The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

25 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Didn't Jake struggle at the AHL level for a while? It's Gads first year as a pro. Give him time. 

I don't understand how you see sending him down as rushing him.  I see it as exploring what level he should be at and seeing how much time he needs.  

16 minutes ago, TGT68 said:

I don't understand how you see sending him down as rushing him.  I see it as exploring what level he should be at and seeing how much time he needs.  

Because the level of play at the AHL is better than the ECHL. That's not rushing him. It's giving him the challenge he needs. I don't see why you are giving up on him because he's had a slow start? 

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Because the level of play at the AHL is better than the ECHL. That's not rushing him. It's giving him the challenge he needs. I don't see why you are giving up on him because he's had a slow start? 

Thats not giving up, it's giving him a chance to gain some confidence and get his wheels back. 

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Didn't Jake struggle at the AHL level for a while? It's Gads first year as a pro. Give him time. 

I think he's probably adjusting to no longer being the biggest guy on the ice, which I think is something that most bigger guys coming out of Junior go through. He didn't get much push back in Junior, needs to learn how to use his size to advantage against stronger players now.

Give him time, he'll adapt.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think he's probably adjusting to no longer being the biggest guy on the ice, which I think is something that most bigger guys coming out of Junior go through. He didn't get much push back in Junior, needs to learn how to use his size to advantage against stronger players now.

Give him time, he'll adapt.

This is just it, like Jake who was the biggest guy in Calgary who would just hit and score. He had to adjust and is continuing to adjust but he is starting to “get it” it takes time to redefine your game when it’s the only way you have been successful. Hell Travis Green had a wake up call when he started his NHL career with the islanders. Had to carve out the scorer he was in jr to mold and become the utility player that almost saw him play 1000 games in the NHL. So big players like Jake and Jonah just have to keep getting stronger and finding ways to up their game rather then care so much about what league they are in. With all the injuries to the big club, I would see a domino effect with Utica needing bodies to replace the ones getting the call up with the Nucks. Just remember,

”All we need is just a little...

38AA1246-C430-4121-9235-297348B82FD4.gif

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Trent Cull on Jonah Gadjovich:

"Jonah Gadjovich is finding his way. He's a young guy and its not going to be an easy challenge for him in the AHL. He's finding out how to play, he's a heady guy."

is a heady guy, the opposite of a footy guy?

On 11/9/2018 at 7:19 PM, Stierlitz said:

I thought that Jonah had a pretty descent game.  Seemed the most physically present so far this year.  Too bad no one else scored.  Rough night for the Comets.

Edited by dpn1

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing against Gadjovich but its insane the amount of prospect depth we have that he's probably dropped to our 15th best propect. It wasn't that long ago that a similarly leveled player in Cassels was our 3rd-4th best prospect. I'd probably rank them:

Hughes

Gaudette

Tryamkin

Joulevi

Demko

Dahlen

Rathbone

Madden

Jasek

Lockwood

Lind

Woo

Dipietro

Palmu

Gadjo

14 hours ago, AK_19 said:

Nothing against Gadjovich but its insane the amount of prospect depth we have that he's probably dropped to our 15th best propect. It wasn't that long ago that a similarly leveled player in Cassels was our 3rd-4th best prospect. I'd probably rank them:

Hughes

Gaudette

Tryamkin

Joulevi

Demko

Dahlen

Rathbone

Madden

Jasek

Lockwood

Lind

Woo

Dipietro

Palmu

Gadjo

Wow people are really being hard on guys that are stepping up into the next level. I realize we haven't had many quality prospects turn pro in the last 10 years but its no easy step from junior leagues to the pros no matter how well Boeser and Pettersson did it.

Give Lind, Dahlen, Palmu and Gadjovich time to develop and they could all play in our top 9 in the future.

Hughes

Juolevi

Demko

Gaudette

DiPietro

Dahlen

Lind

Woo

MacEwen

Gadj

Rathbone

Palmu

Madden

Jasek

Lockwood

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 12:09 AM, Canuck Surfer said:

Hey Rob!  @Rob_Zepp

Top of the season.  Have you had a chance to watch Gadgy play? Are the reports on CDC proclaiming doomsday with Gadjovich a fact waiting to happen?

Doomsday?   Why on earth that?   He has had some bumps in his transition to professional hockey but 90% plus kids do that too.   I think too many people who live most of their lives on a couch seem to think they are experts on how professional hockey players develop.   In the real world, kids take some time and it is by far the rarer kid who comes straight into professional hockey and dominates and even those kids often regress.    Until any of these kids are 21 to 24, it is impossible to know what they will ultimately be and to make doomsday proclamations when they are in their first year as pros is just silly.

• Upvote 4