Sign in to follow this  
suitup

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Focht, Madden, and Karlsson?

Madden for sure, unsure about Focht and Karlsson looks to be two years away IMO.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Good to see the dad come back and put up some points. I havent lost hope in hin yet.

Just wait until Cull/Utica ruin him ;)

19 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Just wait until Cull/Utica ruin him ;)

Well lets just say im not holding my breath on any comets graduating to canuck regulars.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Well lets just say im not holding my breath on any comets graduating to canuck regulars.

This kid has potential, but he's at least 2 years out would be my best guess. 

If he can continue to improve his skating, he may become a really good net presence for us in future.

• Hydration 1

I remember reading someplace that Gadjovich's M.O. is kind of to start a league slow the first season and come on in the second. Something like that, anyway.

Don't look now, but Gadjovich is quietly, and early, putting up a pretty decent sophomore year.  4 goals in 8 games is nothing to sneeze at.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Dungass said:

Don't look now, but Gadjovich is quietly, and early, putting up a pretty decent sophomore year.  4 goals in 8 games is nothing to sneeze at.

I am looking now.

Yep, goal today for Gadjovich, and a goal and an assist for Jasek, end of the first. Rafferty with an assist, too against Toronto.  Is your audio working?

Man I’m rooting for this kid.   
Built like a truck, can be mean, and not scared to play in front of the net.  
If he can get his skating up, he will be a great 4th-3rd liner 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, GoldenAlien said:

Gadjovich up to 6 goals in 13 games.  Had 4 goals in 43 games last season.

Gadjovich is on a strong pace, but in this game he also some good hits and made things tough on the end boards and in front of the opposition net.  Last year he looked like a big, slow kid, he is getting his man’s body now, and he is much stronger and more co-ordinated. He is a handful now ans able to rough house and gain position against defenders that are big and strong like him. Just part of a big boy growing into a man - he will be good this year, but better yet next year. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Gadjovich is on a strong pace, but in this game he also some good hits and made things tough on the end boards and in front of the opposition net.  Last year he looked like a big, slow kid, he is getting his man’s body now, and he is much stronger and more co-ordinated. He is a handful now ans able to rough house and gain position against defenders that are big and strong like him. Just part of a big boy growing into a man - he will be good this year, but better yet next year. 

How has his skating looked. It seems like the biggest hurdle he's going to have to get over to be an NHL player

5 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

How has his skating looked. It seems like the biggest hurdle he's going to have to get over to be an NHL player

His skating has much improved over last year - which enables him to get in some big hits, but I think he has a ways to go to be an NHL skater. That said, he is like a lot of big guys that take a while to adjust to having a man’s rather than a boy’s physique - he just looks way more co-ordinated this year. Who knows where he will be at by season end? He is deadly from 20 feet in.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Something tells me that he's better prepared to play pro hockey this year and maybe, just maybe, it wasn't all Cull keeping him from playing to his potential last year.

I wonder why he's more prepared this year. Probably because Utica had a plan in place for his development. Go figure.

Lind has said it was a tough transition from juniors. The development in Utica seems just fine. The ones that didn't want to tough it out bolted. Hopefully for those that did bolt that heading to their respective leagues was the right choice for their growth. I think players can develop elsewhere, but that isn't a knock on Utica's development program.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I wonder why he's more prepared this year. Probably because Utica had a plan in place for his development. Go figure.

Lind has said it was a tough transition from juniors. The development in Utica seems just fine. The ones that didn't want to tough it out bolted. Hopefully for those that did bolt that heading to their respective leagues was the right choice for their growth. I think players can develop elsewhere, but that isn't a knock on Utica's development program.

Lind has really adjusted well, plays well and confident now to make moves in traffic - continuing to improve, so interesting where he’ll be at by year’s end.  Good with puck and quick to reposition his feet to set up for shooting, puck protection, and getting his hips turned to better take a hit.

• Hydration 1