The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonah Gadjovich | LW

saucypass

Not everyone has to be the best assist man or make the players around him better. If he can get a little quicker and find a niche scoring goals around the net and creating space for the Skilled guys on our team like the Dahlens and Goldobins, anything else is found money. 

He is also extremely articulate and seems willing to put the work in, he'll be a very good locker room presence when he makes the jump. 

• Upvote 1

Gadjovich is my favourite pick of the whole draft for us.

I've been craving having a prospect in the system with his skill set.  Big, gritty, and a player that can be a net front presence.  Might not have the same snarl as some other power-forwards, but his willingness to pay the price is what is going to make him a fan favourite for years to come.

Listening to his interviews, he is very well spoke, can imagine him being a leader for the team too.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I am bad at it :( He does seem like a man among boys though. Shame he can't go straight to the A. 

He will have time to work on his offensive skill and round out his game. He is playing with good teammates which sets him on the path to becoming a complementary forward we need.

The type of gritty forward that can play with skill and create space for them.

But yeah physically he looks ready for pro.

Glad we had 2 second round picks!!

Gadjovich reminds me of when I first looked at Tryamkin

A guy that big?

Can he play?

Yeah I think he can.... a steal of a pick!

Jake might just have some competition here.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, danaimo said:

My main concern is that he is able to plant himself in front of goalies and feed off the scraps.  It is one thing to do that in Junior.  Defencemen in the NHL will not make quite so easy for him.  

Nothing is a guarantee but he has good genes and skillset. He should up his confidence a ton and overall game in junior.

47 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He will have time to work on his offensive skill and round out his game. He is playing with good teammates which sets him on the path to becoming a complementary forward we need.

The type of gritty forward that can play with skill and create space for them.

But yeah physically he looks ready for pro.

Big body that can score, mix it up physically, and seems like a good team guy. One of my fav picks for sure.