The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I have to disagree with you on this one.

If you are actually tough enough to stand in there and throw punches at some angry dudes face a foot away and keep going...then that is a great tussle. Not very many guys in real life have the balls to do that. I have had my share of "tussles" but never that kind lol. And I don't consider myself to be too afraid of things. 

Alas, now I am an old man. Sigh...

Totally agree.  That fight showed Jonah’s willingness to really exchange face punches.  The other guy gave up trading shots too.  Jonah is going to be a very important player for us.  That was a serious fight, and our guy stopped their guy.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I have to disagree with you on this one.

If you are actually tough enough to stand in there and throw punches at some angry dudes face a foot away and keep going...then that is a great tussle. Not very many guys in real life have the balls to do that. I have had my share of "tussles" but never that kind lol. And I don't consider myself to be too afraid of things. 

Alas, now I am an old man. Sigh...

Again, exciting for sure. And sure, even impressive from a throw/take punches aspect.

But I don't think you'll find any fighter that would argue it was a good, technically sound, fight.

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Again, exciting for sure. And sure, even impressive from a throw/take punches aspect.

But I don't think you'll find any fighter that would argue it was a good, technically sound, fight.

This isn't the MMA and never will be. 

Edit: You are confusing pro fighters with hockey players that fight the second you say "technically sound".  lol

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

This isn't the MMA and never will be. 

Edit: You are confusing pro fighters with hockey players that fight the second you say "technically sound".  lol

You don't think hockey players who fight, train and practice it...?

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

You don't think hockey players who fight, train and practice it...?

They do but there are different types of fights, even in MMA. You will see scraps where people just chuck em and also boring ass fights that go 5 rounds without anyone landing anything significant because they were "technically sound". A fight is good if its entertaining.

Edited by cyoung
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On February 14, 2019 at 7:14 PM, Alflives said:

Soft and extremely passive aggressive.  Signs of a serious fraidy cat.  Meow!  :lol:

jonah is a seriously tough guy.  Loved seeing him make that other guy tap out.  

Gadjovich is a very big tough guy....Hope to see him on big club in 2-3 years using his big frame and making room for the skilled Canucks...

Big grinding winger and his foot speed will get better...

• Upvote 3

On 2/15/2019 at 10:44 AM, Qwags said:

Fighting while Sweet Caroline carries them out. That's a potential highlight classic.

In Salmon Arm they used to play "could I have this dance, for the rest of my life" during a fight.  It was pretty awesome.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Give him and Lind a summer of training to adjust their bodies to pro play and we will all be pleasantly surprised next fall. 

Ya that and just maturing into professionals...they are kids, we sometimes forget that the adjustment of now living on their own is a difficult transition. Hopefully they have some guys helping them out.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...