The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

On 2018-08-26 at 10:21 AM, RetroCanuck said:

Its more that people know he needs some time in the AHL to hone his defensive game and play at pro level speed. Still a few things he needs to work on but could be a good complimentary piece on a skilled line

Gadjovich’s defensive game is very good for a junior hockey player - he was a regular PK guy in the OHL. I wouldn’t be too surprised to see him in that role in Utica along with playing on one of the second or third lines - depending on who gets sent down.

5 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Gadjovich’s defensive game is very good for a junior hockey player - he was a regular PK guy in the OHL. I wouldn’t be too surprised to see him in that role in Utica along with playing on one of the second or third lines - depending on who gets sent down.

Yeah.  Needs to continue to work on his speed.  Needs to learn defensive assignments in our system.  Needs to keep growing and getting even stronger.  Needs to learn the pro game and more pro habits.  But is coming along very nicely.  And will be even better after a year in Utica.  And even better again after two.  Think Schaller/Roussell means the Canucks will be very patient with this power forward.  

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

Yeah.  Needs to continue to work on his speed.  Needs to learn defensive assignments in our system.  Needs to keep growing and getting even stronger.  Needs to learn the pro game and more pro habits.  But is coming along very nicely.  And will be even better after a year in Utica.  And even better again after two.  Think Schaller/Roussell means the Canucks will be very patient with this power forward.  

Yep I see Gadj stepping in when ready, but also when we trade Schaller. Whether thats this deadline or the next.

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Yep I see Gadj stepping in when ready, but also when we trade Schaller. Whether thats this deadline or the next.

Or maybe if Schaller has another step forward this year and becomes a 20 g 45 point 3rd liner (that can drive the net Horvat style like his highlights show) then is it Roussell that goes at the 2020 trade deadline to make room?  

21 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

Or maybe if Schaller has another step forward this year and becomes a 20 g 45 point 3rd liner (that can drive the net Horvat style like his highlights show) then is it Roussell that goes at the 2020 trade deadline to make room?  

Roussel isn't going anywhere for a few years. Y'all are going to love him B)

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Roussel isn't going anywhere for a few years. Y'all are going to love him B)

Nah, were gonna love our home grown draftees we see grow up not the UFA signings.  Expect maybe Dahlen, we can make an exception for EP's sidekick that Burr bought us.  Lol.  

On 9/8/2018 at 6:45 AM, Hutton Wink said:

His improvement in skating was definitely noticeable.  He wasn't behind the play at all but helping drive it.  Great hands in close and in front of the net.  Bit of a Matthew Tkachuk feel but quicker and minus the in-tight playmaking.

Huh? Jonah had some great passing plays.  His offensive awareness is top notch.  Only times he isn't playmaking are when he's sitting on the goalie or putting the puck in the net himself.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Qwags said:

I think he'll make some noise next training camp, maybe even this year if all goes well.

He brings a combo of skill and grit that we need desperately.

I just hope the logjam at forward in Utica does not push our young projects off the team.  Gonna be some tough decisions to let these kids make it the next level.  

58 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

I just hope the logjam at forward in Utica does not push our young projects off the team.  Gonna be some tough decisions to let these kids make it the next level.  

If they are good enough to be on the team in Utica they will be there. I would not be too concerned about a log jam as the AHL does not have a roster limit. You can only dress 20 players for a game but could have 28 or more on the roster.

This might actually be a good thing as it will keep those playing, working hard, so that they do not lose their spot to someone who is sitting out. It also gives coach Cull the luxury of having the ability to rotate players in and out of the lineup when they have the dreaded 3 games in 3 nights BS that seems to be common in the AHL. This should help reduce the number of injuries to the players overall as they have the chance to sit and heal if they are banged up rather than toughing it out and risking further injury.

Players that I see probably headed to Kalamazoo are: Reid Gardiner, Vincent Arseneau, Brendan Bradley, Kyle Thomas, Y. P. Laplante, Brendan Woods, Jessie Graham and Brandon Anselmini

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

If they are good enough to be on the team in Utica they will be there. I would not be too concerned about a log jam as the AHL does not have a roster limit. You can only dress 20 players for a game but could have 28 or more on the roster.

This might actually be a good thing as it will keep those playing, working hard, so that they do not lose their spot to someone who is sitting out. It also gives coach Cull the luxury of having the ability to rotate players in and out of the lineup when they have the dreaded 3 games in 3 nights BS that seems to be common in the AHL. This should help reduce the number of injuries to the players overall as they have the chance to sit and heal if they are banged up rather than toughing it out and risking further injury.

Players that I see probably headed to Kalamazoo are: Reid Gardiner, Vincent Arseneau, Brendan Bradley, Kyle Thomas, Y. P. Laplante, Brendan Woods, Jessie Graham and Brandon Anselmini

I just don't want to see Lind or Gads sent back to juniors for a 20 year old season.  Even though that would mean I could see Lind play a few times live this year.  

5 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I agree with your list of probable ECHL assignments except Woods.  He may not dress every game but I see him staying in Utica. And like you said there is no 23 man roster limit in the AHL. 

• 3 weeks later...