The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

54 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

getty_jgadjovich.jpg

picture alone speaks words of volume the type of game he will play.

Love this pick.  we are getting skilled with Elias Pettersson, Jonathan Dahlen, Nikolay Goldobin etc, and not backing that talent up with gritty sandpaper skilled guys like Lind and Gadjovich to provide presence and in front of the net grit.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=106926

Rock climbers are usually wirery strong, with incredible grips.  Here's hoping he's like that.  Kid could be a real steal.

I like this pick more than ANY made by the team so far.   This kid already has a man's body suited for NHL, a pro shot and if he can work with Bo Hornet's skating coach this is a player that can be a Lucic but with hands.   May actually surprise people as being the player from this draft class for Canucks that makes NHL debut first.    Strikes me as a very hard player to play against and one that will make space for others on the ice.

Great pick Jim.   I am still am not thrilled at not having Glass picked yesterday but this almost makes up for it!

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, dank.sinatra said:

Damn I can't remember ever being this excited about an entire draft class.

Kudos Benning #makevancouverscoreagain

Yeah, I'm getting 2014 chills from this draft class. Especially considering how many players from that Canucks draft class have gone on to see NHL playing time. I'm excited.

Jonah's arrival in the system should, in theory, allievate some organizational pressure for a power forward while also putting pressure on Jake Virtanen to get better now that there's another power forward in the system.

• Upvote 3

So the knock on this guy is his skating? Excellent. I remember that being the knock on Horvat and he is the strongest skater on the team now.

He is older so probably won't grow too much more but likely be up to 6'3 225lbs when he makes it to the pros. Physical and can put the puck in the net. 

I am am loving these riskier picks, hopefully Benning gets some home runs !

• Upvote 1

Watching those highlights looks like he has amazing hand eye coordination.....Really reminds me of Holstrom (sp?)....he made a living in front of the net. Hopefully JG can do the same for us. 

Definitely complimentary to the skill players we have/drafted recently. 

• Upvote 2