The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

Dipietro TSN interview video link

I can appreciate how much he wants to play for Canada, but I think he placing a lot of pressure on himself.  

Not to mention how the media tends to hype up that particular position, must be extra taxing on the mind and emotions of a young kid.  Hope he can just relax, enjoy himself, and play solid like we all saw from him this past year.  IMO he is the better goalie of the 4, pedigree wise and experience in general.

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Just based on his character and aura about him that he carries, makes him a leader already on that team.

Hunch is that not only are they leaning on him to stop pucks, but to be a culture carrier of winning, and competitiveness.  

Nice separation in age between DiPietro and Demko.  By the time DiPi makes the jump to the NHL, Demko will be in his prime and will be a great mentor.

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

What is this sorcery?

If true, perhaps to keep Demko in Utica to start the year, in the event they move Nilsson?

I seriously doubt it.  Why would Dipietro leapfrog Demko?  Sounds like a hot take from someone who doesn't follow the team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

I seriously doubt it.  Why would Dipietro leapfrog Demko?  Sounds like a hot take from someone who doesn't follow the team.

I have some SERIOUS doubts about this report. Probably just pure speculation to generate clicks

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

What is this sorcery?

If true, perhaps to keep Demko in Utica to start the year, in the event they move Nilsson?

Beat me to it. I just want to mention that "DT" is the same guy who was wondering why we didn't pick Lawson Crouse over Bo Horvat.

Edited by Qwags
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

It's not necessarily leapfrogging if you keep him up for a 9 game stint then send him back to junior. Though I think that would be a terrible mistake.

31 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Beat me to it. I just want to mention that "DT" is the same guy who was wondering why we didn't pick Lawson Crouse over Bo Horvat.

Horvat and Crouse were in separate drafts? We picked Boeser the year Crouse was picked. If true that "DT" guy sounds like a real winner.

7 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Quinn is such a good rover that this reporter thought he was a forward :lol:

That is some seriously low quality writing lol. With the internet, anyone with an internet connection can "write". The overall quality of reporting is in the toilet imo, including sports news.

That is the only thing that the racist, sexist, moronic, blue haired, ignorant buffoon trump is correct about.  By the way...has he died yet? 

• Wat 1