Sign in to follow this  
suitup

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

What's Gadz playing weight now?

I hope he has been getting stronger and adding some bulk to hit and win board battles.

I just hope he's not working on finesse stuff and aiming for a top 6 form. 

What does his speed look like now?

I met him and got a photo. We are about the same height, I am 230lbs but I looked about 70lbs heavier. He is surprisingly skinny. That said - I would say he is maybe 200lbs. He was wearing a suit so he might be shredded but definitely doesn't have the overall bulk I expected. When I walked by Mattias Ohlund in Yaletown (and this was after he retired I think) I felt like I was half his width haha. 

Google imaging him it looks like there is a massive variance in his size. He looks like a dude who can pack on muscle but loses it like crazy when he has to do a lot of cardio. 

He was more like this:
image.png.c71680426a3ca1f11027b81d28eb7d4e.png

Than this:
image.png.e85bf8d568b286a1b455a62f8ed2785a.png

Edited by canucklehead44

12 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

What a dumb post. Why wouldn't we be patient with an 18 year old, no matter where he was drafted from?

It's no surprise you'd side with his stupid post. I didn't realize being patient with prospects is such a horrible thing to you. And you wonder why people can't stand you.

Why aren't people allowed to play armchair scout?  We have armchair coaches and GM's.  Scouts don't just throw darts at a board and say alright guys there's our 18 year old, now let's be patient.  Discussing a players future in a forum is different than going to a game and booing him so try not to get so offended I feel like you are seconds away from popping a forehead vein.  The only contribution you make here is your constant spazzing out at people

• Haha 4

Gadjovich has really got to improve his skating. It will hold him back at the highest level if he doesn't. I hope he has Bo's drive to improve it. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Darkstar said:

Gadjovich has really got to improve his skating. It will hold him back at the highest level if he doesn't. I hope he has Bo's drive to improve it. 

With slower footspeed and a hard nosed reputation. I think they should mold him towards a strong 3rd liner. Work on his skating add muscle, 

Like a Chris Higgins style. A solid 3rd liner would be great and totally necessary in the playoffs.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

With slower footspeed and a hard nosed reputation. I think they should mold him towards a strong 3rd liner. Work on his skating add muscle, 

Like a Chris Higgins style. A solid 3rd liner would be great and totally necessary in the playoffs.

His skating will determine whether he is a 3rd or 4th line player. 

Edited by Darkstar
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

Umm, yeah, scouts do actually preach patience. They don't stupidly expect them all to light it up immediately like you do. Why the hell wouldn't you be patient for someone we only just drafted and is only a few months into his first pro season? Instead of trying to mock people for having patience with prospects, maybe you should temper your expectations, then you and your annoying buddies won't be disappointed when they aren't met.

You are in no position to criticize my posts. You continually make these pathetic posts, then whine and cry when you are rightfully called out on them.

What am I even being called out on?  Nothing I said even has to do with Gadjo and his play,personally.

All I'm saying is people are allowed to project a players future on a hockey discussion forum, just like a scout would project.  We can make proposals, demand a player be benched, traded, waived etc but we can't say what we think might happen to one of the players we draft?   Why?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

What am I even being called out on?  Nothing I said even has to do with Gadjo and his play,personally.

All I'm saying is people are allowed to project a players future on a hockey discussion forum, just like a scout would project.  We can make proposals, demand a player be benched, traded, waived etc but we can't say what we think might happen to one of the players we draft?   Why?

It's okay, but I think people are just sick of your general negativity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Darkstar said:

His skating will determine whether he is a 3rd or 4th line player. 

His skating may determine whether he's an NHL'er or not.

That said as has been noted here already, it's WAY too early to be declaring anything about his trajectory or ceiling.

My guess would be that he's a 3rd or 4th liner at the NHL level in a few years but it's extremely early days and his development could go any which way at this point. I'd be no more or less surprised to see him develop to a 2nd line guy than I would to see him peak in the AHL/Europe.

Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2019 at 10:32 AM, aGENT said:

His skating may determine whether he's an NHL'er or not.

That said as has been noted here already, it's WAY too early to be declaring anything about his trajectory or ceiling.

My guess would be that he's a 3rd or 4th liner at the NHL level in a few years but it's extremely early days and his development could go any which way at this point. I'd be no more or less surprised to see him develop to a 2nd line guy than I would to see him peak in the AHL/Europe.

so are you projecting his future in this post or are you not?

On 1/2/2019 at 9:24 AM, The 5th Line said:

Can anybody here answer this question?

@TheGreatCanucks ?

'

"Uh oh he's using logic and making sense, I better just ignore him"

Edited by The 5th Line

9 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Agree that he needs to play.

And most 4th liners really need to be able to produce offense in the minors and have a decent skill level, if not the NHL pace and level of skill will just be too much to handle.

See the difference in the play of Gaunce, Gaudette, Archibald etc. when comparing their time in the AHL/NHL (Gaudette may be a 2-3C but point is still valid). 

24 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Just play him in Utica.  It’s our Canuck’s development team.  Play the kid, and let’s see what we’ve got.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Just play him in Utica.  It’s our Canuck’s development team.  Play the kid, and let’s see what we’ve got.  

I agree, I understand having a competitive team, but why play guys like Darcy and Arseneau over Canucks property. Kids need to play to grow and when you have a back to back why not switch things up. My ideal Utica lineup would be

Dahlen-Gaudette-Lind

Gadjovich-Kero-MacEwen

Gaunce-Hamilton-Boucher

Bancks-Jasek-Pyatt

Let the young guys play and when you need a vet put him in.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

I agree, I understand having a competitive team, but why play guys like Darcy and Arseneau over Canucks property. Kids need to play to grow and when you have a back to back why not switch things up. My ideal Utica lineup would be

Dahlen-Gaudette-Lind

Gadjovich-Kero-MacEwen

Gaunce-Hamilton-Boucher

Bancks-Jasek-Pyatt

Let the young guys play and when you need a vet put him in.

JB needs to kick some a$$ down in Utica. Play him or get another coach. If they wont play him they need to send him down a notch so he can play all the time.

On 1/7/2019 at 6:52 AM, vannuck59 said:

JB needs to kick some a$$ down in Utica. Play him or get another coach. If they wont play him they need to send him down a notch so he can play all the time.

I think Benning needs a serious talk with Ryan Johnson and Trent Cull. I get they want to make the playoffs and get more revenue. But the parent club is footing the bill. 

Having prospects playing for the team and getting healthy scratched, and or reduced minutes is not helping their development. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

It's about player development.  The kid is not earning his ice time.  Veteran players are needed for leadership and to keep the team competitive so they're not getting the crap kicked out of them every night.  There is nothing so demoralizing as losing every game.  Veterans also set the bar for the kids to aspire to.  Gifting ice time does nothing for development.  If Gadjovich isn't getting ice, he should be in a lower league, junior if they have room for an over ager or ECHL.  

Funny, was having the same arguments with the Canucks a couple of years ago wrt guys like Boucher and Archie

It is not about revenue.  Ownership has been willing to bury salaries like Gagner (3.1) and Pyatt (1.1)

Players need to compete for ice time.  That’s a given.  However, Utica is our farm team.  Farm equals grow, right?  JG and our young guys who are already physically mature don’t need to be uprooted and moved to a different field.  They need to be farmed where they are.  

Put JG on the ice in the role he’s going to play up here.  Play the crap out of him.  Either he’s got it, or he doesn’t.  How many years did we try to farm Archie in this same role?  Either JG has what it takes, or he’s another Archie.  Can’t find out though unless he’s given opportunity.  

JG is a man, and has been for a couple years.  He’s not baby face, who still has growing to do.  

5 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

It's about player development.  The kid is not earning his ice time.  Veteran players are needed for leadership and to keep the team competitive so they're not getting the crap kicked out of them every night.  There is nothing so demoralizing as losing every game.  Veterans also set the bar for the kids to aspire to.  Gifting ice time does nothing for development.  If Gadjovich isn't getting ice, he should be in a lower league, junior if they have room for an over ager or ECHL.  

Funny, was having the same arguments with the Canucks a couple of years ago wrt guys like Boucher and Archie

It is not about revenue.  Ownership has been willing to bury salaries like Gagner (3.1) and Pyatt (1.1)

Exactly, who wants players thinking entitlement is all they need

or are playing above their skill at the moment (push yourself harder like Bo did)

Do not even think NHL, if you can't do whats expected of you on its farm teams

Edited by ba;;isticsports
  • Upvote 2

It's also pretty ignorant to think the same type of thought processes on training will work for every prospect. It's been talked about before, but the disconnect with players and what they're expected to do (Palmu, Virtanen, and further back, Kassian) should be addressed if it hasn't already been. Should look at how to get the most out of your players than saying something and expecting them to interpret what you mean.

Edited by Psycho_Path
  • Upvote 2