draft where he stated that he had a "man crush" on a certain player. Clearly Jonah isn't one of those man crushes. I'd expect Jonah to challenge for a spot if he has a good start to the season, wouldn't surprise me at all if he scored 50-60 goals this year. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

What is Gadjovich's ceiling? Is it conceivable that he plays on the top line with Bo at some point, a few years down the road? Canucks need a top LW with size and I think Gadj could be that player one day.

I say Virt with Bo makes more sense and I see Gadj as a middle 6C. Though a line of Virt-Petterson-Boeser could be lethal down the line.

4 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I say Virt with Bo makes more sense and I see Gadj as a middle 6C. Though a line of Virt-Petterson-Boeser could be lethal down the line.

Virtanen is a right-shot RWer. The same as Boeser, so I'm not sure they would play on the same line. I like the idea of these top 2 lines:

Gadjovich - Horvat - Boeser

Dahlen - Pettersson - Virtanen

Maybe Gadj isn't a top line player? But maybe he can be one day? Other than Dahlen, and possibly Gadjovich, the Canucks really don't have any other future top line LWers. Is it possible to see Granlund on Bo's line? I'm just not sure Baertschi is a top line player.

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Virtanen is a right-shot RWer. The same as Boeser, so I'm not sure they would play on the same line. I like the idea of these top 2 lines:

Maybe Gadj isn't a top line player? But maybe he can be one day? Other than Dahlen, and possibly Gadjovich, the Canucks really don't have any other future top line LWers. Is it possible to see Granlund on Bo's line? I'm just not sure Baertschi is a top line player.

I don't think Baer is a top line guy. Virt usually plays left wing but not when he first came up to the NHL. Green started playing dirt on the LW last year where he appears more comfortable. Don't forget about Goldobin. He has first line skill and just needs to bring up his compete level and defensive awareness

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I guess they have some options. I like that there's a good mix of players, some have serious skill and speed, some are gritty, some have size. The only concerns I have this year is goaltending. Can Markstrom start 50 games and win most of them?  Wonder what his confidence level is. Will Nilsson come in and impress? Should be inetresting. I am looking forward to seeing Gudbranson play more. Hopefully he can make an impact.  

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, I guess they have some options. I like that there's a good mix of players, some have serious skill and speed, some are gritty, some have size. The only concerns I have this year is goaltending. Can Markstrom start 50 games and win most of them?  Wonder what his confidence level is. Will Nilsson come in and impress? Should be inetresting. I am looking forward to seeing Gudbranson play more. Hopefully he can make an impact.  

Im not worried about what are team looks like this year. We're in a rebuild and need to be restocking the cupboards for the future. Honestly Id be trading a few of the older guys, 27 and older, at the deadline. Trade one of our goalies as well if they're both playing well. 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

We have an underdog team with some underrated players and young guys yet to show their worth. Along with two HOfers. We're the longshots under a new coach so we will likely suck but it will be an entertaining season for real fans. 

I think that Nielsson and Markstrom will give us a fighting chance. Guddy wants to earn a good contract and will have to play for it. 

Really hope we can can show up some teams along he way without getting embarrassed.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Jake plays either wing and seems to be at his best on the left side. 

I see him being a left wing in the NHL. 

He's much deadlier from the left side, but Green played him on the right and it seems like that's where he'll stay!

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Actually, Virtanen is a natural LWer and his offence has always been far higher from his off wing.   

• Upvote 4

On 2017-08-21 at 6:47 PM, stawns said:

He's much deadlier from the left side, but Green played him on the right and it seems like that's where he'll stay!

I think Jake was played on the right side to learn the defensive side of the puck. Later in the season he was playing more on the left and did better. 

Jake had to learn some humility and it seems to have taken hold.  TG knows Jake better than any person in management and TG becoming the coach in Vancouver is a huge boost for Jake and his chances. 

I could see Jake playing either wing in the league, but his best chance to be the impact winger he was drafted to be is on the left side. IMO

• Upvote 3

On 21/08/2017 at 0:17 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Doesn't Lockwood have top line potential?

On 8/22/2017 at 5:17 AM, NUCKER67 said:

That top 6 has some size (Gadj, Horvat & Jake) and impressive skill.

Speed?

Especially the top line looks like it needs at least one burner to surface.

16 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

I think Jake was played on the right side to learn the defensive side of the puck. Later in the season he was playing more on the left and did better. 

Jake had to learn some humility and it seems to have taken hold.  TG knows Jake better than any person in management and TG becoming the coach in Vancouver is a huge boost for Jake and his chances. 

I could see Jake playing either wing in the league, but his best chance to be the impact winger he was drafted to be is on the left side. IMO

He played rw pretty much the entire season

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Absolutely, E. Kane or Landeskog on Bo's LW would be pretty sweet.

Eventually I'd wager it would be Petterson's LW... but yes.

Next year something like:

Kane, Horvat, Boeser

Granlund, Gagner, Eriksson

Eventually:

Kane, Petterson, Boeser

Dahlen, Horvat, Virtanen

Gadjovich, Gaudette, Granlund/Lind/Lockwood...

• Upvote 1