The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

On 7/4/2017 at 5:02 PM, Camel Toe Drag said:

I want Jonah to tune up Max Jones for the cross check to the mouth. Scum bag. 

Max Jones is a Ducks prospect as well, we may see a lot of heat between the 2 for years to come. But Jones has already developed a reputation of a cheapshot dirty player, I hope somebody serious teach that kid a lesson.

Edited by StealthNuck
Watch the language please.

3 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

Still can't believe this guy lasted till 55. He's exactly what we needed. Hope he improves his skating.

I know I've been thinking the same. The Canucks took him around his projection but just had a feel for the player he is and his style some team would have jumped at taking him early 2nd.

• Upvote 1

We probably just picked a career third liner comparable to Chris Stewart when he fills out.  Hoping he's more like Kevin Stevens, Cam Neely, Rick Tochett or even Keith Tckchuk though....

Not too worried about his speed as that usually isn't a power forwards game as much as getting in the right spot and battling for position, or crashing the corners and gaining possession.    What I love about this draft is with Lind and Pettersson it's possible an entire line could come out of it.  Plus a goalie.  The scouts said it lacked completely in generational and franchise players, but was deep otherwise, surely a couple of these guys are going to to bite.  

This was a great pick IMO.

17 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

Still can't believe this guy lasted till 55. He's exactly what we needed. Hope he improves his skating.

This.   His skating was obviously last night not at a pro level.   He really struggled to get speed "right away" but he looked like he could get there with some coaching/training.   Wasn't seeming to engage his core and was a "leg skater" which will work fine in OHL but he will be destroyed in NHL in terms of quickness and fatigue.  

All that said, he is a physical specimen with great hands.   If he commits to a kinetics based skating program and gets his first strides to come from explosive power versus just pushing his legs straight.  

• Upvote 4

On 7/8/2017 at 0:28 AM, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Already added this to a different thread but I'm going to put it here too anyway..

Jonah Gadjovich, prospect/blogger
by Jonah Gadjovich @JGadjovich / Canucks prospect

cut.jpg

Check out Boeser's legs... Physically he is ready.

Kole Lind, Jonah Gadjovich, and Micheal DiPeitro all invited to Canada's WJC Camp

http://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/three-canucks-prospects-heading-to-team-canada-world-junior-development-camp-1.21045154

The last Canucks prospect to play for Team Canada in the World Junior Championship didn’t fare too well. Jake Virtanen was expected to be an offensive leader on the 2016 team after a solid 2015 tournament in a supporting role. Instead, he and Team Canada crashed and burned, falling to the eventual gold medalists Finland in the quarterfinals.

Canucks prospects will hope for a better result in the 2018 tournament. The Canucks could have as many as three prospects playing for Team Canada, as Michael DiPietro, Jonah Gadjovich, and Kole Lind have all been invited to the Canadian National Junior Team development camp.

DiPietro is the youngest of the four goaltenders invited, but still has a strong case for making Canada’s final roster in December, with strong international performances in the Under-17 championships and the Ivan Hlinka tournament. Carter Hart is the incumbent, with a World Junior silver medal already under his belt, which is, admittedly, a strange place to keep a medal.

Gadjovich has no international experience, but a 46-goal, 74-point season at 6’2”, 200+ lbs will get you noticed. He’ll be in tough, with a lot of returning players boasting similar size, but another goal-filled season for Owen Sound will make it difficult to leave him off the roster.

Lind isn’t listed on the camp roster just yet, as he was a late addition. Like Gadjovich, he has no international experience, which puts him behind the 8-ball, but Canada would be foolish to leave one of the top scorers in the WHL off of their camp roster.

All three will presumably play in the World Junior Summer Showcase in Plymouth, MI, which runs from July 28th to August 5th, featuring games between split-squad American and Canadian teams, as well as teams from Finland and Sweden.

They won’t be the only Canucks prospects participating. Will Lockwood, their 2016 3rd round pick, is on the USA development camp roster after a strong freshman season at the University of Michigan, while Olli Juolevi and Elias Pettersson will presumably represent Finland and Sweden, though their rosters have yet to be released.

TSN broadcast the last World Junior summer showcase, but they have yet to indicate they will be doing so again this year.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

^^ Did Canada really crash and burn or did they lose to one of the best world junior teams that Finland has ever iced?

How about give credit where credit is due instead of dumping on the Canadians.

So true. That Finland team was STACKED.

Laine, Puljujarvi, Juolevi, Aho and I think there was one more player who graduated after that year that was a big contributor.

Very exciting though that our first four draft picks this year are all WJC invites.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

So true. That Finland team was STACKED.

Laine, Puljujarvi, Juolevi, Aho and I think there was one more player who graduated after that year that was a big contributor.

Very exciting though that our first four draft picks this year are all WJC invites.

Aho